ctoolis

Tooltips and legends disappear or lose format in tabbed layout

I have a bunch of highcharts charts all over my website. If they are all put on the same tab they all load the legend and the tooltips correctly. But if they are on different tabs the tooltips disappear completely and the legends do not have the correct formatting with shadow and such. No errors show in the console for anything and I do not get an error in my code.

I am also using highcharts.net so all my code to create the charts are in c#.

Here is the image of the working charts on the first tab.
table1.PNG
table1.PNG (38.69 KiB) Viewed 237 times
you see it looks and works perfectly fine.

Then you switch tabs and go check another chart and they are like this. Where the legends are broken and the tooltips do not work.
charts2.PNG
charts2.PNG (159.04 KiB) Viewed 237 times
It really doesnt make much sense. Especially because I am loading each chart separately thru an ajax call. Why would they work on one tab and break on the other.

Really any help would be great I've tried many things. Taking out my custom javascript in the charts. Changing the legends and tooltips. Nothing seems to work.
jakub.s

Re: Tooltips and legends disappear or lose format in tabbed layout

Hi,

Thanks for the question!

I'm not exactly sure what's happening there, but the tooltip problem with multiple tabs may be related to this issue: https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/18928 which has been solved with v11.0.1 so make sure to use the latest Highcharts version in your project.

If that does not solve your problem, could you please try to reproduce this issue so that I could take a look at what might be wrong?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
jakub.s

Hi,

I have just noticed that you've already asked this question on StackOverflow here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/763 ... bed-layout

We're working as a single support team across all channels so please do not duplicate the topics in the future. You'll receive a response from our .NET developer on StackOverflow.

Kind regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
ctoolis

That did solve the issue. Thank you!
jakub.s

Great!

Do not hesitate to ask if any more questions arise.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”