Highcharts Gantt offers a modern approach to creating interactive charts for allocation and coordination of activities and resources, built on top of Highcharts JS, the industry-leading charting library.
In close collaboration with clients, Highsoft set out to re-think what tools today’s developers need to meet end-user expectations when it comes to Gantt charts. The result, Highcharts Gantt, remarkably differs from solutions of the past. It fully exploits modern web technologies and awards both developers and end users with a truly modern and dynamic experience.
Highcharts Gantt features:
- Comes built-in with helpful GUI enhancements such as milestones, percent-complete shadings, current day indication, and relationships between activities.
- Sophisticated navigation that intelligently adapts to any device, including support for multi-touch gestures, mouse and keyboard interaction.
- Ability for end users to re-arrange tasks along the timeline, change their duration and order by simple drag-and-drop actions.
- Allows developers to write custom event handlers for building custom planning tools.
- Allows end users one-click export of any chart into a several raster or vector graphics formats. Perfect for including the charts in static reports and presentations.
- Being built on the foundation of the battle-tested charting library Highcharts.js, the Gantt module also inherits Highcharts’ legacy browser compatibility, a still important requirement for many enterprise users, as well as a community of hundreds of thousands of active developers.
Gantt for modern web development
“For decades, Gantt charts have been the standard way to visualize and interact with project management and other timeline-based resource management tools. However, many such tools remain desktop based, or built on obsolete web technologies” says Torstein Hønsi, Founder and Chief Product Officer at Highsoft. “This renders them near useless in our cloud-based, collaborative era. Users expect to be able to access data and collaborate over the web whether they are on a Mac, PC, Linux machine, tablet or a smartphone.”
Learn more about Highcharts Gantt here.