bhagyaMazire

Observing memory leak when multiple charts are rendered on screen and are updated on refresh interval say 5 seconds.

Hi,

Observing memory leak when multiple charts are rendered on screen and are updated on refresh interval say 5 seconds.

We have a use case where on a screen we have 7 Pie charts.

All the charts are getting updated on refresh intervals, say 5 seconds.

When we wait on the same screen for more than an hour the memory reaches to 2 GB.

After analysing the Memory tab of the chrome browser we found that memory is mainly consumed by Highchart Accessibility. PFA.

We are working on providing a jsfiddle that reproduces this issue which will help to investigate it further.
Attachments
HIghchartMemoryLeak.png
HIghchartMemoryLeak.png (245.26 KiB) Viewed 750 times
bhagyaMazire

Re: Observing memory leak when multiple charts are rendered on screen and are updated on refresh interval say 5 seconds.

Hi,

We also verified that memory leak is observed on 7.2.2 and 10.0.0.
rafalS

Re: Observing memory leak when multiple charts are rendered on screen and are updated on refresh interval say 5 seconds.

Hi!

I created a demo with 100 pies updated every 5 seconds and the accessibility module enabled in v10.0.0: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/08jbsu2o/

After 45 minutes I haven't noticed any memory leak. In Chrome Developer Tools memory used was 20MB all the time with no suspicious objects.

I'm afraid we need a demo showing your issue to investigate it further.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Usage”