sgloss

Making multiple lines that use different X values on one graph

I'm not sure if this was a great explanation in my title of what I want to do but hopefully the picture makes it clear. I'm making a curl command currently that I'm putting into postman to post it onto the highcharts export server to make a chart but I'm struggling to figure out how to make lines that don't exclusively start from the first x value and then continue. I was hoping for some guidance as to how to do this (or if it is not possible). Thanks so much.
kamil.m

Re: Making multiple lines that use different X values on one graph

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum and thank you for contacting us with your question!
Unfortunately, your image does not load but I think I know what you want to achieve.

To get the desired outcome, you need to provide the specific x values in your data array. (the default one-level array is just built of y values, and x values are array indexes).

You can do that in two ways:
Structure your data like this: [ [x,y], [x,y], [x,y]...) ]
Or like this [ {x: value, y: value}, {x: value, y: value} ]
As a bonus way, if you don't want to provide x values, simply use null at the x values correspoding to array index: [null, y value, y value, null, y value].

Take a look at the demo with the examples on the chart.
DEMO: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/2zkcopg9/

Let me know if that's what you were looking for,
Regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
sgloss

Thanks for the fast response! You figured it out even from my terrible explanation. I really appreciate that. Fixed my problem. Thanks so much.
kamil.m

Your explanation was absolutely fine! I'm glad that you found the solution useful.

Do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions,
Have a good day
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”