joeblow

Pie chart - aligning labels next to each segment ?

Hello again!
Is it possible to align pie chart dataLabels next to each segment, rather than writing over the segment itself ?
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Re: Pie chart - aligning labels next to each segment ?

Currently there are no options for the placement of the data labels in pies, except x and y offsets. More options will be added in the future, as well as connector lines pointing back to the slice. To modify the data label placements in the current code, try changing the static values in this code in highcharts.src.js:

Code: Select all

// set tooltip position in the center of the sector
			point.tooltipPos = [
				centerX + 2 * mathCos((start + end) / 2) * radius / 3,
				centerY + 2 * mathSin((start + end) / 2) * radius / 3
			];
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
k776

admin wrote:Currently there are no options for the placement of the data labels in pies, except x and y offsets. More options will be added in the future, as well as connector lines pointing back to the slice.
Hey, how's the progress on this going? I'm evaluating Highcharts for a high profile award winning application, which would entail a license purchase if it works out well. We need the labels to be placed outside of the pie pieces, without connecting lines, and not for all pie graphs as you're code change above does. Any chance of getting this soon as we're on a deadline?
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

It isn't planned for the immediate releases, but we could add it as a custom job. If you contact us at support at this domain we can arrange something.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highcharts Usage”