allacmc

Lightweight Java Graph

I'm developing a product that involves using an ESP32 microcontroller in conjunction with NODE-Red.

Inside the microcontroller there will be an embedded webserver and I would like to place a graphic, but I need a very light, lean graphic that does not have any external links. Because the webserver won't browse the internet.

Any suggestion ?

I don't know if I can post this here in this forum. As you are all beasts... I decided to ask for help.
jakub.s

Re: Lightweight Java Graph

Hi,

Welcome to our forum & thanks for the question!

No worries, do not hesitate to post any Highcharts-related questions here.

I feel like the perfect solution would depend on a few key pieces of information.

1. Do you want just an image of the chart? Like a PNG or a JPEG?

If yes, you could just use our node-export-server which takes HTTP requests (with chart config) an in response returns pngs, jpegs, SVGs of the charts. If you have a Node.js environment on your microcontroller then you could use our Export Server to receive images of the charts.

Here's a link to our Export Server repository: https://github.com/highcharts/node-export-server
Do not hesitate to ask in case you have any questions about the details of this.

2. If you would like to have a fully interactive chart (not an image) then you would need to have a web environment in your microcontroller that would allow you to run websites. It's the only way I see as Highcharts is a library which runs in browsers.

To use Highcharts you need only one script: https://code.highcharts.com/highcharts.js which is 281KB (so I believe that you could store it in your memory instead of fetching it from the web).

3. If you do not wish to use Highcharts or you're looking for a different kind of solution then I'd recommend you post a question on Stack Overflow or other popular coding forums.

Please feel free to give some more details so we could try to find a solution which is a perfect fit for you.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”