Revised October 18, 2018.
The following represents Highsoft‘s current view of its product development cycle and future directions. It is intended for information purposes only, and should not be interpreted as a commitment on the part of Highsoft.
Highcharts 7.0 (Q4 2018)
- Venn diagram
- Hyperbolic tree maps
- Force directed graph.
- Organisation chart.
- Packed bubble chart.
- Pyramid column chart.
- Depth chart
- Timeline chart, a simple line with labels marking events in time.
- Legend items for bubble charts describing the scale of the bubbles.
- Improved label positioning logic for scatter and pies.
- Faster and more efficient error detection through new debug module.
- Accessibility through sonification.
- Styled mode facelift: instead of being a separate library, styled mode will now be activated through options on a chart-by-chart basis.
Highstock 7.0 (Q4 2018)
Focusing on Stock Tools, a new range of features moving Highstock in the direction of full featured trading dashboards. The module adds a toolbar with controls for:
- Add, update or remove indicators for the chart series.
- Drawing custom annotations like text, lines, arrows etc.
- Parallel channel, pitchfork annotations, Elliot waves and Fibonacci retracements.
- A measure tool, displaying information about the measured area, including things like the amount of points, time range etc.
- Infinity line, controlled by two points, allowing projection of a trend forward in time.
- Full screen mode.
- Chart type toggle (OHLC, candlestick, line etc.).
- Current price indicator with label.
- Alarm feature when dynamic data crosses specific values.
Highstock 7.1 (2019)
- Data server module. A small server component that handles connection to a few common data sources as well as data grouping/downsampling and the calculation of indicators on the server side.
- Improved support for stock charts
- Support for Highmaps
- Organic placing of labels for series
- Ongoingly optimizing UI/UX
- Export menu configuration
- Support for adding annotations from the Editor
- Support for custom Editor plugins available for all the users in your team
- Log in with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Slack
Highcharts Cloud Version 3.0 (Q4 2018)
- Improved support for combination charts
- UX enhancements and more streamlined UI throughout the application
- Improved data import and data manipulation
- Google Spreadsheet like grid with cell highlighting and moving columns through dragging
- Can copy cell value across multiple cells
- Show/Hide cells relevant to series being worked on
- Data not relevant to chart but present in the data grid can now be saved without interfering with the chart
- Simpler editor for creating a new chart
- Search filter for the Advanced section in Customize tab
- Advanced section will now show only options relevant to the series user is working on (Bugfix)
- Change name of chart from editor screen
- Better support for series data labels
- Default themes, including Dark Unica, Grid Light and Sand Signika
Highcharts Export Server
- Transition away from using PhantomJS to using Chrome Headless (2018)