HansR

Background image

Hi,

I want to have a background image to the chart but it does not work.
A Highcharts demo fiddle does not work either (the image is accessible though, I checked)

Is this feature still available and if so, why does it not work? Any special conditions to the image or other chart parameters?
HansR
hubert.k

Re: Background image

Hello HansR!
We appreciate you reaching out to us!

Well, when I opened the demo everything is working fine, the image is shown as the background of the chart. I am attaching a screenshot:
setting-a-plot-backgroun.jpeg
setting-a-plot-backgroun.jpeg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 614 times
This is an official demo and it is working correctly also on my colleague's computers.

Do you have any errors in your console? Maybe you have some blockades in your browser or your antivirus program blocks some URLs? I suggest checking the chart also on other browsers. It is not looking, like a Highcharts problem, but maybe together we will find a solution. Also, can you try to export the image of the chart and check if there is a background image?

I am looking for your response.
Regards!
Hubert Kozik
Highcharts Developer
HansR

Hi Hubert,

You are right :
Maybe you have some blockades in your browser or your antivirus program blocks some URLs?
It was the add blocker. So I switched off the add blocker for the Highcharts site and there it was.

But having said that: is there a generic solution for this? I can't ask everybody looking at the site to switch off the add-blocker
Last edited by HansR on Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HansR
hubert.k

No problem, we're here to help you :) In case of any further questions, feel free to contact us again.
Hubert Kozik
Highcharts Developer
HansR

Ah now I was too quick: I thought it over and we can't ask everybody to switch off the add blocker. Any image url should not be blocked. Why can I ask other images via HTTP and not this one. This is not regular HTTP is it?
HansR
HansR

And in addition: how do I get an image over the whole container area?

Sorry for the successive questions
HansR
HansR

Hi,
HansR wrote: Ah now I was too quick: I thought it over and we can't ask everybody to switch off the add blocker. Any image url should not be blocked. Why can I ask other images via HTTP and not this one. This is not regular HTTP is it?
And my own research found why: the Highcharts image apparently either has a tracker in the image or Highcharts is seen as a reason to block. An image by myself from my own domain did not raise an issue.
HansR wrote: And in addition: how do I get an image over the whole container area?
I found the answer to this one as well: an image on the whole background for a chart by setting the chart fill to none and put a background on the containing div works fine.

As I said: sorry for the successive questions, thanks very much for the rapid response which put me on the right track.
(though a confusing Highcharts image I must say)
HansR
hubert.k

That's great to hear that you have solved your problem! If you have any further questions, we're here to help you.
Hubert Kozik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”