Revised July 8, 2022.The following represents Highcharts’ product development cycle and future direction. It is only intended for information purposes and not seen as a commitment on our part.
- New dashboard package which will administer the data layer and communication between multiple charts and other components. Commenced work in Q2 2020.
- Continued TypeScript migration.
- New series type, pictorial, an infographic-style visualization of quantities using simplified shapes. See the preliminary study.
- New series type, tree graph, for displaying hierarchical data in a tree view. Commenced work in Q4 2020. See the pull request.
- Support zooming on polar charts.
- More data label options for dependency wheel, similar to pie series.
- More templating control for tooltip, including logic and loops.
- Support for tiled web map services.
- Support for flow maps.
Highcharts Export Server
- Transition away from using PhantomJS to using Chrome Headless.
- Support authentication and paid premium plans.
- Improvements to the Highcharts Editor will commence in 2022.