Revised January 19, 2023.The following represents Highcharts’ product development cycle and future direction. It is only intended for information purposes and should not be seen as a commitment on our part.
Highcharts JS v11 – Q1 2023
Highcharts JS, rolling implementations
- Continued TypeScript migration and further modular architecture allowing better treeshaking. Expected release in Q2.
- Interpolated colors for heatmap.
- Customizable column/bar border radius.
- New series type, pictorial, an infographic-style visualization of quantities using simplified shapes. See the preliminary study.
- New series type, tree graph, for displaying hierarchical data in a tree view. See the pull request.
- More data label options for dependency wheel, similar to pie series.
- More templating control for tooltip, including logic and loops.
Highcharts Maps – Q1 2023
- Support for tiled web map services.
- Support for flow maps.
- Support for geo heat maps.
Dashboards – Early Q2 2023
- New dashboard package which will administer the data layer and communication between multiple charts and other components.
Highcharts Export Server – Q1 2023
- Transition away from using PhantomJS to using Chrome Headless. Chrome Headless is in an online test phase now.
Highcharts Editor – 2023
- Improvements to the Highcharts Editor are planned to start in 2023.