gagan

While downloading chart as PDF special characters are coming

Hi Team,
While we are trying to download higchart as PDF, then some special characters are coming in the PDF. Can you help us resolve this issue.
jakub.s

Re: While downloading chart as PDF special characters are coming

Hi,

Thanks for the question!

Could you please try to reproduce this issue (minimal reproducible example) in an online code editor like JSFiddle?

I'll then investigate this problem and try to propose a sensible solution.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
gagan

Please find attached JS fiddle https://jsfiddle.net/kc02y6rn/ which reproduces issue.
jakub.s

I'm sorry, but I can't see any "special characters coming". Could you please share a screenshot as well and point me to the right direction where I should be looking for those special characters?

Regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
gagan

We are using local exporting server and there the behavior was bit different. Here its lil bit different the arrow sign at bottom are missing in PDF export. I've attached two screenshot of jsfiddle and exported PDF where arrow in the bottom is missing.
Can you explain why that arrow sign goes missing or how to make sure it comes up correctly in exported PDF.
jakub.s

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't see the attached screenshots. Are you sure that you've added any attachments to the message? It might be best if you publish your screenshots to imgur (https://imgur.com/) and provide me with the links.

---

There is a difference between offline exporting and exporting with the export server.

1. Local exporting takes the config provided, renders a new chart based on that config, sanitizes this container for safety reasons and does a screenshot using an external library.

2. Export Server: when using online exporting, the SVG element is sent via an HTTP request, where it is received by the Export Server, which converts this given SVG from the DOM to your desired format (PNG, JPG, PDF, etc.)

---

I'll be waiting for your response and I will investigate this once it's fully reproduced (minimal reproducible example).

Regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”