Revised December 13, 2023.The following represents Highcharts’ product development cycle and future direction. It is only intended for information purposes and should not be seen as a commitment on our part.
What’s Coming Up
- Heatmap interpolation on geomaps
- Gradients between Sankey nodes
- Multiple data labels on pie slices
- Different upper/lower symbols for dumbbell series
- Tiled web maps - visualize maps with image tiles
- Smooth heatmap interpolation
- Mouse wheel zooming
- Logic in format strings
- Design upgrade
- Faster codebase
- Flow maps
- Pictorial charts
- Geographical heatmaps
- Audio charts
- ... and more
- Create chart configurations with text prompts, powered by ChatGPT.
- Quickly generate boilerplate code, get visualization advice, or 24/7 automated support.
- Refine and correct output via follow-up prompts.
- Immediately see examples of the charts once the code is generated.
- Full-featured, official integration with Python.
- Simple and powerful Pythonic API.
- Native integration with Jupyter, Pandas, PySpark, and more.
- Highcharts Dashboards makes it easy for developers to build dashboards that visualize and process data.
- A flexible data layer allows for easy data integration and synchronization across components.
- Use both built-in components or your own custom components with ease.
- Includes a configurable edit mode so that end-users of the dashboards can make changes to the components, data, and layout.
- Persistent state through complete save and reload functionality for the dashboard.
- Now with support for JSON data, crossfiltering Navigator component, and more.
- New and improved export server based on Chrome Headless.
- More secure, reliable, and faster.
In progress1-3 months
- More advanced cross-component configuration options.
- Improved accessibility.
- More comprehensive documentation and demos.
- Closer integration with React and other front-end frameworks.
- Richer DataGrid functionality.
- We are working on many improvements to Highcharts Dashboards, and would like to hear from you to help us drive priorities.
- We are making improvements to the zooming and panning features of Highcharts, to facilitate better UX for end users.
- We are working on many improvements to Highcharts in general, and would like to hear from you to help us drive priorities.
- For heatmap and geoheatmap interpolation we are looking into providing functionality to fill in missing data.
- We are considering more work related to interpolation, and would like to hear from you if this is relevant to your use case.
- We are working on improvements to the Highcharts Editor, to make it easy to build visual interfaces for creating charts.
- A minimal proof-of-concept is expected to be available for public testing and feedback soon.
- We are working on making Highcharts Stock more modular by extracting functionality like the Navigator.
- If this is relevant to your use case, we would like to get in touch with you to learn more.
Next up 3+ months
- We are planning improvements to our React integration, allowing developers to more easily leverage Highcharts capabilities in their familiar ecosystem.
- We are planning an official integration with Flutter, allowing developers to easily leverage Highcharts capabilities in their familiar ecosystem.
- We are considering improvements to the Stock Tools UI in Highcharts Stock, and would like to hear your feedback on the current features.
- We are planning improvements to the Highcharts accessibility features, to make it easier to create more advanced charts that are accessible and usable for everyone.
- If you have feedback for us on the accessibility features of Highcharts, we would like to hear from you.
- We are considering work to make it easier to build interfaces using Gantt visualizations.
- If you are a current or potential user of Highcharts Gantt, we would appreciate learning more about your use case.
Be the first to know about the future!
Add your email and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know what we are planning next.