mateusz.b

Re: Local Export Server Connection Issues

Neeharika_Singh,

We are aware of the problem, but we don't have ETA for the fix at this moment and I don't have any workaround. Please comment in the mentioned issue and follow it for any updates / workarounds. Meanwhile I will check what is the cause of the message that you get on v14.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi Again,

I am facing below issue when trying to generate charts using the highcharts-export-server set up locally.

I have couple of questions regarding this !

1. My export server is hosted on some machine and I am trying to connect to it through other machine. In this case is internet access mandatory ? If yes, why is it so ?
2. When there is no internet access only then I am facing this issue. Otherwise I am able to generate charts. That means, whenever I am able to generate charts through internet am I sending my data to internet ? If it is so. I do not want my data to be exposed to internet. So any other alternative ?
3. Last time when I have raised the same error, I got replies saying to stop installing moment and try installing it externally. I did the same this time as well. But still it is not resolved. Last time it was resolved because there is internet access on that system. I have attached that posts references here.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46550
4. Also I would like to know what this error means exactly. Why is it saying cloudfare.com ..... in the url ? Does this really mean My data is being exposed ?

If you can reply on this ASAP it would be of much great help to me.

Thanks
Attachments
moment-error.PNG
moment-error.PNG (59.5 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

Any update on this please ?
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

I forwarded your question to our export server developer. I'll be back with an answer soon.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

First of all, these questions are not related to Highcharts and frankly speaking go beyond the scope of our duty. I would suggest you asking on forums like https://stackoverflow.com/. We are Highcharts developers and I think that in this case you should seek help from people who are fluent with networking topics. I will try to answer these questions anyway.

1) Depends where your machines are located. If they are within single LAN network, then you don't have to use internet. Otherwise, most likely you have to. Why? Because you need to transport your data between machines somehow.
2) Yes, your data is most likely 'exposed' to the internet, but in most cases it is secured by protocols like HTTPS. As an alternative, depending on your setup, you could for example use LAN network, but I would highly recommend asking about it on stack overflow.
3) It looks like you use some sort of moment's CDN, and without internet it won't work. If you want to use it without internet, then you need to install it locally.
4) No, your data is not being exposed, you actually download data, but those are moment errors, not Highcharts.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi Again,

Thanks for clearing some of my queries.

As you have said that, depends on the machines from where I am connecting to I do not require internet (1). But I got a problem over here .

I have installed export server using the exact same steps from https://github.com/highcharts/node-export-server on a server which does not have internet access. Now when I am trying to generate chart using some options it is giving the following error.

Does this mean I require internet access for sure even when I am trying to use the export server from the same machine ?! If yes why So ?!!

FYR - Attaching the options which I have used to generate the chart for :-

Code: Select all

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"infile":{"title": {"text": "Steep Chart"}, "xAxis": {"categories": ["Jan", "Feb", "Mar"]}, "series": [{"data": [29.9, 71.5, 106.4]}]}}' 127.0.0.1:7801 -o mychart.png
Thanks in Advance.
Attachments
exportWOI.PNG
exportWOI.PNG (119.26 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Internet connection is not required if the Local Export Server is installed on the machine from where you send a request.
When it comes to the error, please run commands mentioned in the error message (node build.js and the second one) and then test the server in accordance with this documentation:
https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... erver-test

Let me know about the results.
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,
By running given command it is starting the installation process again and I have installed it multiples times and still getting the same error on testing.

Thanks
piotr.m

Hi,

Please test the following steps and share the result here:

1. Run the Export server
2. Send the GET to localhost:7801/health.
3. Check if port 7801 is in use.

Kind Regards
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

I have followed the steps mentioned.

The export is ran successfully and the get request to the api mentioned has the following response.
And yes 7801 port is in use by highcharts-server only.

Thanks
Neeharika
Attachments
exp-health.PNG
exp-health.PNG (20.96 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

Can you please check and update on this ?!

Thanks
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Everything seems to be configured correctly. Could you once again start the export server and run this test?
https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... erver-test

Let me know about the results.
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

I have tried the test and again it is the same error.
exportWOI.PNG
exportWOI.PNG (119.26 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Thanks
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Please remove node_modules and run npm install again. Then run export server test again. https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... erver-test

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
mk.developer

I am facing exactly the same issue. I tried removing node_modules and running npm install again but no luck.

Is there any update on this?

Return to “Highcharts Usage”