A line chart is the most common chart type used overall and is used to display continuous data trends precisely.
This line chart below displays the trend of the NASA budget as a percentage of the US Federal budget from 1958 to 2021.
Good to know
- Excellent chart type to display continuous data.
- Easy to create.
- Simple to read and understand.
- Practical chart type to reveal trends.
- Popular chart for accessibility.
- It can be challenging to read exact values at specific points. A tooltip is highly recommended to overcome this challenge.
- A line chart can be easily cluttered with a large number of series