A bubble chart is commonly used to show the relationship of data sets that contain up to four variables.
The demo below displays 2018 valuations, revenues, and losses or profits for tech IPOs on U.S. exchanges. From the chart, only Zoom was profitable in 2018.
Good to know
- Bubble charts can display up to four variables: x axis, y axis, sizes, and color.
- Bubble charts are easy to understand and gain insight.
- Bubble charts are excellent for efficiently visualizing complex data sets.
- Bubble charts are easily used to show relationships within different disciplines, such as social, economic, and medical research.
- Similar circle sizes might make gaining insight challenging.
- Overlapping circles can create clutter to gain insight.
InformationLearn more about how to create a bubble chart with Highcharts.