Rohit Khanna

Async Drilldown on Stacked Bar chart, YAxis label click

Hi,

I am following the HighCharts docs and able to create a HighChart with stacked columns for three users[User1,User2,User3].
YAxis shows names of Industries (retail,consumer, etc) and XAxis has spending money .
I want to have drilldown in async way and it works perfectly when I click on stacked Bars of User1, User2, etc. The n-level drilldowns work well by defining the async logic in "drilldown " chart event.

My problem is when a user clicks on YAxis Label i.e. Retail or Consumer etc, the drilldown event triggers 3 times (one per stacked user) (also stated in documentation). I am unable to collate these three async calls and then apply the chart.update or do

Code: Select all

chart.applySeriesAsDrilldown 
I tried using highchart-custom-event, to capture YAxis->Label->Click event and from there, stopping the auto-drilldown using event.stopImmediatePropagation(). But Now I am confused, should I do a "chart.applySeriesAsDrillDown" or something else? As in this case, my data structure looks very similar to my original input to chart ,stacked data.

Can you please help?

Thanks!
mateusz.b

Re: Async Drilldown on Stacked Bar chart, YAxis label click

Hi Rohit Khanna,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us with your issue!

Please provide me with a simplified live demo with the issue. You can start here: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/g96kt8jo/24/

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”