Revised May 3, 2021.
The following represents Highsoft’s current view of its product development cycle and future directions. It is intended for information purposes only, and should not be interpreted as a commitment on the part of Highsoft.
- New dashboard package which will administer the data layer and communication between multiple charts and other components. Commenced work in Q2 2020.
- Continued TypeScript migration.
- New series type, pictorial, an infographic-style visualization of quantities using simplified shapes. See the preliminary study.
- New series type, tree graph, for displaying hierarchical data in a tree view. Commenced work in Q4 2020.
- New series type, arc diagram, similar to the dependency wheel, but where the nodes are laid out on a line and the links are semi circles.
- Support zooming on polar charts.
- More navigation control in drilldown. Breadcrumbs and go-to-level feature. Commenced work in Q4 2020.
- More data label options for dependency wheel, similar to pie series.
- More formatter options for tooltip.
- More technical indicators.
- New series types:
- Hollow candlestick
- Heikin Ashi
- Stock Tools improvements:
- “Indicator on indicator”. Allow rendering technical indicators, using the previously calculated technical indicator’s values.
- Linear and logarithmic scale switch.
- More stock annotations
- Data grouping by X value, so groups can be specified to a certain point of time inside the group. See the GitHub issue.
- Enable Stock Tools on multiple-pane layout.
- Improved geometry based on map center coordinates and zoom level.
- Internal support for projection.
- Support for tiled web map services.
Highcharts Export Server
- Transition away from using PhantomJS to using Chrome Headless.