jfs

problem with pointPlacement for line serie

Hi,

i have a problem with pointPlacement for a line-serie. I want to make it match with colum-serie, where pointPlacement works.
I am confused, because i saw an example in an old thread, where it works.
In the documentation i found a hint about pointRange, which should be defined for line pointPlacement. Could it be the reason ?

For information i am using the embedded Highchart in Polarion (Siemens ALM tool).

Thanks
Jfs
kamil.k

Re: problem with pointPlacement for line serie

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting us again.

Especially for the line-type series, the pointRange property needs to be defined, otherwise, the pointPlacement property won't be working. As you mentioned, it is said in the docs: https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/s ... tPlacement

If applying the pointRange property won't be the solution for you, please, provide the working demo showing the configuration you use, then I will be able to prepare a possible solution for your case and help you better. The link to the old threat you mentioned about would be helpful as well.

You can start building the demo here: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/0dx2g53w/

Looking forward to your response,
Kind Regards!
Kamil Kubik
Highcharts Developer
jfs

Well, looks bad in Polarion, but the same thing in jsfiddle looks good. So seem to be linked to the version used in Polarion.
I try to find out which version is embedded in Polarion.
jfs

The embedded Highchart has been updated in october 2020. I can't see which version has been used.

Here the text from release notes :

"Updated Highcharts to new version
Polarion leverages a popular charting library Highcharts. Upgrading it to the newest version brings a number of benefits:

More charts are available, e.g. histogram, sunburst, timeline, network graph, Venn diagram, or org chart.
Charts intelligently recognize the boundaries for the Y-axis. (Starting at 0 for charts that display counts.)
Hovering over the series label highlights the specific series for better readability.
PDF export displays the charts in vector format, which results in sharper and crisper chart output at any scale."

https://blogs.sw.siemens.com/polarion/p ... ew-version
jfs

it is :
Version(s): 8.0.3

A chance you can help ? maybe with a workaround ?
kamil.k

Unfortunately, we are unable to help as we don't support Polarion. There is a possibility that the features might not work in older Highcharts versions but I can't help without digging into Polarion's code.

I hope you will get help by directly contacting Polarion's support.

Regards!
Kamil Kubik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”