A line chart is the most common chart type used in general and displays continuous data relationships.
The demo below illustrates the strong correlation between income distribution and homicide rates. The data was collected from the entire world and covers the years from 1965 to 1994. Similar studies were conducted and led to the conclusion that income inequality has a significant and positive impact on the crime rates.
Good to know
- Excellent chart type to display continuous data.
- Easy to create.
- Simple to read and understand.
- Practical chart type to reveal relationships.
- Popular chart for accessibility.
- It can be challenging to read exact values at specific points. A tooltip is highly recommended to overcome this challenge.
- A line chart can be easily cluttered with a large number of series.