HaFr

Update Highcharts v10.3.0 some charts don't work anymore

I use the Highcharts CDN for my websites. Version 10.2.1 worked fine, but after the recent update 10.3.0 and 10.3.1 suddenly the data is no longer shown. The strange thing about it there is no error or warning at all.
The problem exists in the Highcharts and not in the stocks. After installing a local 10.2.1 version everything works fine again.
I have looked in the change logs but they do not show me exactly what has been changed.
My question is, what to do? I can try to see for myself , but that is a lot of work without the certainty to find the problem.
The only real difference between the working and not working graphs is that for the not working the data is get by an ajax call and then the redraw is called. In the other versions I have used the getJSON. But if that is the cause, I do not know.
I hope for some good suggestions on the way to go. And of coarse am I the only one having troubles with the update 10.3?
kamil.m

Re: Update Highcharts v10.3.0 some charts don't work anymore

Hello there,

Welcome to our forum and thank you for contacting us with your question!

I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered some issues with the latest update. To speed up the process, please prepare a working demo with your data in an online editor such as JSFiddle, Stackblitz or Codesandbox.

Once you do that, and the error still occurs, please report it on our GitHub issues page. Make sure to describe your problem (just like you did here) and paste the link for your demo.

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues

We are sorry for the inconvenience,
Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
HaFr

The problem is of course highcharts implementations are used in complex longer existing environments (i.e. Bootstrap 3.3.4, Bootgrid 1.3.1, DataTables 2.2.7, jQuery 2.1.3). The server is written in PHP. Ajax is used wherever possible in combination with REST services.
Fortunately I don't use Laravel, Symphony to make things even more complex.
To build such an environment in JSFiddle is impossible. But I have tried and that instance worked. So I am now busy to create a simple PHP-program which embeds all the combination (with parameters for CDN or Local installation, for production- or debug-src installation. I will find where the problem exist (I still hope so). When I do know more I will let you know...
kamil.m

Sure thing, let us know once you'll need anything else!

Also please note, that we have encountered some bugs in 10.3.x version, so for now you can roll back to 10.2.x, and watch the changelog for new releases.
https://www.highcharts.com/blog/changelog/

Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”