mk.developer

Re: Export Server New Version

Hi Jakub,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks.
mk.developer

Hi,

Can I please check if there is any update on this? We need a sample code which works with puppeteer.

Thanks
jakub.s

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the delayed response. I've forwarded your question to the Lead Export Server developer who, through our conversation, found a few new problems with the export-server puppeteer branch that he was not aware of before.

Our team is currently working on resolving those issues asap.

He'll be in touch with you here and let you know as soon as these problems are resolved and the puppeteer branch is ready-to-use.

Apologies and kind regards,
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
mk.developer

Ok, thanks for the update.

Do you have any ETA on this? Thanks.
jakub.s

Hi,

For now, you should try out running the code from this branch: https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... perf-fixes

This branch will be merged to the puppeteer branch after a few additional fixes. There are examples how to run it as a node-module in folder ./tests/node. In the scenarios folder there are different examples of usage and there is a script node_test_runner_single.js from which you can run a single scenario (npm run node-tests-single).

For now, running multiple scenarios at the same time does not work but that's what our developers are currently working on fixing (so running node_test_runner.js may not work).

Let me know if that works for you.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
joedayz

Error installling version enhancement/puppeteer

I followed the step to use the branch but got it error:

[root@ip-172-31-7-248 node-export-server]# highcharts-export-server --enableServer 1 --port 8080 --logLevel 4 &
[2] 31346
[root@ip-172-31-7-248 node-export-server]# /root/.nvm/versions/node/v18.16.0/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 1: /bin: Is a directory
/root/.nvm/versions/node/v18.16.0/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 3: Highcharts: command not found
/root/.nvm/versions/node/v18.16.0/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `c'
/root/.nvm/versions/node/v18.16.0/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 5: `Copyright (c) 2016-2023, Highsoft'

Some idea?

Thanks in advance.
jakub.s

Hi,

Let me tell you step-by-step what I did to make it work on my machine:

1. I've cloned the branch with
git clone --branch enhancement/puppeteer-more-perf-fixes https://github.com/highcharts/node-export-server.git

2. I've entered the directory of the cloned repository with
cd node-export-server

3. I've installed all the necessary packages with
npm i

4. I've ran npm link (https://docs.npmjs.com/cli/v8/commands/npm-link)

5. Now, when you run npm start the server fetches all the Highcharts scripts and works as expected.

I did not encounter any errors by doing this.

Please try this out and let me know if it worked for you.

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
chaitralee.shelar

I have done following things and its not working.
1. git clone --branch enhancement/puppeteer https://github.com/highcharts/node-export-server.git
to clone the puppeteer branch.
2. npm i to install all the necessary packages
3. npm link to link the package
Following errors occurred :
[root@r7515-156-v005 node-export-server]# highcharts-export-server
/usr/local/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 1: /bin: Is a directory
/usr/local/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 3: Highcharts: command not found
/usr/local/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `c'
/usr/local/bin/highcharts-export-server: line 5: `Copyright (c) 2016-2023, Highsoft'
What is the solution for this?
jakub.s

Hi @chaitralee.shelar,

I'm sorry that it doesn't work for you.

However, I've followed the steps you described: cloning the branch, entering the directory and installing the necessary packages and everything seems to work.

You can run node ./bin/cli.js --infile basic.json --outfile chart.png --type png --width 500 --logLevel 4 --noLogo 1 command with the CLI arguments you wish to pass.

Could you please share the command that you were trying to run that threw this error?

Best regards!
Jakub
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”