Jish

Deploy a MVC App with unlicensed Highcharts maps

HI Team,

I have been trying to deploy a .Net web app with unlicensed Highcharts map embedded. After deployment users are unable to even login to the app. I disabled maps and then deployed the same app and it worked fine. Can you please advice if this can be resolved or is this a license issue.
mateusz.b

Re: Deploy a MVC App with unlicensed Highcharts maps

Hello Jish,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us with your question!

I don't think that issue is related to Highcharts or Highcharts licensing, because you do not include license information anywhere in your code. Nothing like that is required. Also Highcharts is a front-end charting library and I can't see any way that it could interefere with your login system so that seems highly unlikely for me.

At the same time, I just want to point out that the fact that it is not required to include license information in your code doesn't mean that you do not need license fo such applications.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Jish

Could you please suggest what could be the reason as I am using custom maps to show only British Isles and everything is working fine in my local machine but not after deploying the app. However, when I deployed the same app with Europe map it worked fine but as soon as I changed that only to British Isles and deployed, it stopped working
mateusz.b

Hello Jish,

Frankly speaking that question is slightly going beyond scope of my duty, and and my knowledge is limited on this subject. I would suggest you asking on more suited for this type of question forums, like StackOverflow, as you're going to receive more accurate answers for this specifc problem there (just do not tag Highcharts because most likely the issue is not related). Having said that, I'm still going to do my best answering your question.

If it works fine locally and the problem arises in deployed app then it I would bet that there is something wrong with the received data. Do you fetch map data from DB or use some kind of CDN? If so I would suggest you to hardcode that data if it is possible to see if that is the case.

If that doesn't help then feel free to ask any further questions, but I can't guarantee that I will know the answer.
Best regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Jish

Hi, Can you advice on improving the performance of maps ? The data returned from database is quite fast but maps takes time to load. And i could assure that its not the issues with fetching data from database but it takes time in plotting the maps as I have around 90k points to be plotted.
Could you please help me if there is any way to increase maps performance in client side.
mateusz.b

Hello Jish,

Normally in such cases we recommend using boost module, but boost module is not yet supporting Maps series, so closest things are:
- marker clusters: https://www.highcharts.com/docs/advance ... r-clusters
- or a large heatmap with boost module: https://www.highcharts.com/docs/chart-a ... #resources
- or a drilldown with more data/details: https://www.highcharts.com/demo/maps/map-drilldown

That is all I can recommend for now.

Feel free to ask any further questions.
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”