plinpone

limiting data table and download by map view

Hello!

I just started using Highcharts Maps and love it. I have the export module installed and really appreciate the data table view. Is there a way to limit the data viewed in the table (and download) by what's showing in the map?

For example, if I have a map of US County boundaries and am zoomed into Maryland, is there a way to limit the table information to only the visible area, instead of showing the user a table of all of the counties in the United States?

Thanks!

M
jakub.s

Re: limiting data table and download by map view

Hi,

Welcome to our forum & thanks for the question!

I do not think we have a built-in option to sort the invisible countries out of the exported data, but the good news is that we provide an event which allows you to modify the rows before exporting.

API: https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/c ... exportData

With the chart.events.exportData function, you can modify the rows (get rid of the unnecessary ones based on your custom conditions) and return the data which should be exported into a data table view.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
plinpone

Ah, ok. Thanks for this! Yeah, I am familiar with the filtering, but was hoping to not do so much processing on the data, post-render, as we'll be serving ZIP-code and possibly census tract data. But it's all a trade off, right? Keep me in mind if there are any changes to this!
jakub.s

Absolutely, I will let you know once there is an easier way, but for now the one that I described is probably the simplest.

Wish you good luck with your project and please do not hesitate to ask in case you have any Highcharts-related questions.

Regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Maps”