Highcharts 4.2.6 (2016-08-02)
- Added crisp correction for crisper treemap points.
- Added support for animating graphs to the right when updating data or setting axis extremes. Related to #5294.
- Refactored sideways animation logic for graphs to better reflect shifting data. Closed #5294.
- Fixed tick animation when
showLastLabel were set to false.
- Fixed #2522, point names should fill up categories when X is not set.
- Fixed #2597, data labels remained visible even though container was hidden.
- Fixed #3571, treat NaN in data as null.
- Fixed #4204,
hover.brightness wasn't used for positive bars in waterfall.
- Fixed #4216,
null as first point failed.
- Fixed #5052, wrong placement of ticks on opposite axis on 3D charts.
- Fixed #5197, JS error on hovering chart after
- Fixed #5215, JS error when legend configuration object was set to false.
- Fixed #5280, stacked area was wrong with non-zero Y axis threshold and data points at 0.
- Fixed #5287, unsnapped crossshair was hidden after adding points.
- Fixed #5298, empty cells in Google Spreadsheet made the graph disappear.
- Fixed #5302,
dateFormat didn't handle Date objects like before.
- Fixed #5310, global stacking affected polygon series.
- Fixed #5311, JS error when setting an event config to null.
- Fixed #5322, negative values in pie series was rendered incorrectly.
- Fixed #5324, calling
Renderer.label with a shape of
- Fixed #5332, last axis label was stuck when doing repetetive redraws.
- Fixed #5337, tooltip for polygon should not behave like scatter points.
- Fixed #5339, plot area disappeared when categories were too long.
- Fixed #5348, error in arearange series when
trackByArea was false.
- Fixed #5350, 3D pies failed redraw when animation was off.
- Fixed #5352, treemap tooltip did not format point value.
- Fixed #5354,
noSharedTooltip was undefined for gauge and solid gauge, which caused errors when shared tooltip was enabled.
- Fixed #5376, axis title position was wrong with font-size text values.
- Fixed #5396, drilldown
activeDataLabelStyle color contrast did not work.
- Fixed #5417, regression causing HTML axis labels to misbehave with useHTML and rotation.
- Fixed #5442, incorrect clipRect counter causing points to disappear on series update.
- Fixed #5480, axis showed 0k or 0M. Suffix not needed for zero.
- Fixed #5486, threshold
null caused wrong fill on all-negative axis.
- Fixed #5495, shared tooltips not always working because of rounding error.
- Fixed #5500, pyramid height caused wrong position.
- Fixed #5504, exporting module default settings was not compatible with https.
- Fixed #5513,
Chart.setSize required both width and height to be set.
- Fixed #5519, issues with setting null colors in drilldown.
- Fixed #5522, 3D charts scale differently first time versus subsequent redraws.
- Fixed #5523, marker radius was incorrect when values were of type string.
- Fixed issues with PNG/JEPG in IE and Edge in offline exporting, ref #5410.
- Fixed issue #5410, offline exporting in IE/Edge failed with embedded images for PNG/JPEG.
Highcharts 4.2.5 (2016-05-06)
- Fixed #3070,
verticalAlign didn't work with rotated data labels on column series.
- Fixed #4087, error 11 was not described on the website.
- Fixed #4670, zones colors were not applied for markers on hover.
- Fixed #5211,
titleSetter in combination with
buildText added duplicate content to the title.
- Fixed #5220, a regression causing JS error when resizing polar charts.
- Fixed #5221, support for
minPointLength in xrange study.
- Fixed #5226, polar chart with no data failed with error.
- Fixed #5228,
scroller.getUnionExtremes did not consider navigation axis min and max.
- Fixed #5230, a horizontal and opposite axis used to have wrong alignment for its title.
- Fixed #5234, x value of null cancelled rendering of all points.
- Fixed #5236, last point was not always visible due to rounding errors.
- Fixed #5237, inverted should not have an effect on polar charts.
- Fixed #5250, columns were not visible in IE10.
- Fixed #5254, data labels were not aligned to the point box in heatmaps.
- Fixed #5259, crosshair prevented point hover when drawn above points.
- Fixed #5261, break at the end of a label caused wrong bounding box.
- Fixed #5266,
pinchDown was sometimes empty on Android.
- Fixed #5269, crosshairs on wrong point with multiple series and non-shared tooltip.
- Fixed #5274,
dataLabels.overflow not always respected on heatmaps.
- Fixed issue in the xrange study with axis extremes when there were other, more extended series in the same chart.
Highcharts 4.2.4 (2016-04-14)
- Added support for polar columnrange series.
e.originalEvent to drilldown event in order to catch modifier keys and other properties. Closes #5113.
- Added new drilldown event, chart.events.drillupall, that is triggered after multiple single drillup events. Closes #5158. Closes #5159.
- Added new option, chart.options3d.fitToPlot to fit 3D charts into the available plotting area. This may affect the layout of existing 3D charts if the layout was adjusted by
chart.margin setting can now normally be removed. Closes #4933.
- Added new option, lang.shortWeekdays, to specify short weekdays other than the first three letters of the weekday.
- Added new value,
day, for pointIntervalUnit.
- Added option, legend.navigation.enabled, to allow disabling legend scroll.
- Fixed #3450, tooltip did not display after zooming on Android.
- Fixed #3916, halo and tooltip visible for points outside the plot area.
- Fixed #4552, mouse interaction and tooltip positions didn't match on 3D scatter chart.
- Fixed #4631, treemap series displayed no data even when data existed.
- Fixed #4679, when series are overlapping, the tooltip should show the topmost point.
- Fixed #4700, users can set and modify opacity on parent nodes in treemap.
- Fixed #474, vertical label alignment on top axis was off when labels were on multiple lines.
- Fixed #4751, inconsistent data label behaviour after redraw.
- Fixed #4784, setting allAreas to false does not center map.
- Fixed #4812, dataLabels which was supposed to be hidden were still visible.
- Fixed #4856, zooming did not work in Treemap.
- Fixed #4866, space was not reserved for tick marks, allowing ticks to overflow the chart when axis labels were not present.
- Fixed #4868, axis breaks were not applied for a range series.
- Fixed #4891, pie slice's graphics were not fully hidden, when slice was hidden.
- Fixed #4954, corrected floating values with isSum and isIntermediateSum in Waterfall series.
- Fixed #4961, placement of tooltip on flags for inverted charts.
- Fixed #4984, tooltip jiggling on arearange even when followPointer was true.
- Fixed #5007, JS error from tooltip when running in strict mode.
- Fixed #5010, stacked areas didn't work with Date objects as X values.
- Fixed #5029, runtime error on empty data set.
- Fixed #5030, bars were shaking on initial animation.
- Fixed #5034, a regression causing axis labels on vertical axis not to wrap.
- Fixed #5053, regressions related to chart callbacks firing async.
- Fixed #5060, date format for %e was not consistent with docs.
- Fixed #5063, solid gauge tooltip showed wrong series the first time.
- Fixed #5066, crosshair with snap: false only appeared when hovering a point.
- Fixed #5075, display was not deferred on data labels with useHTML.
- Fixed #5079, a regression causing vertical axis title to disappear in IE8.
- Fixed #5084, wrong Heatmap Intro was set in parts.js, which made the Download Builder fail.
- Fixed #5085, tooltip showed for points immediately outside the plot area on the X axis.
- Fixed #5086, X axis labels overlapped when added via Chart.addSeries.
- Fixed #5087, container with padding caused error with printing in IE8.
- Fixed #5099, single point marker was not displaying when surrounded by null points.
- Fixed #5101, click events did not fire on pie slices after Point.update.
- Fixed #5112, returning false from event handlers didn't cancel default function.
- Fixed #5133, data labels disappeared on chart redraw when defer was explicitly set to true.
- Fixed #5134, a regression causing wrong aniation on pie labels when moving from one side to the other.
- Fixed #5137, boost module threw JS error when doing mouse interaction after removing series.
- Fixed #5144, problem with percentage stack with null points.
- Fixed #5146, columns with zero value and no border on negative chart were visible even though they shouldn't.
- Fixed #5156, funnel did not respect the color set for selected state.
- Fixed #5160, data grouping and boost module did not play well together.
- Fixed #5167, wrong padding in bubble charts made point disappear after setting axis extremes.
- Fixed #5171, log scale transformation functions were not accessible from the outside.
- Fixed #5174, invalid CSS because of division by zero.
Highcharts 4.2.3 (2016-02-08)
- Fixed #4989, Chart.getSVG function produced invalid SVG.
- Fixed #4999, a regression causing JS error on hovering columns having a shadow.
- Fixed #5001, a regression causing empty arearange series to fail with JS error.
- Fixed #5004, a regression causing stacked step areas to render incorrectly.
- Fixed #5015, a regression causing splines with null points and connectNulls: true not to render.
- Fixed #5016, a regression where a spline with equal X values failed to show.
Highcharts 4.2.2 (2016-02-04)
- Added new option, linecap, to allow round corners on solid gauge.
- Changed chart.load event to wait for external symbol images, so that their size is set correctly in the SVG. This comes in handy for export and server generated images.
- Fixed #1977, bubble series shadow was not moved when moving bubbles.
- Fixed #4077, panning was not supported on inverted charts.
- Fixed #4086, tick marks and labels were not trimmed to axis extremes when tickPositions option was used.
- Fixed #4573, wrong number rounding in some cases.
- Fixed #4622, updating point didn't change legend's item.
- Fixed #4759, a regression which did not update point markers in point.update().
- Fixed #4779, data labels were not cropped when rotated.
- Fixed #4859, no easy way to catch offline export failed exception.
- Fixed #4861, where offline export would fail in some cases with embedded images.
- Fixed #4870, column width calculation not correct on logarithmic X axis.
- Fixed #4886, pie slicing failed and tooltip disappeared too quickly on Windows phone.
- Fixed #4888, fillOpacity of 0 did not take effect on area charts.
- Fixed #4889, plotLine and plotBand should be rendered with higher zIndex than frames in 3D view.
- Fixed #4890, originalEvent was missing from selection event since 4.2.0.
- Fixed #4898, rounding issues with Y axis causing columns to exceed threshold value, and plot lines to be filtered out.
- Fixed #4904, async loading of points kept running after chart was destroyed in boost module.
- Fixed #4905, pie data labels were not hidden when scaling down.
- Fixed #4906, chart did not zoom when drag and drop was dropped on a different chart.
- Fixed #4911, false detection of overlapping data labels in multiple panes.
- Fixed #4912, specific export data label style didn't take effect for pies.
- Fixed #4913, regression in box size detection causing chart to overflow the container in some cases.
- Fixed #4914, boost module loadingDiv was destroyed before redraw was finished.
- Fixed #4918, spline curved wrongly when plotX or Y had a value of 0.
- Fixed #4920, polar X axis labels misaligned after chart redraw.
- Fixed #4927, crosshair only worked for one Y axis.
- Fixed #4928, HTML label lengths were not reset on resize.
- Fixed #4929, halo covered point and disallowed point click in IE8.
- Fixed #4938, HTML elements were missing visibility and opacity setters.
- Fixed #4951, X axis daily ticks did not render on midnight around a DST crossover when the getTimezoneOffset callback was used.
- Fixed #4955, export button was hidden by category crosshair.
- Fixed #2069, null points in stacked areas were rendered as zero instead of gaps.
Highcharts 4.2.0 (2015-12-15)
- Included the Standalone Framework in Highcharts and removed the concept of adapters.
- Removed global properties in Highcharts and modules. Closes #4389.
- Added new constructor,
Highcharts.chart, that allows instanciating a chart without the
- Added an option to set the
renderTo div as the first argument to the constructor, like
- Added support for
stroke-opacity attributes on VML renderer. Support semi-transparent fill with named colors on area series.
- Breaking change: Easing functions from jQuery UI no longer work. They will fall back to the default "swing" easing. With Highcharts 4.2, the easing function must be defined on the Math object itself.
- Breaking change: The sparkline demo has some changes in the constructor.
- Fixed #3372, tooltip for columnrange series was misplaced.
- Fixed #4667, column was left semi-opaque after drill up with the Standalone Framework.
- Fixed #4782, marker image width and height didn't apply to legend.
- Fixed #4799, wrong position of columns when setting grouping:false in charts with multiple columns.
- Fixed #4801, setting visibility by series.update() didn't update series group.
- Fixed #4811, legend checkbox position was wrong with legend title present.
Highcharts 4.1.10 (2015-12-07)
- Added new feature,
borderColor: null for pies, which inherits the slice color. This allows a simple workaround for antialiasing gaps between slices when not using a real border (#1828).
- Added new option, xAxis.labels.reserveSpace, to control whether the labels should take up space in the layout. Closes #3479.
- Added new option, treemap.sortIndex.
- Better animation on 3D pie drilldown (#3534).
- Fixed #2409, allowing x/yLow and y/yHigh in range charts to work across orientation.
- Fixed #2597, in Firefox, some elements stayed visible even when the container was hidden by
- Fixed #2995, series color with gradient was not correct in tooltip.
- Fixed #3140, wrong placement and axis margin when using rotated labels on a vertical axis.
- Fixed #3737, column/bar order inside group did not match the xAxis.reversed setting.
- Fixed #3745, added missing right shape of the slice when using startAngle.
- Fixed #4088, proper shapes and dataLabels positions for 3D pie chart. Minor refactoring and commenting.
- Fixed #4184, tickInterval not taking precedence over auto point range.
- Fixed #4267, updated points didn't update negativeColor until hover.
- Fixed #4309, crash in Firefox inside hidden iframe using standalone framework.
- Fixed #4369, yAxis.reversedStacks rendered wrong order for 3D columns.
- Fixed #4374, ticks became misaligned after updating the chart, even when chart.alignTicks was set to true.
- Fixed #4388, axis titles sometimes overlapping with axis labels in 3D charts.
- Fixed #4391, white areas in area stacks with multiple points on same X value.
- Fixed #4415, X axis label overlapped when step was set to 1.
- Fixed #4453, tooltip was sometimes visible in printed charts.
- Fixed #4533, pointBreak event was not called for xAxis and different series types than column.
- Fixed #4584, 3d pie with null data slices getting plotted.
- Fixed #4605, data labels were not shown if a column or column range extended far outside the plot area.
- Fixed #4638, bubble legend icon not tolerating relative font size units.
- Fixed #4640, exporting failed in IE7
- Fixed #4641, pie slices with null values should not have a data label.
- Fixed #4645, shared tooltip did't show all of the points.
- Fixed #4652, wrong alignment of labels in the left side of pies.
- Fixed #4656, bar border was visible on zero values for reversed Y axis.
- Fixed #4660, regression caused missing last alternate plotBand when using categorized xAxis.
- Fixed #4663, treemap drillUp button is now visible when the chart has no titles.
- Fixed #4671, switching from normal to boost mode left duplicate graph.
- Fixed #4675, boost module did not remove tracker path after zooming out from SVG renderer.
- Fixed #4678, resetting zoom didn't reapply ellipses to all axis labels.
- Fixed #4681, memory leak on dynamic charts due to increasing bounding box cache.
- Fixed #4686, halo was not centered on the point.
- Fixed #4691, wrong default text alignment of axis title on opposite side when the title was in low or high position.
- Fixed #4694, xAxis labels were improperly positioned with opposite xAxis and staggerLines.
- Fixed #4701, Point.update changed types of items in series.options.data, causing issues with turboThreshold.
- Fixed #4704, setting new data on a pie chart didn't update color of the slice.
- Fixed #4721, hyphenated attribute names were not correctly animated.
- Fixed #4732, halo opacity not taking effect with named colors.
- Fixed #4736, tooltip x position was NaN when zooming in certain cases.
- Fixed #4737, crosshair's stroke-width should be updated after chart's resize.
- Fixed #4738, funnel chart not rendered correctly when center was specified.
- Fixed #4749, data.decimalPoint didn't work with negative values.
- Fixed #4756, wrong position of rotated axis labels on left side.
- Fixed #4768, hidden data labels visible in tall charts.
- Fixed #4769, plot bands didn't animate properly.
- Fixed #4789, dynamically added gauge dial was drawn on top of pivot.
- Full drilldown functionality for 3D pies. Closes #3534.
Highcharts 4.1.9 (2015-10-07)
- Added new option, axis.visible.
- Added new option, bubble.sizeByAbsoluteValue, to allow negative bubbles sizes to be based on the absolute value rather than a scalar difference from smallest to greatest. Closes #4498.
- Added new series option, softThreshold, to prevent showing subzero axis ticks for line series that consist of positive data only.
- Added support for
legendType: 'point' on more series types than just pie and its derivatives.
- Fixed #2473, allowHTML should not affect the
- Fixed #2711, set proper order of data labels inside columns.
- Fixed #2854, SVG images in symbol URL's did not display in IE11.
- Fixed #3529, selected point changed color after updating.
- Fixed #3542, tooltip with useHTML did not fade out smoothly.
- Fixed #3632, pie inner size shouldn't be allowed to be greater than outer size.
- Fixed #3636,
negativeColor wasn't set for marker on hover.
- Fixed #3801, pie chart radial gradient position did not update on chart resize.
- Fixed #3971, X axis label step was not honoured when rotation was set.
- Fixed #4136, treemap did not export correctly after drillToNode.
- Fixed #4298, treemap did not update axis extremes after updated data.
- Fixed #4431, tooltip was broken when changing from column series to a different type.
- Fixed #4442,
alignTicks forced axes to align, even when only one of them contained data.
- Fixed #4465, tooltip disappeared on point when
stickyTracking was false.
- Fixed #4482, line disappeared during animation when series.step was enabled.
- Fixed #4485, ticks were added inside axis break on datetime axis.
- Fixed #4502, wrong bounding box detection of rotated labels caused overlapping text in old IE.
- Fixed #4504, bars were misplaced when using reversed yAxis.
- Fixed #4510, point search along X axis failed in boost module.
- Fixed #4511, tooltip was not displayed, when yAxis.max cut off top part of the column.
- Fixed #4519, updatating pie data immediately failed with Standalone Framework.
- Fixed #4525, errors in exported SVG when allowHTML was true.
- Fixed #4526, series used the same clip-paths, which caused wrong clipping when using different axes.
- Fixed #4529, boost module produced error with pie charts.
- Fixed #4530, heatmap with single point and large colsize caused the point not to display.
- Fixed #4532, stack ID's as strings caused JS error in Highcharts 3D.
- Fixed #4536, unable to zoom in closely on first category when minRange was less than closest point range.
- Fixed #4543, null value bubbles should not be drawn.
- Fixed #4546, pie and flag series not showing tooltip correctly when displayed in a chart with shared tooltip.
- Fixed #4558, when resizing chart during addPoint animation cause error in stacking.
- Fixed #4562, logarithmic zAxis for 3D scatter did not render properly points.
- Fixed #4586, some markers moved by 1px after hovering.
- Fixed #4594, errors when stacking two series with different data lengths on a log axis.
- Fixed #4599, cropThreshold should be ignored when getExtremesFromAll is enabled.
- Fixed #4615, labels on color axis were wrongly positioned when useHTML.
- Fixed #4627, data labels exported twice in IE and Edge. Text shadows not rendered in Edge.
- Fixed issue with duplicated pane backgrounds after the #3176 fix.
- Fixed issue with offline export in Firefox. Closes #4550.
- Fixed regression with global animation and timing of calls.
- Fixed #2801, whiskerLength for boxplot can be set in pixels.
- Fixed #3323, 3d pie parts have better zIndexes, out part of slice crossing sides created, normalization of alpha and beta to (-360, 360) range.
- Partly fixed #1686, tooltip not hiding when mouse enters over it then out from series.
- Refactored columns. Separated the crisping logic from the rest of the translation logic. Related to #4179.
Highcharts 4.1.8 (2015-08-20)
- Added experimental support for using HTML in exported charts through the exporting.allowHTML option. Discussed in #2473.
- Added new option, maxPointWidth, to the column chart type and its derivatives.
%k, hours with no padding, in dateFormat.
- Don't cache undefined bounding box key. Closes #4328.
- Fixed #4448, which causes duplicated event calls for column series.
- Fixed #1498, minor ticks were missing when using column series.
- Fixed #1655, where setExtremes event could be called with undefined extremes.
- Fixed #2775, click on custom button propagated and caused JS errors when destroying chart.
- Fixed #3379, minPadding and maxPadding was wrong on color axis.
- Fixed #3737, points within a group were not reversed in a reversed bar chart X axis.
- Fixed #3879, where linked series didn't inherit initial visibility from a parent.
- Fixed #3909, HTML data label was invisible after drilling up.
- Fixed #4149, tooltip went off plot area when data was clipped.
- Fixed #4189, wrong position of the legend in IE7.
- Fixed #4219, enconding problem with ellipsis. Better fix for #4079.
- Fixed #4246, pie slices with null values should not be rendered.
- Fixed #4313, setting one of the extremes removed both, min and max, axis paddings for bubble series.
- Fixed #4320, stack items building up and creating memory leak when adding and removing points.
- Fixed #4333, data label overlapping detection was too aggressive. Don't handle padding when the label doesn't have a border or background.
- Fixed #4339, touch-dragging in IE11 on a zoom enabled chart caused JS errors.
- Fixed #4343, axis lines missing when 3D was loaded.
- Fixed #4347, legend item click of heatmap with data classes should hide items.
- Fixed #4349, updating point.x prevented point from being hidden from legend.
- Fixed #4350, pie chart failing with StockChart constructor.
- Fixed #4356, pointBreak wasn't called for values below the threshold.
- Fixed #4356, series with null threshold now calls breakPoint correctly
- Fixed #4359, drilldown pie selected slices had wrong color.
- Fixed #4360, float error on logarithmic axis label.
- Fixed #4364, chart click event fired when clicking menu items in the export menu.
- Fixed #4365, pie chart connectors were not hidden when data labels used HTML and hiding the series.
- Fixed #4371, where negative Axis offset miscalculated clip-path for series.
- Fixed #4390, JS error in some cases on updating a series with no data.
- Fixed #4396, different minSize and maxSize per separate series didn't work.
- Fixed #4401, better handling categories based on a point.name.
- Fixed #4410, a regression causing incorrect mouseover events in column charts.
- Fixed #4411, setting axis.labels.step to 1 didn't result in 1:1 labels.
- Fixed #4420, generic X axis gridline width with 3d columns.
- Fixed #4421, overlapping upper data labels on arearange series.
- Fixed #4430, point color was not set on positive points when negativeColor was set.
- Fixed #4434, regression causing failure with reversed solid gauge.
- Fixed #4443, auto rotation was not reset after widening chart when labels used HTML.
- Fixed #4449, a regression causing wrong alignment on legend items when rtl was combined with useHTML.
- Fixed #4477, too dense ticks when setting staggerLines, caused browser crash.
- Fixed #4313, setting one of the extremes removed both, min and max, paddings.
- Fixed #4351, setSize with standalone adapter didn't resize inner container.
- Fixed animation on updating map colors.
- Fixed issue with displayNegative not working with all data. Closes #4419
- Fixed issue with pie and data labels producing JS error in IE6.
- Fixed issue with updating mapbubble point to null.
- Fixed regression with JS error on updating pie slice value to null.
- Improve logic for pointBreaks, touch #4356
- Partial fix for #3861, bubble series not working with logarithmic axes. It now displays, but the bubbles are clipped unless the user sets a padding.
Highcharts 4.1.7 (2015-06-26)
- Added new option, drilldown.allowPointDrilldown, that can be set to false to allow only drilling to categories. Closes #4295.
- Added support for useHTML in legend navigation.
- Added useHTML option to no-data-to-display module. Closes #4316.
- Fixed #2911, JS error when drilldown and allowPointSelect were enabled at the same time.
- Fixed #3318, gauge background altered background on polar charts in the same page.
- Fixed #3650, updating a point from zero in 3d pies.
- Fixed #3709, crash when showing/hiding linked series and setting data at the same time.
- Fixed #3941, added option to turn off axis label ellipsis through text-overflow style.
- Fixed #4130, errors when running Series.update from the series' own events.
- Fixed #4170, halo was still visible after hiding pie slice.
- Fixed #4233, columns and areas ascended from botton when threshold was null and all values negative. Closed #4282.
- Fixed #4275, when null points were present inside an axis break, connectNulls: false did not have an effect.
- Fixed #4280, 3D for inverted charts was disabled.
- Fixed #4284, a regression causing columns to disappear after Point.update with an object argument.
- Fixed #4291, number suffixes like k and M was applied to non-round tick labels.
- Fixed #4301, point update on solid gauge gave wrong animation.
- Fixed #4308, graphs were clipped to axis line even when it was offset.
- Fixed #4309, JS error in Firefox when rendering chart inside an iframe with display:none.
- Fixed #4310, point hovering was unstable when stickyTracking was false and point markers disabled in normal state.
- Fixed #4318, ignoreHiddenPoint didn't take effect for funnels.
- Fixed #4319, tooltip was broken on canvas heatmap demo.
- Fixed bad translation from broken axis pixels to values. Part of #4229.
- Fixed issue with Batik powered exporting and IE8. Invalid SVG tag.
Highcharts 4.1.6 (2015-06-12)
- Added new option, series.getExtremesFromAll, that tells the y axis to be scaled to the whole series range, not only the visible part.
- Added scaling support for Z axis on 3D charts.
- Added xAxis.title.x and xAxis.title.y options for positioning.
- Export: Added missing treemaps.js, fixes #4092.
- Export: Added support for Map constructor.
- Export: Added treemaps for serverside rendering.
- Export: Enable loading of maps.js.
- Fixed issue with wrong data label being hidden on overlap in columns.
- Fixed issues with ellipsis on first and last label on X axis. Closes #3975.
- Fixed #4160, 3D should be disabled for inverted charts
- Fixed #4160, 3D should be disabled for inverted charts.
- Fixed #1457, columnrange did not render with reversed Y axis.
- Fixed #182, browser hangs when updating chart from series mouseOut event.
- Fixed #2077, innerSize of pies was not correct when size was dynamic.
- Fixed #2088, crosshair shown on multiple axes.
- Fixed #3923, crash in Chrome when extending a dashed line to extreme length.
- Fixed #3974, duplicated data labels on Retina displays when text-shadow is applied.
- Fixed #3977, tooltip content sometimes displayed outside tooltip.
- Fixed #4069, slow updating of multiple pie slices.
- Fixed #4108, line wrap dataLabels in tree maps.
- Fixed #4116, cannot disable tooltip on polar chart.
- Fixed #4117, broken tooltips in pie charts when useHTML was enabled.
- Fixed #4124, treemap click on legend item returned error.
- Fixed #4128, tooltip only looked at X value for line series
- Fixed #4146, point marker stayed after updating point to null when connectNulls was true.
- Fixed #4161, a regression causing wrong position of tooltip in top row of heatmap.
- Fixed #4163, tooltip broken on pie in combo chart.
- Fixed #4166, resetting point state was coupled to tooltip, resulting in state not reset when the tooltip was empty.
- Fixed #4167, chart crashed on Y axis breaks in stock chart.
- Fixed #4177, X axis label ellipsis overlapped when in the middle of the axis.
- Fixed #4197, ignoreHiddenPoint didn't work.
- Fixed #4200, unresponsive tooltip on tight column chart with shared tooltip.
- Fixed #4201, redundant tick alignment to empty axes.
- Fixed #4203, radial gradient rendered wrong in 3D Pies
- Fixed #4208, click events did not bubble.
- Fixed #4210, touch scroll was trapped when zoomType enabled.
- Fixed #4217, tickInterval on linked axis did not follow that of parent.
- Fixed #4221, negative color and zones not working with logarithmic axis.
- Fixed #4223, tooltips showed year when data resolution was less than 1 millisecond.
- Fixed #4247, X zooming within an Y axis break resulted in empty chart.
- Fixed #4256, summary columns on waterfall, including data labels, extended below the plot area if an Y axis minimum was set.
- Fixed #4261, added namespace to drillToNode on click event in tree maps.
- Fixed #4264, column in stacked chart was mispositioned in some cases.
Highcharts 4.1.5 (2015-04-13)
- Added new option, series.keys.
- Added now option, autoRotationLimit, as an upper limit for when to apply auto rotation. Closes #3941.
- Added options to solidgauge,
innerRadius on individual points.
- Changed tooltip behaviour in line charts and derivatives. This made swithching between series easier when the other series was covered by the tooltip.
- Fixed #2922, redundant drilldown event on clicking data label.
- Fixed #3355, causing misaligned bars around the threshold value.
- Fixed #3758, setData on heatmap caused X axis to lose point range.
- Fixed #3839, axis labels not using available space after resize.
- Fixed #3867, errors on drill up on multi-series multi-level chart.
- Fixed #3912, shared tooltips not working well with pointPlacement.
- Fixed #3935, time axes got wrong extremes in rare cases.
- Fixed #3951, drilldown activeLabelStyle was lost after setting extremes.
- Fixed #3962, tooltip covered stacked columns near edges of the chart.
- Fixed #3967, shared tooltip not working with two datetime axes.
- Fixed #3969, legend indicator not displayed on colorAxis for 0 values.
- Fixed #3976, one legend item's height influenced all subsequent boxes.
- Fixed #3985, clicks registering incorrectly on column charts.
- Fixed #3988, column legend markers were not aligned to baseline.
- Fixed #3990, drilldown failed after destroying and re-initialising chart.
- Fixed #3995, all points were black after drilling in treemap with a coloraxis.
- Fixed #3996, font-style not taking effect with useHTML.
- Fixed #4001, errors thrown on area with a single point and zones.
- Fixed #4003, text replacement in export replaced content in label.
- Fixed #4006, wrong rendering of zones with values less then the minimum.
- Fixed #4014, touch scrolling not working on charts since the default followTouchMove changed.
- Fixed #4015, solid gauge color not updating in IE8.
- Fixed #4035, lineWidthPlus adding to states.hover.lineWidth.
- Fixed #4046, treemap issue with drillToNode and redraw of the chart.
- Fixed #4051, minPointLength gave wrong position on reversed Y axis.
- Fixed #4055, unable to set borderWidth to 0 for 3d columns.
- Fixed #4056, stack labels on reversed axis not vertically aligned correctly.
- Fixed #4062, 3d zIndex incorrect on chart resize.
- Fixed #4067, 3d columns datalabels not aligned.
- Fixed #4068, null colors rendered as black in columns and white in pies.
- Fixed #4069, setVisible was very slow on pies with many legend items.
- Fixed #4070, label ellipsis lost on vertical axis after redraw.
- Fixed #4075, zone elements were not destroyed on series update.
- Fixed #4079, bullets in tooltips had wrong encoding in IE8 on non-UTC pages.
- Fixed #4082, series with zones didn't apply hover line width.
- Fixed #4083, series with zones animated wrong on addPoint.
- Fixed #4085, wrong usage of momentjs in demo.
- Fixed #3832, bundled PhantomJS scripts not copied to filesystem on Windows.
Highcharts 4.1.4 (2015-03-10)
originalEvent to wrapped event argument for point and series click. Closed #3913.
- Changed description for error 23 (related to #3920).
- Fixed #1093, chart was resized after cancelling print.
- Fixed #3890, errors on box plots and error bar series when stacking was set in general plot options.
- Fixed #3891, axis label rotation not working outside -90 to 90.
- Fixed #3899, tooltip on column range only working on one point per X value.
- Fixed #3901, tooltip displaying for null points.
- Fixed #3904, shared tooltip gave errors with null points.
- Fixed #3911, data label duplication on WebKit with Retina displays.
- Fixed #3919, click event always triggered on the same point with a shared tooltip.
- Fixed #3920, color tweening with gradient fills caused black result.
- Fixed #3926, tooltip not showing when entering the plot directly on a column.
- Fixed #3932, shadow was not applied when
negativeColor was used.
- Fixed #3934, pie chart did not update when legend was hidden.
- Fixed #3937, pointer events not reset after chart destroy.
- Fixed #3945, tooltip did't work afer resize.
- Fixed regression causing mouseover to not work with a single series.
Version 4.1.3 (2015-02-27)
- Fixed #3900, duplicated Y axis in exported charts. Made export module more testable so it would have caught this error.
- Fixed #3898, zones incorrectly applied if outside axis range.
- Fixed #3895, error in title setter when setting a non-string value.
Version 4.1.2 (2015-02-27)
- Added new option to tree maps: interactByLeaf
- Added new dataLabel option, shape, in order to allow callouts and connectors on data labels.
- Fixed #3567, Safari failed at exporting charts with images.
- Fixed #3898, zones incorrectly applied if outside axis range.
- Fixed #3895, JS error when setting element title to a non-string value.
- Fixed #3886, wrong rendering of waterfall with a non-zero Y axis minimum.
- Fixed #3873, series.points array order was modified when building the k-d tree.
- Fixed #3866, data labels not re-appearing in remaining series after hiding another series.
- Fixed #3875, eternal loop and crash in Chrome when using minorTickInterval on an axis with very close data points.
- Fixed #3842 and #3872, data labels with text shadow are mispositioned in Firefox and modern IE.
- Fixed #3849, duplicated text on data labels in export. Closes #3864.
- Fixed #3868, setData broke tooltip.
- Fixed issue with tooltip not hiding after hiding a series from a floating legend.
- Hide tooltip on mouse leaving the plot area, also when a hoverSeries is not defined.
- Fixed #3860, a regression causing onMouseOver event not to work on line series.
- Fixed #3856, shared tooltip in polar charts.
- Fixed #3863, pointer with data grouping and addSeries.
- Fixed #3844, colorByPoint not working on tree maps.
- Fixed #2202, chartOptions.xAxis options not added in export.
- Fixed #3852, a regression causing logarithmic axis on gauges to fail.
- Fixed #3845, problems with addPoint on 3D pies.
- Fixed #3841, 3d column layering issue.
- Fixed #3793, charts with huge numbers fail at Number.toFixed.
- Fixed #3841, issue with multiple columns in 3d.
- Fixed #3830, point names in category axis were lost after Axis.update.
- Fixed #3836, a regression causing plot band labels to always be visible.
- Fixed #3840, isIntermediateSum miscalculation.
- Fixed drilldown issue with labels having both drilldown and static points.
- Fixed #3839, a regression causing columns not to be clipped while animating in.
- Fixed #3837, too aggressive data label collision detection in heat maps.
- Fixed #3834, crosshair drawn incorrectly on dynamically added yAxes.
- Fixed #3806, JS errors on clicking on non-drillable axis label after drilldown.
Version 4.1.1 (2015-02-17)
- Fixed #3826, a 4.1 regression causing markers to be clipped after setSize.
Version 4.1.0 (2015-02-16)
- Added polygon series type
e.category event argument in drilldown events to make it clear when a category is clicked. Related to #3771.
- Added new option to the data module, firstRowAsNames.
- Added new option, pointIntervalUnit, in order to allow months and years as point intervals. Closes #3329.
- Added beforePrint and afterPrint events. Related to #2284 and #3729.
- Added new method, Series.removePoint, to allow removing points that are not instanciated on demand.
- Added new option, global.getTimezoneOffset, to allow integration with third party timezone libraries like moment-timezone.js.
- Added new Axis option, tickAmount. Refactored alignTicks on multi-axis charts to first compute a tickAmount, then make all axes comply with that.
- Added new Axis option, autoRotation as an array of possible values.
- Added new callback option, tooltip.pointFormatter.
- Added polar support for arearange. Issue #3419.
- In solid gauges, added support for initial animation as well as setting animation object for updates. Closes #3135.
- Made the entire numberFormat method settable and wrappable from the outside.
- Made tooltip.followTouchMove true by default, and allowed page scroll at the same time.
- Implemented support for "contrast" color setting in data labels. When the data label is inside a shape (like a column), this will ensure the best readability.
- On category axes, let the crosshair width cover the whole category like a band.
- Refactored zIndex handling on SVGElements so that the zIndex can also be modified after the element is first added.
- Changed the Axis.tickPositioner callback so that the default tick positioning logic runs first, to allow modification in the tick positioner instead of creating positions from scratch. Closes #3538.
- Made the legend draw below or above the plot area in cases where it is placed in a corner and the layout is horizontal.
- Implemented algorithm for setting precise tooltip xDateFormat when needed, but general format like year, month, day etc. when the time falls on midnight and the closest point range dictates it. Related to #3329.
- New default behaviour for the xAxis.minTickInterval option on datetime axis. It now goes to the closest point range by default.
- Implemented silent degradation instead of error 19 when user options dictate too many ticks on an axis.
- Removed overflow:justify logic. Instead, move labels and add ellipsis in case of overflow.
- Export server: Adapted to PhantomJS 2
- Export server: Implemented XSS filter
- Fixed error on applying stacking to area range series.
- Partly fixed #3506, overlapping axis labels on polar chart
- Fixed waterfall issue where the upColor stayed after updating point to negative. Related to #3710.
- Don't allow decimals on yearly X axis.
- Fixed #3724, JS error on preventing the selection event and running setExtremes immediately.
- Fixed #3728, Point.update not updating category name.
- Fixed #3743, minor ticks rendered outside plot area
- Fixed #3778, redundant legend paging visible after redraw
- Fixed #3197, drilldown with hidden series.
- Fixed #3719, updating areaspline to area failed
- Fixed #3703, show no-data message on hidden series also.
- Fixed #3679, no-data label not realigning after showing hidden container.
- Fixed #3710, update point did not update sum in waterfalls.
- Fixed #3712, checkboxClick not handled for pie charts.
- Fixed #3708, color disappearing on redraw of solid gauge.
- Fixed #3702, JS error when running setData on a hidden series
- Fixed #3670, funnel ignored point specific border settings on init.
- Fixed #3648, data label posision for column incorrect when using custom positioned Y axis in inverted chart.
- Fixed #3654, millisecond ticks not placed correctly
- Fixed #3652, minor grid lines sometimes rendering outside the plot area to the right.
- Fixed #3201, crashes when zooming too far in on a dashed series.
- Fixed data module issue with blank chart when using forced categories with data longer than turboThreshold.
- Fixed #3635, markers overlapping in cases where they should not, according to the default behaviour.
- Fixed #2361, plot bands disappearing under certain conditions when zooming in so that parts are clipped.
- Fixed #3636, negative colors not applied on hover.
- Fixed #3623, negative values in pies causing bad drawing after running setData.
- Fixed #3575, huge columns not rendering on Chrome.
- Fixed #3608, reversed Y axis in gauges causing arcs to be drawn inside out.
- Fixed #3600, errors raised in modules when a chart was destroyed in its own callback.
- Fixed #3346, tooltip failed for two Y axes side by side.
- Fixed #3579, mixed up levels in multidimensional drilldown.
- Fixed #3569, reset zoom button disappeared after multiple zoom operations in empty area.
- Fixed #3390, single heatmap point getting huge size and causing rendering defects. Better axis metrics for single points. Closes #2515.
- Fixed #3544, drilling up failed when top series data was added dynamically.
- Fixed #3536, implemented error message on wrong color definitions in heat maps.
- Fixed #3525, error 12 in master-detail demo.
- Fixed #3295 and #3514 label box not rendered correctly with 0 values.
- Fixed #3507, fixed width tooltip with a single word on the last line was clipped horizontally.
- Fixed #3501, long axis labels taking up too much space instead of wrapping in drilldown charts.
- Fixed #3500, monthly and yearly X axis ticks having the wrong distribution when using timezoneOffset.
- Fixed #3449, export menu not working on touch devices when zoomType was set.
- Fixed #3391, halo not hidden on hiding a pie slice from legend
- Fixed #2889, tooltip not displayed on line series when followPointer was true. Closes #3258.
- Fixed #3176, updating gauge axis caused background to disappear.
- Fixed #2919, errors and wrong behaviours on multi-level drilldown.
- Fixed #3445, pie charts showing wrong bullet color in tooltip.
- Fixed #2919, errors on drilldown with multiple axes.
- Fixed #2912, JS error on drawing hidden waterfall
- Fixed #3437, data module failing with numeric data in first column
- Fixed #3436 causing round linecaps on median lines in box plots. Reverted fix for #1638, a workaround for a Firefox bug regarding linecaps. Newer Firefox versions don't have the bug.
- Fixed #3431, regression causing error 16 not to be triggered.
- Fixed #3434, error 10 throwed with null values on logarithmic axis.
- Fixed #3380, a regression causing Series.update not to honour updated zIndex.
- Fixed #3240, 3d pie labels with 0 values
- Fixed #3418, wrong default tooltip header date format when passing points every two days, two months etc.
- Fixed #3416, broken tooltip on colorAxis
- Fixed #3152, tooltip didn't display on the far left of a zoomed axis with categories.
- Fixed #3382, line series disappering when a negativeColor was applied and the threshold was way beyond the chart.
- Fixed #3411, align ticks fails without ticks
- Fixed #3402, redundant halo on heatmap.
- Fixed #3404, regression causing canvas heatmap to white out.
- Fixed #3402, issue with updating bar to pie.
- Fixed #3389, JS error when drilling up multi-level too quickly.
Version 4.0.4 (2014-09-02)
- Added more date parsing logic to the data module. Now integrates with Date.js, and uses Date.parse. Tries to parse all dates, but falls back to categories if dates are not sorted (which may be a sign that parsing went wrong).
- Added support for setting marker image dimensions. Closes #1807. Closes #1817.
- Added a better default value for xAxis.allowDecimals. Don't allow decimals in X value ranges that look like years. Closes #3363.
- Added warning on trying to plot negative points on a logarithmic axis.
- Allow changing "Date" class used to support other calendars. Added new option global.Date.
- Allow overriding Highcharts.numberFormat from the outside. Closes #3284.
- Made point.click event work in combination with drilldown charts.
- Fixed #3381 3D pies, wrong z index applied to sides
- Fixed #3279, column z issues in 3d
- Fixed #3397, footerFormat does not replace variables
- Speed optimization of Series.setData, related to #3260.
- Fixed #2909, a regression causing chart click event not to fire when zoom enabled on touch devices.
- Fixed #3334, missing animations in 3d pies
- Fixed issue causing markers to show even on dense line series, in spite of new logic in 4.x where it should depend on series density.
- Fixed #3202, tick marks being drawn in unwanted positions when tickInterval was set on categorized axis.
- Fixed #424, wrong tooltip position for column series in a pane position
- Fixed #3344, drilldown axis label style inconsistent after redraw.
- Fixed #3353, wrong axis minimum and maximum on thresholded series when switching from linear to logarithmic axes type.
- Fixed #3342, memory leaks in jQuery 2.x when repeatedly reinstanciating charts or destroying and recreating renderer primitives.
- Fixed memory leak on addPoint caused by adding empty names to the Axis.names lookup table.
- Fixed #3328, 3D Columns and null values
- Fixes #3317, extra tick added when there are only two ticks (start and end)
- Fixed #3315 by disallowing duplicate ids in drilldown.
- Fixed #3182, three level drilldown broken when drilling up and down again on the same series.
- Fixed #3276 with HTML markup in element titles when a label is shortened by ellipsis.
- Fixed #3088, tooltip blocking new mouse interaction after hiding when useHTML is true.
- Fixed #3285, funnel and pyramid center option not working for vertical dimension.
- Fixed #3300 where data labels would remain semi-transparent when chart updated in the middle of labels fading in.
- Fixed #3295, labels do not render 0 as value
- Fixed #3282, plotBorder width changed sign, causing a strange animation
- Fixed #3245, waterfall series failed when first element was Sum or IntermediateSum
Version 4.0.3 (2014-07-03)
- Added 3d options edgeColor and edgeWidth to distinguish from borders that have different defaults.
- Added option, chart.panKey, to allow panning and zooming on the same chart. The chart can now be configured so the user can pan by holding down the shift key while dragging.
- Added features zMin and zMax for bubble series, to set the Z value corresponding to
maxSize independently from the data.
- Changed default top position for loading label to 45%, which results in a vertically centered label.
- Better handling of data label heights on pie charts, related to #2630.
- Better handling of dynamic font sizes. Adjust tooltip text-wrapping. Apply dynamic font size (em) on line breaks. Fixed placement of title and axis labels when using ems for font size. Added support for em font-size in legend.itemStyle.
- Fixed #2251, a regression since 3.0.8 causing text and graphic elements to become selected while zooming in old IE.
- Fixed #3195 where a short axis with startOnTick and endOnTick set to false would display no ticks at all.
- Fixed #2694 causing columns to overlap by one pixel in some cases when pointPadding is 0.
- Fixed #2227, waterfall breaking with more than one intermediate sum.
- Fixed #3163, pie chart data labels displaying outside plot area.
- Fixed #1991, a regression causing area stacks with null or missing values to draw incorrectly.
- Fixed #3158 causing wrong line wraps on text containing markup.
- Fixed #3151, waterfall columns not displaying a border when the rendered height was 0.
- Downloadbuilder missing metatags in SVG, added filterset, fixes #3106
- Fixed #3072 causing unexpected borders after hover on column series when borderWidth was 0.
- Fixed #3132 causing wrong line breaks in SVG text (pseudo HTML) containing markup.
- Enabled mouse tracking on data labels for some series types where it had been mistakenly disabled.
- Fixed #3126, waterfall graph getting wider on hover. Introduced new options,
radiusPlus for hover state of graphs and markers.
- Fixed #3116, halo failing to animate when a point was updated to a new position. Removed redundant pointer.reset call on Axis.redraw because Chart.redraw also calls the same method.
- Fixed #3113, roundoff error throwing off calculations of extremes on log axis.
- Fixed #3104, touch panning not being able to pan outside the data range even if the axis min and max options were outside the range.
- Fixed #3098, plot area size of a pie chart not being recalculated after the legend size changed.
- Fixed #3090 causing default 3d options not to be interpreted correctly.
- Fixed #3094 causing series Z index to change after Series.update.
- Fixed regression issue #3095, semi-transparent fills coming out as black in exports created by Batik.
- Fixed #3082, positioning of 3d pie datalabels.
- Fixed #3080 causing JS error on low chart due to negative height of the legend clip rectangle.
- Fixed #3051 causing wrong Z indexes for slices in 3d pie charts.
- Fixed #3075 causing touch panning on a categorized axis to alter range.
- Fixed #3039, series options was not read for 3D.
- Fixed #2893 causing heatmap point colors not to update after updating the color axis coloring.
- Fixed #1080, loading text not reflowing to changed chart size.
- Fixed #3056 with tooltip chevron not pointing exactly on the right point of the graph when animating between close positions.
- Fixed #3044 causing JS errors in some cases when axis label formatter returned null or undefined. Closes #3050.
- Fixed #3053 causing series to be cropped too tight on logarithmic X axis when the number of points exceeded the crop threshold.
- Fixed #2240 causing the point mouse out event not to fire when the tooltip is shared.
- Fixed #2997, solidgauge issue with points past ±360° or below
- Fixed #3028 causing the last series to become unlinked when calling
Series.update on several linked series in succession.
- Fixed #3027 causing truncation of axis labels when the axis title offset is set and the axis title is shorter than the labels.
- Fixed #3023 causing defered data labels to show even if series was hidden in the meantime while animating.
- Fixed #3003 causing rotated data labels to be misaligned after redraw when using Standalone Framework.
- Fixed #3017 causing centering of data labels on inverted range series not to work.
- Fixed #3007, with halo showing on invisible points in pies.
- Fixed #3016 causing halo on sliced pie series to diplay incorrectly.
- Fixed #3000, labels wrongly aligned on plot lines with multiple axes.
- Fixed #3014 causing wrong tooltip position in waterfall charts in Highcharts 4.
- Fixed #3006, prevent null and 0 points from rendering in 3D Pies.
- Fixed #2982 by returning the added plot line or plot band object after
- Fixed #2977, set mimimum view point distance for 3D.
- Fixed #2975 with clipping not being updated on column series and derived series types after chart resize.
- Fixed #2968, 3d columns not drawn correctly when equal to max.
- Fixed #2963 where columns were badly drawn in Chrome due to a rendering bug.
- Fixed #2962 causing data labels on gauges not to display unless defer is set to true.
- Fixed #2954 that caused invalid SVG attributes on animating in and out grid lines when running older jQuery versions or the Standalone Framework.
Version 4.0.0 (2014-04-22)
- For news, see the release announcement.
- The default design has been updated with Highcharts 4, but all aspects of design can be reverted to the Highcharts 3 looks by applying options. See this design compatibilty demo for a listing of what options it applies to.
Version 3.0.10 (2014-03-10)
- Improved performance by 35% in our benchmark suite.
- Added new option, plotOptions.gauge.overshoot, that takes a value in degrees for how much the dial should overshoot when the value is off the chart.
- Added smarter logic to
Series.setData, where instead of re-creating all the data points, existing points are updated. This allows animation, performs faster and is less prone to memory issues.
- Added option, yAxis.reversedStacks, to choose whether to stack from the top down or from the bottom of the stack and up.
- Added support for drilldown on multi-series column charts. Closes #2604.
- Added 'pyramid' type of series
- Added 'reversed' option to funnel series.
- Fixed #2755 where attributes in pseudo-HTML were applied outside elements.
- Fixed #2753 which caused errors and broken behaviour on drilldown containing null points.
- Fixed #2770 where data labels on error bars were not displayed.
- Fixed #2681 where the Pointer object leaked memory after
- Fixed #2763 where series on log axes would disappear alltogether when the axis became too short.
- Fixed #2760 where the
ignoreHiddenSeries setting had no effect on bubble sizes.
- Fixed issue with
Chart.setTitle not causing the chart to redraw to adapt to changed size of the title. Closes #2719. Closes #2744.
- Fixed #2738 where legend navigation would add one page too many when the last page had two items.
- Fixed #2722 where pie slice data label connectors would have the wrong Z index after hiding and showing the slice.
chart.style option take effect on chart instances, not only globally. Closes #2723.
- Fixed #2713 where series connected to a dynamically added X axis would fail.
- Fixed issue with horizontal axis labels being clipped instead of justified into chart area. Closes #2703.
- Fixed #2700 causing data labels to not render inside columns if the actual value of the column was cropped.
- Fixed #2693 with drilling up from drilldown caused interference between charts.
- Added sparkline demo
- Fixed memory leaks in IE11 due to implementation of touch support. Closes #2691.
- Export server: Fixed jar location lookup on Windows, closes #2869
- Fixed issue with disappearing bar chart data labels in certain chart widths. Closes #2683.
- Fixed issue with
showLoading not displaying in IE9. Closes #2686.
- Fixed issue with
Axis.update not removing all associated series. Closes #2687.
- Fixed failure in updating stacking from percent to normal. Closes #2682.
- Fixed issue with misalignment of rotated axis labels with useHTML in IE11. Closes #2684.
- Fixed issue with wrapping horizontal legends not taking the x option into account. Closes #2680.
- Fixed issue with JS errors on hovering chart when running IE11 in combination with the Standalone Framework. Closes #2672.
- Fixed issue with wrong rotation of polar charts when X axis was reversed. Closes #2570.
- Fixed issue with tooltip position and hover point on polar chart where
startAngle was < 0. Closes #2665.
- Fixed issue with empty tooltip boxes visible in tall pages in IE10.
- Fixed issue with
showLoading not working in Standalone Framework. Closes #2653.
- Fixed issues with pie slices and data labels remaining visible after hiding the pie series itself. Closes #2315. Closes #2656.
- Fixed issue with automatic line height on labels with
em font sizes. Closes #2651.
- Fixed issue in 3.0.9 where wrong vertical axis labels would be skipped when they were of varying height. Closes #2642.
- Provided reasonable default column width and group width for column charts with only one X value when minRange was set. Closes #2610.
- Fixed issue with too many pages in the legend when using legend navigation. Closes #2617.
- Fixed unexpected effects of zooming outside the data range. Closes #1734.
- Fixed issue with line graphs not being vertically centered when there was only one value which exceeded the upper limit of 44bit values. Closes #2619.
- Worked around Firefox 26 drawing issue where legend items would not redraw after resizing the chart. Closes #2580.
- Fixed issue with text bounding boxes not being correctly computed when the chart was added to a container with
display:none !important. Closes #2631.
- Fixed issue with gauge pane background color not taking effect on multiple panes, or respecting changes. Closes #2257. Closes #2649.
- Fixed error in Standalone Framework where calling destroy on an animating element would result in endless error messages. Caused errors when a chart was destroyed while fading out the tooltip. Closes #2616.
- Fixed pie chart issue with messed up data labels with certain combinations of start and end angle. Closes #2645.
- Fixed issue with pies ignoring endAngle when it was set to 0.
- Performance improvement for updating tick labels. Closes #2640.
- Fixed issue with tooltip header not displaying relevant time resolution when points where added at minute or hour resolution with a day between them. Closes #2637.
- Fixed issue with wrong bounding box detection of numeric texts when they were of number type instead of strings. Closes #2316.
- Fixed issue with JS errors and failing to activate charts in pages that are saved to disk from the browser. Closes #2609.
- Fixed issue with
followPointer not working correctly for line charts.
- Fixed issue with numerical legend items crashing chart when navigation was enabled. Removed unsafe internal use of elemWrapper.bBox, used elemWrapper.getBBox() instead. Closes #2605.
- Fixed regression with pie slice hover color becoming increasingly brightened after repeated redraws. Closes #1619.
- Fixed issue with positioning of markers in oldIE in inverted charts. Closes #1111.
- Fixed oldIE issue with box plots and error bars not showing in inverted charts. Closed #1680. Closed #1806.
- Fixed missing stack percentage in normal stacks. Closes #2551.
- Fixed issue in Standalone Framework with getting the right mouse position inside a scrollable div. Closes #2205.
- Fixed JS error on hovering over a chart after running Chart.setData without redrawing. Closes #2594.
- Fixed issue with tooltip position if data is NaN.
Version 3.0.9 (2014-01-15)
- Added bower.json file. Closes #2244.
- Fixed JS error on quickly moving the mouse out of a chart. Related to #2499.
- Fixed issue with text positioning in modern IE when CSS line height was much smaller than font size. Closes #2444. Closes #2568. Closes #2569. Affects #2591.
- Fixed issue with crosshairs not exactly following the tooltip, mostly visible ou touch devices. Closes #2582
- Fixed issue with categorized Y axis on gauges being positioned wrong. Closes #2593.
- Reverted optimization that skipped individual handling of point attributes. Closes #2549. Closes #2587.
- Fixed issue with adding a point in the middle of a line series failing. Issue #1109.
- Fixed regression with datetime tooltip header format falling back to full years. Closes #2581.
- Fixed rounding error in stack labels. Closes #2576.
- Implemented new option, switchRowsAndColumns, in the data module.
- Fixed regression in 3.0.8 with hover color of columns having individual color option. Closes #2579.
- Fixed issue with fillColor on box plots not honored when colorByPoint is true. Closes #2574.
Version 3.0.8 (2014-01-09)
- Export: Streamlined and removed unnecessary properties in maven pom.xml
- Export: Cleaning up overlap in maven dependencies for java export server
- Added handling of white-space: nowrap in styles for SVG text.
- Implemented logic that removes overlapping axis labels just before they are rendered.
- Fixed issue with unexpected arc rendering in VML. Closes #168.
- Added multitouch support for IE10/11. Closes #2536.
- Added default date format for the headerFormatter. Closes #2546
- Fixed issue with categorized Y axis overflowing the plot area because category padding weren't applied. Closes #1784.
- Fixed issue with negative color being clipped in a series with all negative values.
- Optimized performance by caching results for getBBox for numbers, since numbers are monospaced and the same bounding box applies to any number of the same character length and the same font family and font size. Also, don't delete cached bounding box on word wrap when there is only one word. These two optimizations improved rendering times by 15% on Chrome and Firefox using our benchmark tests. Relates to #2525.
- Fixed JS errors in IE11 workaround when destroying a chart in the same thread as creating it. Closes #2030.
- Prevented memory build-up in datetime axes by avoiding unnecessary use of the Axis.names array for categories. Closes #2523.
- Fixed issue with hidden pie slices affecting the positions of data labels. Closes #2510.
- Prevent timeout when calling chart.reflow as an API call. Closes #2224.
- Fixed issue with disappearing data labels in gauges when center is outside plot area. Closes #2415.
- Fixed issue with clipped chart when resizing down. Closes #2503.
- Fixed typo in series sorting causing series to change order when updating series type in IE9. Closes #2501.
- Fixed issue with point state marker graphic staying in its previous position after a zoom operation on mouse or touch devices. Closes #2500.
- Fixed issue on iOS where selection of columns and pie slices needed two touches except on the very first run. Closes #2499.
- Fixed JS errors on empty series on secondary axis when tickPositions were defined. Closes #2482.
- Added formattributes to exporting to allow setting custom attributes
- Removed line running setting event.returnValue, which causes a warning in Chrome. Closes #2251.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues related to legend navigation.
- Fixed regression on running Point.update with null value. Closes #2481.
- Export: Refined code on waiting for images loaded
- Export: Missing images fallback gracefully, closes #2474
- Fixed regression with stack order not being affected by series.index. Closes #2456.
- Fixed issue with bubble chart not displaying when displayNegative was false.
- Fixed issue with data label styles not updating from Point.update. Closes #2468.
- Improved setOptions by copying new objects into existing instead of creating new defaultOptions structure. Improves performance and keeps internal pointers. Closes #2469.
- Fixed SVG errors on exporting SVG from IE8, causing Batik not to render the SVG. Closes #2463.
- Removed thousands separators from numbers below 10,000 in the default X axis label formatter. This prevents commas to be inserted in years when applied to a linear axis. Closes #2466.
- Data module: Update itemDelimiter option to default to tab character if a tab is found within the CSV string. This makes CSV parsing work with content copied directly from Excel.
- Fixed issue with clipped legend items when navigation is enabled. Closes #2098.
- Fixed issue with document events set in exporting not being destroyed when destroying chart. Closes #2407.
- Fixed issue with tooltip options not taking effect on certain series types where the same options were defined in series specific defaults. Closes #907.
- Fixed issue with markers on inverted charts. Closes #2450
- Fixed issue with shared tooltip showing wrong category when pointPlacement was used. Closes #2434.
- Performance improvement by not listening to document mousemove when the tooltip is hidden.
- Added symbolHeight and symbolRadius options for legend.
- Fixed issue with orphaned stack labels after Series.destroy and Series.update. Closes #2440.
- Fixed issue with updating the visibility of a pie slice causing it to go invisible. Closes #2430.
- Added new option, global.timezoneOffset, to allow setting which timezone the data is displayed in even though the input data is defined as UTC.
- Fixed bad positioning of rotated elements when useHTML was true. Closes #2404.
- Added error message on trying to add an object literal point configuration on a series with more data points than the turboThreshold.
- Fixed issue with flags on the last point dropping down to the X axis when the main series enters data grouping. Closes #2374.
- Fixed regression where legend would disappear when the linkedTo option was set to null. Closes #2414.
- Fixed regression causing JS errors after updating an axis title when useHTML is set. Closes #2402.
- Fixed issue with NaN tick positions being applied to empty axis, causing wrong number of ticks in chart with multiple axes. Closes #1741.
- Export: Beans from export-convert-module are now configurable from the export-web-module
Version 3.0.7 (2013-10-24)
- Performance improvement by moving color parsing regexes out of the Color class to a global definition in order to be instanciated only once.
- Made new option, linecap, for line series. Closes #2358.
- Allow disabling the hover state for a specific point marker. Closes #1610.
- Made showInLegend option overridable for linked series.
- Worked around Firefox/Win issue with median lines on box plot spilling over the edges of the box. Closes #1638.
- Made the data labels inherit the series' cursor setting.
- Improved fix for #2030 to work with IE11 quirks mode.
- Reverted fix for #1651, which introduced an error with stack data labels not being moved on update. Closes #2336.
- Added new option, sizeBy, to bubble charts to set whether the area or the width should reflect the data value.
- Improved workaround for IE11 text positioning issue by not applying it to exported charts, closes #2030.
- Fixed issue with useHTML legend items not drawing after removing all and adding again. Closes #2393.
- Fixed regression after fixing #2153, related to assigning styles in VML browsers. Fixes #2368 and #2368.
- Fixed issue with plot band label not being hidden when zooming out of view. Closes #2328.
- Fixed wrong calculation of
point.percentage in percentage stacked tooltips. Closes #2375.
- Fixed issue with yearly ticks being computed wrong, causing stagger lines where not necessary. Closes #2360.
- Fixed issue with IE8 not being able to add soft line breaks in text in export.
- Fixed issue with only first series' point names being used for categories. Now all series are inspected. Closes #2357.
- Fixed issue with response of PhantomJS server in export-server that lead to StringIndexOutOfBoundsException, fixes #2367
Version 3.0.6 (2013-10-04)
- Added new option, chart.spacing, to set spacing as an array.
- Added round linejoins and linecaps to line graphs for better look in prints.
- Added support for negative values in stacked percentage columns. Closes #2197.
- Added new option to pie charts, endAngle, to allow semi-circle donuts and pies.
- Added experimental support for axis.labels.ellipsis. Not implemented for VML renderer.
- Adapted Java exporting server to PhantomJS saving files locally
- PhantomJS running as server can save files to filesystem, closes #2137
- Fixed issue with too high axis max tick on very small charts where the height of the plot area was much smaller than the tickPixelInterval setting.
- Implemented Async download from export server.
- Added CORS filter for Cross-Origin requests to export server.
- Adapted Java exporting server to PhantomJS saving files locally
- Add event handler to close context menu from touching outside the menu. Improves user experience on touch devices. Closes #2258.
- Forced disabling of startOnTick and endOnTick when navigator is enabled in Highstock. Closes #1090.
- Exposing the reflow method on chart objects.
- Added no-data-to-display plugin
- Worked around bug in IE11 with rendering text in horizontal legends. Closes #2030.
- Added new option, dataLabel.overflow: 'justify'. Closes #1789, #1859, #1962, #1984 and #2190.
- Fixed issue with scatter series not displaying in polar charts. Closes #2060.
- Fixed issue on touch devices with click events not firing on series, points or chart when chart.zoomType was set. Closes #2275.
- Fixed regression issue with slow running updates on gauges. Closes #2320.
- Fixed regression with vertical crosshair not working in Highstock with series compare. Closes #2316.
- Fixed issue with hide/show series in some versions of Android. Closes #2269
- Fixed error message in PHP/Batik exporting stack when called without posting width. Closes #2303.
- Worked around InkScape bug where the hidden empty tooltip would display as a square in exported SVG. Closes #2301.
- Fixed issue with updating min and max using Axis.update() after running setExtremes. Closes #2306.
- Fixed issue with bubbles not resizing in IE8. Closes #2294.
- Fixed issue with unsorted data labels for funnels. Closes #2289.
- Fixed issue with JS errors in IE8 when trying to animate a rotated data label. Closes #1821.
- Fixed issue with disabling data label for a specific point not taking effect. Closes #2282.
- Fixed issue with Highcharts error 19 triggering with a hidden or very small chart. Closes #2272.
- Fixed issue with exporting button's menus being shared between multiple buttons. Closes #1908.
- Fixed issue with bubbles and other marker points not taking the "color" property of the point. Closes #2219.
- Fixed compatibility issue with the Standalone Framework and Dojo. Closes #2268.
- Fixed issue with updating to line series when starting with a spline. Closes #2270.
- Fixed issue in gauges with ticks disappearing or being badly laid out after resizing. Closes #1262.
- Fixed issue with Standalone Framework in legacy IE where click event wouldn't work on line series, and hovering didn't preserve the state of the tooltip. Closes #2265.
- Fixed JS error on adding VML styles in old IE in pages with more than 32 style sheets. Closes #2153.
- Fixed issue with waterfall columns starting at the wrong place with certain values on the Y axis. Closes #2241.
- Fixed issue with stacks not being cleared after updating a series. Closes #2229.
- Fixed issue with error number 19 firing on stock charts with ordinal axis when not needed. Closes #2228.
- Fixed positioning problem with tooltips on flags. Closes #2211.
- Fixed issue with addPoint() on waterfall charts. Closes #2209
- Fixed issue with wrong animation between lines of different length. Related to #1325 and #1386.
- Fixed issue when having no data in stacking chart. Closes #2207
- Fixed issue with removing points in funnel charts. Closes #2206
- Fixed issue with Point.update removing the selected state when applied with an object configuration. Closes #1909.
- Fixed issue where running addPoint with an X value not being able to insert the point into the middle of a sorted series. Closes #1109.
- Fixed issue with percentage stacked area series adding up negative values incorrectly. Closes #2197.
- Fixed issue with overlapping X axis labels and maxStaggerLines not taking effect on dynamically added series. Closes #2186.
- Fixed error on redrawing chart after applying a plot line with zero width. Closes #2189.
- Fixed issue with data labels of hidden series attracting mouseover and tooltips in IE10. Closes #2185.
- Fixed issue with connectNulls not taking effect on stacked areas. Closes #1836.
- Fixed regression where the lower stacked series in an area stack would not display. Closes #2181.
Version 3.0.5 (2013-08-23)
- Added Standalone Framework for using Highcharts without jQuery, MooTools or Prototype.
- Added error message on adding too many ticks to an axis. Closes #2174.
- Implemented better sharpening logic for columns and bars. Closes #1188. Closes #2091.
- Improved axis line, plot line and grid line positioning so that a 2px line series along the X axis shows up as exactly 1 pixel, half inside and half outside the visible plot area. Closes #1687.
- Added error message on exceeding the turboThreshold. Closes #2107.
- Fixed issue with non-aligned axes after multiple setExtremes with internal redraws. Closes #2169.
- Fixed regression in IE8 where an error occured on fading out the tooltip in older jQuery versions. Closes #2161.
- Fixed issue with series.linkedTo not working when added in non-source order. Closes #2166.
- Fixed issue with missing textShadow on HTML datalabels
- Fixed issue with tooltip not displaying on scatter points lying on the edge of the chart, when moving the mouse in from the outside. Removed limitation of only showing tooltips for points lying inside the plot area. Closes #2147.
- Fixed problem with tracking mouse movements on lines near the edge of the chart because the line tracker was not clipped. Clipped the tracker and added tracking to the marker group also. Closes #1894.
- Fixed regression with stacked columns on a log axis not displaying. Closes #2104.
- Fixed issue on older Chrome versions on mobile where pinch zooming was broken. Closes #2143.
- Fixed regression with log X axis affecting the calculated data extremes. Closes #2117.
- Fixed issue with point markers not being updated from Point.update method. Closes #2130.
- Fixed regression that appeared when fixing #2005, where tooltips didn't display in IE8 after scrolling down a page. Closes #2129.
- Fixed issue with area stacks containing negative values. The stacks are now treated differently between columns and areas. In column stacks, negative points always extend from the trheshold and down. For area stacks however this is counterintuitive. Instead, negative points are substracted from the stack. Closes #1910.
- Fixed regression where a pie slice with value zero would show up as a quarter of a circle. Closes #2103.
- Fixed hanging browser on pie charts where all values were 0 or null.
Version 3.0.4 (2013-08-02)
- Fixed issue with plot bands or lines not being removed after Axis.update(). Closes #1975.
- Fixed regression from 3.0.3 where redrawing a chart containing stacked points within the same series would cause the single stack to redraw badly. Closes #2095.
- Fixed regression with resizing a stacked chart containing negative values. Closes #2089.
- Fixed JS errors in polar chart when instanciated with no data. Closes #2093.
- Fixed regression with staggered X axis labels on reversed axis. Closes #2081.
Version 3.0.3 (2013-07-31)
- Added automatic stagger lines for colliding labels on horizontal axis.
- Added support for automatic text wrapping in long title names. Closes #776.
- Added new option, legend.itemDistance, to allow control over the distance between items of a horizontally laid out legend. Closes #832.
- Added context and event information to click handlers on touch devices. Closes #1830.
- Added useHTML option for plot line and plot band labels. Closes #1916.
- Added support for multidimensional series (arearange, ohlc, box plot etc.) in data module.
- Added automatic default alignment of axis labels based on which side of the chart and the label's rotation.
- Added automatic line-wrap of titles and subtitles if the text exceeds the chart width. This change includes changing the default Y position of the subtitle to allow it to depend on the title height.
- Increased performance of Series.addPoint on large series by preventing looping over all data points on each call. Closes #1937.
- Fixed #2017 where the browser would freeze when xAxis.min equals xAxis.max on a datetime X axis.
- Fixed legend box size browser issue.
- Worked around issue in Chrome 28 where numberFormatting would round all values to whole numbers after running for a while. Closes #2043. Closes #2052.
- Fixed issue with point.name being applied to the wrong category label. Closes #2046.
- Optimized merge function by moving a check out of the loop. Closes #2045.
- Fixed issue with wrong calculation of areas when a negative color was used on an inverted chart with non-zero threshold. Closes #2011.
- Fixed issue in Highcharts 3.0.2 where data labels for null points were rendered as 0. Closes #1997.
- Fixed issue with click events on columns not firing on touch devices until the second touch. Closes #1551.
- Fixed issue with mouse and tooltip offset inside frameset when running IE10 in compatibility mode. Simplified mouse position detection. Closes #2005.
- Fixed issue with percentage stacked area and missing values. Closes #1991.
- Fixed issue with unexact position of columns where minPointLength applies. Closes #1166.
- Fixed problem with setting area series fillOpacity to 0. Closes #1983.
- Fixed issue with export menu displaying outside the chart at the top of the button. Closes #1985.
- Fixed issue with double xmlns attributes created in IE9 and IE10. Closes #1978.
- Fixed issue with pie slices animating from center on first call to Point.update. Closes #959.
- Fixed issue with updating shadow positions on bubbles. Closes #1977.
- Fixed issue with percentages not being available for pie chart legend. Closes #897.
- Fixed issue with visible:false not taking effect on pie chart data labels. Closes #876.
- Fixed issue with updating an element's dashstyle programmatically. Closes #874.
- Fixed issue with stack labels not appearing in other series types than column. Closes #1383.
- Fix for error while converting to SVG file in phantomjs, missing character in XML.
- Added event to hide the tooltip on touch devices when touching outside the plot area. Closes #1203.
- Fixed issue with stacked columns within a single series. Closes #1959.
- Fixed issue with useHTML labels not cleaning up their parents when destroyed. This would leave a lot of empty divs inside the container after updating for example axes. Closes #1960.
- Fix for error while downloading SVG files, missing character in XML doctype.
- Fixed issue with point markers not being aligned to columns. Closes #1843.
- Fixed PDF cropped and split on 2 pages issue #1957
- Fixed issue with IE8 and exporting with old look. Closes #1964.
- Fixed issue with no legend symbol on areaspline series when line and markers were hidden. It now uses the rectangular legend symbol like regular area series. Closes #602.
- Fixed issue with area legend taking the marker fill color instead of the area fill color when different. Closes #585.
- Fixed issue with legend box not reserving space for legend title. Closes #1717.
- Fixed issue where switching from log to linear scale caused the threshold of columns to become lower than zero. Closes #1791.
- Fixed issue with legend symbols not being centered in text when font size increased. Closes #1804.
- Fixed tooltip order and naming of quartiles in box plot.
- Fixed issue with rotated labels along a vertical axis becoming wrongly positioned based on bounding box. Closes #1951.
- Better detection for showing or hiding the data labels based on whether the entire bounding box is inside the plot area. Closes #1788.
- Fixed issue with dynamically modified data being lost after Series.update. Closes #1780.
- Fixed issue where calling Point.select(true) on a pie slice would toggle it, not select it. Closes #1823.
- Fixed issue with removing plot band or line and reflecting it in export. Closes #1114.
- Fixed issue with adding X axis dynamically. Closes #1827.
- Fixed funnel chart issues with center Y not taking effect, and points disappearing when neckHeight is equal height. Closes #1866.
- Fixed issue when using rotation on a particular point's data label, the next point's data label would be rotated. Closes #1883.
- Fixed issues with legend items not reflecting updates to pie slices. Closes #1831. Closes #1885.
- Fixed issue with wrong alignment of labels on the X axis of a rotated polar chart. Closes #1942.
- Fixed issue with too tight ticks on X axis on column charts with only a few columns. Closes #1943.
- Fixed issue with bubble series not working at all when number of points exceed the turboThreshold. Removed the turboThreshold option for bubble series. Closes #1898.
- Fixed issue with spline animation of lower part when negativeColor is used and running addPoint. Closes #1899.
- Moved the warning on unsorted data to catch unsorted data in the middle of the data set in addition to the first two values. Closes #1900.
- Fixed issue with X axis not redrawing after Point.update. Closes #1906.
- Fixed issue with tooltips not accounting for the startAngle of a polar chart. Fixed issue with tooltips not being wrapped around from the last point to the first point at the top of a polar chart. Closes #1915. Closes #1469.
- Fixed issue with Safari crashing when displaying tooltips with nested HTML tags. Closes #1596.
- Fixed issue with negativeColor and logarithmic Y axis. Closes #1726.
- Fixed issue with negativeFillColor not taking effect unless a negativeColor is also set. Closes #1907.
- Fixed issue with multiple class names added to tracker objects. Related to #1918.
- Fixed wrong position of dials in IE7 and IE8 Quirks mode. Closes #1873.
- Fixed issue with inconsistent xAxis label width on bar charts. Closes #1931.
- Fixed issue with click events not being handled on flag series in IE9 and IE10. Fixed support for hovering stacked flags in old IE. Closes #1924.
- Fixed regression with wrong higher path on arearange series on inverted chart. Closes #1930.
- Fixed position of rotated X axis labels to prevent overlapping with the element below. Closes #1764.
- Fixed JS error on setting new data on initially empty series. Closes #1920.
- Fixed issue with datetime axes not using intervals greater than 10 years. Closes #1913.
Version 3.0.2 (2013-06-05)
- Added stackLabels.format option analogous to dataLabels.format. Closes #1837.
- Added localized number formatting to data labels. Related to #1637.
- Removed php-phantomjs, this will not be supported any longer
- Partially fixed issue with blurred legend contents in PDF export. Issue #1782.
- Don't neglect sum points in positive bar calculations, issue #1653
- Fix a bug related to updating existing StackItem instead of creating a new one after calling Point.update()
- Fixed error on exporting from IE8
- Fixed handling of connectNulls on area range series so that null values in either low or high positions are also connected. This allows filling the area between lines with different X values. Closes #1404.
- Adding ability to define pointPlacement numerically
- Fixed JS error on certain operations with jQuery 1.10. Closes #1881.
- Fixed regression with exporting.chartOptions not taking effect. Closes #1759.
- Fixed issue with setting medianWidth, stemWidth or whiskerWidth to 0 on box plots and error plots. Closes #1833.
- Fixed issue with errors on running point click event after the same point was destroyed from a series click event. Closes #1844.
- Fixed issue with stacks and series.index option. Closes #1722. Closes #1689.
- Fixed JS error on touching pie charts in iOS Safari. Closes #1861.
- Fixed touch zooming and panning problems from Highcharts 3.0.1. Closes #1860.
- Fixed JS error on iPad with disabled tooltip. Closes #1857.
- Fixed issue with pie slice not reverting to original position after slicing when animation is disabled. Closes #1767. Closes #1846.
- Fixed issue with last marker missing in certain withs of dual axis charts. Closes #1858.
- Fixed issue with error on custom exporting buttons containing no symbol. Closes #1822.
- Fixed issue in MooTools and Prototype adapters when used with highcharts-more.js. Closes #1834.
- Fixed issue with mispositioned pies in inverted charts after resizing. Closes #1795.
- Fixed pointer to error message for wrong axis binding. Closes #1800.
- Fixed issue with pie wrong chart data label connectors disappearing when hiding slice. Closes #1810.
- Fixed issue with wrong min and max in selection events on categorized axis. Closes #1207.
- Fix a bug when stacks wasn't updated after extremes change
- Fixed issue with plot background image not being used in exported images. Closes #1765.
- Fixed issue with higher ranks X axis labels not being applied to the last label. Closes #1760. Related to #1649.
- Fixed exception after destroying a chart while the tooltip is still visible. Closes #1728.
- Fixed missing tooltips on flags when data grouping was disabled. Closes #1730.
- Fixed issue with missing text decoration on data labels in export. Closes #1729.
- Fix error related to waterfall positive bar starting at negative value, close #1653 and #1732
- Fixed JS error when a pie series is present in an inverted chart. Closes #1736.
- Fixed issue with click events not being fired unless the mouse hasn't moved a pixel.
- Fixed JS error issue in bubble charts when first series is hidden. Closes #1737.
- Fixed issue with wrong sized bubbles when one series contains no points. Closes #1735.
- Fixed IE8 issue with mislocated bubbles after hiding and showing a series.
- Fixed issue with the smallest bubbles in a bubble chart occasionally disappearing. Closes #1710.
- Fixed issue with missing markers on negative points when explicit color was set. Closes #1702.
- Fixed issue with toolip appearing in printed chart when tooltip.shared was enabled. Closes #1707.
- Fixed issue with chart axes and chart options getting out of sync on Axis.remove. Closes #1706.
- Fixed issue with wrong tooltip date header format on single points. Related to #568.
- Fixed issue with negativeColor not taking effect on area and similiar series types when lineWidth is 0. Closes #1705.
- Fixed issue with null higher value in area range plots being interpreted as 0. Closes #1703.
Version 3.0.1 (2013-04-09)
- Added new option, tooltip.followTouchMove. When this is true, the tooltip can be moved by dragging a single finger across the chart, like in Highcharts 2. When it is false, dragging a single finger is ignored by the chart, and causes the whole page to scroll. This applies only when zooming is not enabled. Issue #1644. Issue #1662.
- Added internationalization for the Print chart text. Issue #1656.
- Fixed JS error on hiding negative bubbles. Issue #1691.
- Fixed issue with wrong axis label break on vertical axis when marginLeft is set. Issue #1580.
- Made loading mask use the current chart size, not the initial one. Issue #1601.
- Fixed issue with unintentionally filled arcs in oldIE. Issue #1642.
- Fixed missing crosshairs on logarithmic axis. Issue #1671.
- Fixed issue with missing median line on box plots in oldIE. Issue #1676.
- Fixed issue with zooming near the edges of a bubble chart. Issue #1673.
- Fixed another issue with label height in IE. Issue #1669.
- Fixed issue with bent pie data label connectors when slicedOffset has a high value. Issue #1678.
- Fixed regression issue with wrong Y axis extremes on logarithmic axes. Issue #1670.
- Fixed regression with colorByPoint option in columns with negative value. Issue #1635.
- Fixed regression with thousandsSep and decimalPoint options not being respected in the tooltip by default. Issue #1637.
- Fixed issue with the first label on a datetime axis not taking a higher rank, like day format on an axis based on hours. Issue #1649.
- Fixed issue with chart cursor being overwritten on chart click. Issue #1650.
- Fixed regression with pies being clipped to the plot area by default. Issue #1647.
- Fixed issue with area stacking. Issue #1651.
- Fixed issue with horizontal offset for exporting context button not working. Issue #1654.
- Fixed regression with minor grid lines and alternate grid bands not being hidden on axis hide. Issue #1667.
- Fixed issue with stacked areas containing no data. Issue #1661.
- Fixed regression with tooltips not showing on bar charts in IE7. Issue #1663.
- Fixed Highcharts 3 regression with corrupted columns when redrawing the chart while animating. Issue #1623.
Version 3.0.0 (2013-03-22)
Version 2.3.5 (2012-12-19)
- Added pie.startAngle option.
- Added a delay before hiding exporting menu to prevent the menu from hiding in IE when hovering over neighbour elements and button title. Issue #1357.
- Implemented warning on unsorted data for line charts and stock charts. Issue #725. Also throw a Highcharts error on unsorted column data, because the column distance and width logic relies on sorted data. Related to #987.
- Added line.step options: "left", "center", "right". Fixed issue with step in area ranges. Issue #1330.
- Added a global lookup array, Highcharts.charts, holding all available chart instances in the page. This prevents issues with writing multiple charts to the same div.
- Implemented better animation for donuts. Issue #779.
- Reorganized event assignment so that devices with touch support not only observe the touch events, but also the corresponding mouse events. This prepares for the new generation of browsers with both mouse and touch support. Issue #1305.
- Prevented getTimeTicks from creating corrupted array. Related to #1301.
- Improved rendering speed of data labels by not adding a rectangle for labels without border or background.
- Better detection for repeating gradients. Instead for checking for the same object, the actual gradient definition is now used as the key. Issue #1282.
- Fixed problem with gauge dial overlapping data label. Issue #1403.
- Fixed issue with data labels of hidden series being visible after exporting from IE8. Issue #1407.
- Fixed IE6 and IE7 issue with image symbol markers not always being displayed after page reload. Issue #292.
- Fixed issue with wrong tooltip position in Android 4.0. Issue #1385.
- Fixed issue with bottom checkboxes in a legend being hidden after cancelling legend scroll by resize.
- Fixed issue with series-level image markers not being visible in exported charts.
- Fixed issue with pie slices not being added to the legend after the first redraw. Issue #1329.
- Fixed wrong Y axis extremes on stacked line series chart. Issue #1376.
- Fixed issue with wrong placement of image backgrounds on labels, specifically image shapes in flag charts. Issue #1378.
- Fixed problem with multiple buttons with menu items in exporting module.
- Fixed issue with visible borders in exported chart when borderWidth = 0 on column charts in Firefox. Issue #1369.
- Fixed issue with tooltip remaining visible after hiding its series. Issue #1361.
- Fixed issue with reflowing in IE < 9, as well as frozen pivot on resizing gauges in IE < 9. Issue #1235.
- Fixed issue with backgrounds on multiple gauges within the same chart. Issue #1244.
- Fixed JS error in IE8 when trying to assign a gradient color to image markers. Issue #1336.
- Fixed issue with squished X axis labels on column charts with one single point. Now if the series only contains one value, only one tick is shown. Issue #1337.
- Fixed issue with tick labels using useHTML and step being slightly visible. Issue #1338.
- Fixed issue with legend items not responding to mouse interaction when legend.useHTML is true. Fixed positioning of legend items in Chrome when legend.useHTML is true. Issue #1249.
- Fixed issue with wrong positioning of bars in a bar chart when grouping was set to false. Issue #1251.
- Fixed issue with useHTML, fixed width and word wrapping in Firefox. Issue #1254.
- Fixed issue with legend checkbox position not being updated in navigatable legends. Issue #1253.
- Fixed issue with wrong placement of minor grid lines on datetime axes. Issue #1314.
- Fixed issue with Highcharts.dateFormat only replacing the first occurence of a pattern. Issue #953.
- Fixed issue with wrong dial rotation in angular gauges when used with logarithmic axes.
- Fixed memory leaks in IE7 releated to SVGRenderer.label and MooTools. Refering to #1298.
- Fixed issue with blinking column animation on extremely large columns. Issue #1303.
- Fixed issue with data label alignment not being updated after point update. Issue #1306.
- Fixed broken height detection of rotated labels in IE9. Issue #1307.
- Fixed line graph tracker objects so that the stroke-linejoin is round. This ensures better tracking around spikes in the data. Issue #1225.
- Fixed issue with placement of data labels on a column chart with reversed Y axis. Issue #1308.
- Fixed issue with visible gray marker objects appearing after Batik export from IE10.
- Fixed error on exporting an empty chart due to labels with y attribute of NaN. Issue #1300.
- Fixed issue with setting tooltip.valueDecimals to 0. Issue #1248.
- Fixed issue where the upper data label of a range point wasn't destroyed on Series.setData(). Issue #1286.
Version 2.3.3 (2012-10-04)
- Refactored data label alignment logic for better maintainabilit. Issue #1168. Issue #1212.
- Worked around label positioning problem in IE9 and IE10. Issue #1101.
- Worked around Safari 6 bug causing disappearing pie slices. Issue #1208.
- Use point.name in the tooltip header even on datetime axis. Issue #976.
- Fixed gauge series data labels after regression testing
- Fixed issue with yAxis labels with a minus prefix being wrapped into two lines. Issue #1273.
- Fixed JS errors on continuously destroying charts in window.resize. Issue #1257.
- Fixed orphaned marker after Point.update to null. Issue #1269.
- Fixed issue with text wrapping and bounding boxes in Android 2. Issue #1140.
- Fixed wrong positions of polar column chart data labels. Issue #1199.
- Fixed error in VML browsers when redrawing a chart with an image background. Issue #1245.
- Fixed issue with shadow.offsetX and shadow.offsetY set to 0 being replaced by 1. Issue #1224.
- Fixed text rotation with useHTML in Firefox 15. Issue #916.
- Fixed issue with tooltip spilling out to the left in inverted chart. Issue #1231.
- Fixed issue with null points in stacked columns on a logarithmic scale. Issue #1232.
- Fixed issue with colors and borderWidth not being applied to individual dials in gauges.
- Fixed floating number errors in stack totals. Issue #1223.
- Fixed issue in 2.3 with the sizing of linked axes. Issue #84.
- Fixed issue with span styles not being applied across line breaks in SVGRenderer. Issue #390.
- Fixed issue with series marker options not being reflected in the legend symbol. Issue #674.
Version 2.3.2 (2012-08-31)
- Added support for rotation of text when useHTML = true in modern browsers. Issue #916.
- Added new option, ignoreHiddenPoint, for pies.
- Changed the default line width for area range charts to 1 to avoid the area disappearing altogether in ranges where the min and max are equal. Issue #1213.
- Reorganized VMLRenderer to move groups (divs) out of the viewport instead of toggling CSS visibility. This provides a faster and more compact fix for #61 and #586.
- Rendering performance improvement due to better caching of bounding box for texts, leading to less DOM traffic.
- Fixed JS error in IE7. Issue #1214.
- Fixed JS error on zooming in to an arearange series in IE9. Prevented arearange data labels from being orphaned when zooming in below cropThreshold. <ahref="https://github.com/highslide-software/highcharts.com/issues/1209">Issue #1209.
- Fixed issue with data labels appearing outside plot area on initial load
- Fixed 2.3 regression regarding unstable sorting in Chrome. Issue #337.
- Fixed auto connect calculation in polar charts when category values are skipped. Issue #1197.
- Fixed issue with alternateGridColor placement not adhering to tickmarkPlacement setting. Issue #949.
- Fixed issue with config objects for data skipping a place in the color rotator in export. Issue #868.
- Fixed regression with stacking on a logarithmic axis. Issue #1200.
Version 2.3.1 (2012-08-29)
- Fixed security issue in export server.
Version 2.3.0 (2012-08-24)
- Added radial gauges.
- Added polar projection for cartesian chart types.
- Added range series types: area range, area spline range and column range.
- Added radial gradients for pies.
- Fixed bugs
Version 2.2.5 (2012-06-08)
- Removed double clipping assignment in development branch, and subsequent JS error on Series.remove in legacy IE. Issue 1027.
- Reverted fix for #904 where a line with lineWidth of 0 became visible in hover state. Issue 1016.
- Added legend.maxHeight option for paging.
- Added tooltip formatting options: percentageDecimals, percentagePrefix, percentageSuffix, totalDecimals, totalPrefix, totalSuffix. Issue 864.
- Fixed Android 2 compatibility problem. Issue 1034
- Fixed issue with legend text not wrapping correctly to itemStyle.width option ion IE8. Issue 1021.
- Fixed broken minRange after the #878 fix.
- Fixed issue with chart title and subtitle responding too late to chart resize. Issue 1012.
- Fixed JS error on quickly changing range selection in Highstock in column charts. Issue 1004.
- Fixed issue with clipping of legend after resize to a greater width. Issue 1001.
- Fixed issue with size detection of rotated text in exported charts legacy IE. Issue 997.
- Fixed issue with original mouse event information not being passed over to legendItemClick handler. Added it to event.browserEvent. Issue 4. Issue 992.
- Fixed issue with the series.pointRange option not affecting the width of columns.
- Fixed issue with error #10 appearing on a chart with all null data if yAxis.min was set.
- Fixed issue when colorByPoint was set to true, it started from the second item in the color array, whereas the first one was assigned to the whole series. Issue 974.
- Fixed JS error on setting categories with fewer items before the chart was redrawn. Issue 970.
Version 2.2.4 (2012-05-31)
- Added paging for the legend. Added legend.navigation options set.
- Added tooltip.positioner option.
- Refactored major parts of Highcharts by splitting the Chart object into separate prototypes. This eases extendability as the objects are available from the outside, and individual methods and properties can be overridden.
- Worked around issue with overlapping shadows on stacked columns. Shadow elements are now cut off.
- Made the tooltip follow the mouse position for shared tooltips with more than 1 series. This fixes problems with the tooltip being rendered close to the top series (or alternatively in another computed middle position) when the user is actually hovering another series. Issue #424.
- Worked around compatibility issue with jQuery 1.8 preview.
- Removed warnings on accessing layerX and layerY in Chrome.
- Added time-aware xDateFormat for tooltip headers in datetime axes. Added tooltip.dateTimeLabelFormat option. Issue #568.
- Fix bug that removed all win.resize handlers. Issue #982.
- Fixed issue with X axis labels becoming left aligned instead of centered in IE8 on an axis with many labels. Issue #983.
- Fixed problem with unwanted chart border when printing in Chrome. Issue #980.
- Fixed unresponsive browser in IE8 Standards when exporting pie charts with data labels. Issue #968.
- Fixed issue with xAxis label formats not landing on whole days when using local time. Issue #950.
- Fixed issue with tooltips not displaying over pie charts positioned outside plot area. Issue #68. Issue #956.
- Fixed JS error in Firefox on destroying chart with data labels using MooTools adapter. Issue #958.
- Fixed issue with black background in data labels in legacy IE and MooTools adapter. Issue #947.
- Fixed excessive looping in setTooltipPoints in certain conditions involving hidden series. Issue #945.
Version 2.2.3 (2012-05-07)
- Fixed issue with ticks and gridlines not being aligned after chart redraw.
Version 2.2.2 (2012-04-26)
Version 2.2.1 (2012-03-15)
- Added box options like
backgroundColor and more for data labels.
Version 2.2.0 (2012-02-16)
- Better performance with thousands of points.
- Improved useHTML feature on labels to skip SVG text generation and use true HTML bounding box.
- Added configuration options to the Reset button.
- Added support for logarithmic axes.
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Added partial support for Android 2.x. See the compatibility page for limitations.
Version 2.1.9 (2011-11-11)
- Fixed memory leaks in legacy IE.
Version 2.1.8 (2011-11-05)
- Fixed compatibility issue with jQuery 1.7.
Version 2.1.7 (2011-10-19)
useHTML option for most text related configuration objects.
softConnector option for pie data labels.
- Worked on memory leak issues.
- Fixed issues with data label positioning for pies.
- Fixed issue with tooltips covering point in certain cases.
- Fixed issues with latest MooTools.
- Fixed issues as listed at GitHubunder dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.6 (2011-07-08)
- Rewrote data label positioning for pies.
- Fixed issues as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.5 (2011-06-22)
- Added shadows for pies.
- Exported charts now respect user set min and max after zoom and visibility option.
- Added option series.connectNulls to connect line graphs through null points.
- Added support for exporting image symbols in charts.
- Added data labels for stack totals and improved positioning of column and bar data labels.
- Fixed issues as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.4 (2011-03-02)
- Updated MooTools adapter to work with MooTools 1.3.
- Fixed issue with charts not displaying in IE on pages with large background images or external resources.
- Fixed issue Safari Mobile crashing after removing a series dynamically.
- Fixed minor issues as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.3 (2011-02-07)
- Added soft line breaks for long category labels.
- Fixed bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.2 (2011-01-12)
- Added vertical centering logic for data labels on bars when y not given.
- Fixed bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.1 (2010-12-03)
- Added Highcharts.version property.
- Fixed bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.1.0 (2010-11-23)
- Implemented resizing and reflowing of charts.
- Added automatic margin adjustment.
- Added shared tooltip and crosshair.
- Added more animation options.
- Added category label anti collision options.
- Added groups and stacks combination.
- Added data label connectors for pies.
- Optimized for iPad.
- Added dashed lines.
- Added labels for plot bands and plot lines.
- Added a separate MooTools adapter.
- Upgrade notes:
- Legend positioning: Since version 2.1 Highcharts is aware of the size of the titles and legend and will try to make room for these in the chart's margins. When upgrading from older versions, this may lead to too great margins depending on where your legend is positioned. To prevent this, set a new option, floating to true in your legend options. Furthermore, the x and y values of the legend position is now relative to the chart.spacingTop and chart.spacingLeft etc. properties instead of the chart's outer edge.
- Fixed bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.0.5 (2010-09-17)
- Optimized for IE9 Beta 1. Highcharts is now running beautifully under IE9 Standards mode, but quirks mode is slower than IE8.
- Added second parameter, callback, for Highcharts.Chart().
- Added text parameter for showLoading().
- Fixed bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.0.4 (2010-09-07)
- Fixed bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.0.3 (2010-08-07)
- Fixed JS error on destroying chart with events in IE.
Version 2.0.2 (2010-08-06)
- Fixed minor bugs as listed at GitHub under dates since the last maintenance version.
Version 2.0.1 (2010-07-18)
- Removed chart.updatePosition method. Recalculating the position after moving the container is no longer necessary.
- Fixed some minor bugs from 2.0.0.
- Release notes:
- chart.updatePosition is deprecated.
- Fixed some minor bugs from 2.0.0.
Version 2.0.0 (2010-07-13)
- Completely rewritten rendering layer based on SVG and VML.
- Excanvas no longer needed.
- Added exporting module for exporting to PNG, JPG, PDF and SVG as well as printing the charts.
- Added donut charts
- Better positioning options for legends
- Dramatic speed improvements in Internet Explorer for series with many points.
- Release notes:
- series.dataURL and series.dataParser are deprecated. Use jQuery ajax instead. Example can be seen at the ajax loaded data example.
- Fixed memory build-up issues.
- Fixed some minor bugs reported since 1.2.5.
Version 1.2.5 (2010-04-13)
- Added chart.updatePosition and chart.container.
- Added possibility for initially empty charts.
- Added options.chart.showAxes.
- Added series.pointWidth for column series.
- Added step property to lines.
- Added legend.reversed option.
- Fixed zooming issues on inverted charts.
- Fixed error on stacking of only null points.
- Fixed issue with excanvas not being initialied before Highcharts.
- Fixed tickInterval issue.
- Fixed image symbols not removed on zooming.
- Fixed issue with datalabels not removed on zoom.
- Fixed mouse events like click and mouseover not working when tooltip was disabled.
- Fixed roundoff issues on axis labels on Firefox/Mac.
- Fixed issues with setData in pies.
Version 1.2.4 (2010-03-10)
- Added resetZoom and resetZoomTitle to the lang object.
- Added the global.useUTC option.
- Fixed error message in IE on window unload.
- Fixed tooltip width detection issue in IE7.
Version 1.2.3 (2010-03-08)
- Fixed error messages appearing in some cases after hiding all series.
- Fixed issue with toggling the visibility of stacked columns.
Version 1.2.2 (2010-03-05)
- Added lang.decimalPoint and lang.thousandsSep options.
- Added chart.destroy method.
- Added axis.setCategories method.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Fixed two error messages.
- Fixed pie slice border issue with WebKit.
- Fixed minor issue with maxZoom and min/max values.
- Fixed issues with null values.
- Fixed rectangle redrawing issue with column and bar plots.
Version 1.2.1 (2010-02-25)
- Fixed issue on initially hidden series.
- Fixed issue with hover area on bars.
- Fixed addPoint for pies.
Version 1.2.0 (2010-02-23)
- Added methods and properties for working with charts, axes, series and points dynamically after render time.
Version 1.1.3 (2010-02-03)
- Fixed a bug in the MooTools adapter.
Version 1.1.2 (2010-01-22)
- Fixed some minor bugs and issues.
Version 1.1.1 (2010-01-06)
- Added individual color for column and bar plots.
- Fixed stacked charts in Safari 4.
- Fixed spline series crashing when only one point defined.
- Fixed tooltip borders not responding to changes in content height.
- Fixed wrong placement of zero plane for area series.
Version 1.1.0 (2009-12-18)
- Added support for multiple axes with options to place the axis on opposite side and offset from the plot area.
- Added support for events.
- Added explicit chart width and height.
- Added plotLines.
Version 1.0.2 (2009-12-09)
- Fixed warnings in SSL mode in IE.
- Fixed minor display issues.
Version 1.0.1 (2009-12-06)
- Fixed zooming for splines.
- Fixed legend symbols disappearing on zoom.
- Fixed area and bar stacking issue.
- Fixed zooming in stacked areas.
- Fixed issue with single point column plots.
- Fixed issue with zero level in column and bar charts.
Version 1.0.0 (2009-11-27)