Daniel Ocanto

Strange behavior when printing line marks using boost and inverted options

I have a chart in which I invert the axes with inverted:true, I am using the boost(highchart) module because I use too large lines that are constantly updated. The issue is that some small lines deactivated the option with boosthreshold: 0 in the series. But when doing that, the markers appear out of square with respect to the line... I need to show the markers compulsorily, and I deactivate the boost for these lines since activated does not let me customize them.

It should be noted that I previously managed to replicate the error in a test code to mount it in a question, but it seems that someone deleted my question since I did not see it again...
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-13 104025.png
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-13 104025.png (11.03 KiB) Viewed 344 times
jakub.s

Re: Strange behavior when printing line marks using boost and inverted options

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

1. Could you please explain what exactly is your issue and how could we help?
2. Could you please send me a demo of this so I could work on your example?

Best regards,
Jakub
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
Daniel Ocanto

Hello, thanks for answering.

The problem is that these two points correspond to the black line, they are the markers. As I explained, if I have the boost activated and deactivate it for a specific line and I am with the graph with the axes inverted (the x is where the y is) then this error occurs. I had a demo but it got lost over time, I haven't had time to try to recreate it again. I'm using Nuxt and I was hoping you would have an idea of ​​where the shots are going...

It seems that the line is flipped correctly but the markers don't understand that the X and Y axes were changed.
jakub.s

Sure, I understand the problem now.

I tried many ways to reproduce this, but no matter what settings did I try:
- boost only for the 2nd series
- boost only for the 1st series
- boost for both series
- different markers

But I can't reproduce this issue.

Here's a demo that I experimented with: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/znm4yeL5/

If you could try to replicate this problem there then I'll talk to our developers and report this bug on GitHub so that they could solve it.

Best regards,
Jakub
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
Daniel Ocanto

I have good news!
I have managed to replicate the error again, I admit that it has cost me a lot... But I finally got it to give a demo.
To give you a hint of where the error is happening, if in boost, I remove the option seriesThreshold it no longer works, but I need that option to boost my graphics.
I have seen that if I remove seriesThreshold but add boostThreshold to the series I need it seems to work correctly... But I think that at some point it gave me an error, I will use it that way for now but I would like you to find a solution. Thank you so much
Demo: https://codesandbox.io/s/highcharts-vue ... /Chart.vue
jakub.s

Hi,

Thanks!

You're right! It seems to be a bug. But, fortunately for us, it was solved.

If you update the version of Highcharts that you use in the demo from 8.2.0 to 10.3.3 I believe you'll no longer have this issue.

Demo: https://codesandbox.io/s/highcharts-vue ... ked-lcl0q9

Let me know if updating the HC version solves your problem.

Jakub
Jakub
Highcharts Developer
Daniel Ocanto

Thank you very much, I have version 10.3.1, it seems that they had not solved this until version 10.3.3, I will try to update the version of my project. Again thank you very much for your answer, since last year I had this problem.
jakub.s

Sure, no problem!

Do not hesitate to ask on this forum if any more questions come up.

Regards,
Jakub
Jakub
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”