manigandan

No option to highlight on select for Boxplot chart

For instance , when we click a Bar in the Bar Chart, that specific bar is highlighted. In other words, the bar on which we click, turns to grey fill with black border.
bar not clicked.png
bar not clicked.png (21.99 KiB) Viewed 690 times
bar clicked.png
bar clicked.png (31.44 KiB) Viewed 690 times
The bar chart, hence, has a clickable option to select the specific bar which is highlighted.
I need to achieve the same in Boxplot chart. If the feature already exists, kindly quote on how to achieve the requested behavior.
boxplot clikable req.png
boxplot clikable req.png (40.26 KiB) Viewed 690 times
In the above image, i can click the the outliers. But the marked area (The box structure) is not clickable.

If such a feature doesn't exist, I'm hereby requesting it. Kindly do the needful
Regards,
Manigandan
mateusz.b

Re: No option to highlight on select for Boxplot chart

Hi manigandan,

Thanks for contacting us with your issue.

Unfortunately states are not implemented for boxplot series. Please take a look at this ticket:
https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/2340

You will find there more information about why this doesn't work along with workaround and an example. If you would like to see it implemented, feel free to reopen the ticket and leave your feedback.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
manigandan

Hi mateusz.b,

Thanks for the response.

We checked the git issue.
We would like to have the 'states', implemented for the boxplot chart.

Assuming that 'reopen the ticket' in response response refers to the git issue, it seems to be open already.

Thanks in Advance !
Regards,
Manigandan
mateusz.b

Hi manigandan,

Sorry, of course you're right, the ticket is already opened. It would be great if you could leave your feedback, even something simple like a description of your problem and a comment that you need that feature implemented. Community feedback is very important for us and because of that we prioritize tickets that are frequently commented and popular.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”