adziu

Missing layout.js in Dashboards 2.0 and visibility of the datagrid

Hello,

I've recently begun using the new Dashboards 2.0, but I'm a bit confused. I've attempted to configure the dashboards and implement every sample from the Highcharts pages (e.g., https://www.highcharts.com/docs/dashboa ... with-react), but I'm encountering issues.

I'm using the latest versions of React with JavaScript, Highcharts, and Highcharts Dashboards, yet I'm still encountering this error:

Compiled with problems:
ERROR in ./node_modules/@highcharts/dashboards/modules/layout.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'dashboards' in '../node_modules/@highcharts/dashboards/modules'

However, despite this error, the dashboard renders and functions properly after I close this message. This issue seems to occur upon refreshing the page (always).

Another problem I'm facing is with the visibility of the datagrid (table). When using the DataGrid, even on pages such as https://www.highcharts.com/samples/embe ... tom-layout, I cannot see any values within the table (you can view my issue in the attached screenshots). This problem persists in my local application as well on newest Chrome or Firefox.
karolkolodziej

Re: Missing layout.js in Dashboards 2.0 and visibility of the datagrid

Hi!
Thank you for contacting us!

1. I was able to recreate it on my own. I've reported the issue here: https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/20929
For now, you can use the workaround and we will investigate the issue further.

2. I don't see any screenshots and if I try the demo you've shared, everything works and the data table is fully visible.
Could you please share your code so I can verify that on my own?

Kind regards!
adziu

Hi,
Sorry for late answer.
Please see the example below regarding the second issue (datagrid). As illustrated, the body of the table is hidden. However, in the browser console's HTML structure, all data are visible.

This issue occurs frequently in the Chrome browser, even on your official demos.
highcharts3.png
highcharts3.png (248.83 KiB) Viewed 378 times
highchartsscrn.png
highchartsscrn.png (46.09 KiB) Viewed 378 times
dawid.d

Hi,

I've tested this on various browsers and systems and I am unable to reproduce this problem, everything seems to work for me. Are you using any specific browser environment/settings?
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer
adziu

It works fine on Edge and Firefox. This issue occurs only on Chrome. Even when I change styles - the background colour in the browser, nothing happens.
Of course, I cleared browser cache etc.
My environment: Chrome 123.0.6312.122 64-bit on Ubuntu 22.04.

Attachments
Zrzut ekranu z 2024-04-19 13-13-51.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2024-04-19 13-13-51.png (191.56 KiB) Viewed 339 times
dawid.d

Thanks for the specs!

We tried to reproduce it again on the same version of Ubuntu & Chrome, but to no avail, we still don't have this problem. Let me know if you have any other useful information or if you managed to solve it somehow.

Kind regards
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer
frankied003

I am also experiencing this same issue in chrome. Same information as above.
dawid.d

I am also experiencing this same issue in chrome. Same information as above.
Hi, do you mean the problem with `layout.js` or the one with invisible rows in the datagrid? If the latter, then unfortunately this is a problem that we still have not been able to reproduce. I'm wondering if there's something I might have missed, but for now on most systems/browsers we haven't been able to replicate this behavior.

Does this bug still occur in this case? https://www.highcharts.com/demo/dashboa ... te?aaa=sss
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Dashboards”