Neeharika_Singh

Local Export Server Connection Issues

Hi,

I have set up Highcharts export server locally by following same steps mentioned in this https://github.com/highcharts/node-export-server. Sometimes I am able to connect to my server and sometimes it just gets stuck like forever. I am not getting any response even after waiting for almost 4 hours. Any idea why this is happening ?

I am using my local machine's ip address along with 7801 default port to connect to the Export Server.
KacperMadej

Re: Local Export Server Connection Issues

Hi,

You could run the export server in verbose mode (look for the word "verbose " in https://github.com/highcharts/node-export-server) to log all events and check why it hangs. It might be also useful to check the incoming and outgoing requests from the client-end machine making the requests to your export - maybe there is a DNS disconnection due to too many jumps, maybe error codes from the stuck or lost requests will tell us something.

Best regards,
Kacper Madej
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi Again,

I am unable to install highcharts-export-server using npm i highcharts-export-server command. Is there a dependency on node version as this is not being installed. I mean when I had node v10 and v14 it used to install successfully. But after node version is upgraded to 16 it is not being installed.

Quick help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance !
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

I have installed node 16 (v16.13.1 precisely), to see if issue occurs on my side, but everything seems to be working correctly. Package was installed without any issues. Could you try to create an empty directory and install it again? Also you can try to use Node Version Manager (NVM) tool to change node version to 10 or 14 and check if it helps.

If it doesn't please provide me with some more information (thrown errors in console etc.).

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

I have tried again please find the below image of the installation done :-

If you observe nothing is being asked for installation steps like it used to do before . Highcharts version or agreeing to license terms nothing is being asked. Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks
Attachments
exportserver error.PNG
exportserver error.PNG (84.6 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

It seems that package has been installed successfully, everything seems to be fine. Could you try to be a bit more precise what exactly doesn't work?

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi mateusz.b,

As per your suggestion that the package has been installed successfully, I have run the below command

Code: Select all

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{ \"infile\": { \"title\": { \"text\": \"Steep Chart\" }, \"xAxis\": { \"categories\": [ \"Jan\", \"Feb\", \"Mar\" ] }, \"series\": [ { \"data\": [ 29.9, 71.5, 106.4 ] } ] }, \"width\": 1200 }" localhost:7801 -o output-file.png
When I run this my chart has to be generated. Instead, it just keeps on running forever. I have to stop it manually everytime. Please find the below snippet for your reference.

Please please help me with this. It is very critical that I solve this ASAP....!!!! :(

In hope of you providing give me a working solution ..! Thank you in Advance !
Attachments
exporterror.PNG
exporterror.PNG (23.84 KiB) Viewed 2439 times
Neeharika_Singh

Hi Again,

Just for your reference
Attachments
export!.PNG
export!.PNG (13.02 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
Neeharika_Singh

Hi Again,

Please please help me with this ..!
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Thanks for contacting us again.

I passed your question to our export server expert and I will get back to you with an answer asap.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
mateusz.b

Neeharika_Singh,

Please try to run this request and let me know if it works.

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{ \"infile\": { \"title\": { \"text\": \"Steep Chart\" }, \"xAxis\": { \"categories\": [ \"Jan\", \"Feb\", \"Mar\" ] }, \"series\": [ { \"data\": [ 29.9, 71.5, 106.4 ] } ] }, \"width\": 1200 }" https://export.highcharts.com -o output-file.png
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

yes this is giving me output. But not with local export server installed. I want to use the Local Export Server not the official online one.
Neeharika_Singh

Hi Again,

This time I have used my system's ip address to connect :-

>curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{ \"infile\": { \"title\": { \"text\": \"Steep Chart\" }, \"xAxis\": { \"categories\": [ \"Jan\", \"Feb\", \"Mar\" ] }, \"series\": [ { \"data\": [ 29.9, 71.5, 106.4 ] } ] }, \"width\": 1200 }" http://xx.xx.xxx.xxx:7801 -o output-file.png
and some weird logs I got in the export server cmd. I have attached files please have a look at it :-

Thanks
Attachments
export5.PNG
export5.PNG (129.48 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
export3.PNG
export3.PNG (36.09 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
export1.PNG
export1.PNG (157.38 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Here you can find an information in our docs how you should test export server:
https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... erver-test

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"infile":{"title": {"text": "Steep Chart"}, "xAxis": {"categories": ["Jan", "Feb", "Mar"]}, "series": [{"data": [29.9, 71.5, 106.4]}]}}' 127.0.0.1:7801 -o mychart.png
Please check your node version. If it is 16 or newer then most likely this is the cause of your problem:
https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... 1029687300

If that is the case, then try to change your node version to older, for example to node 14 and let me know if it helps. You can do it using Node Version Manager (NVM)

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Hi,

I have verified with node v14 and now I am able to generate the chart. But even then it works sometime and suddenly it is giving error in the images like
Image.

Anyways we want this to be worked with latest version of NODE at least with v16. As we have dependency on Latest versions of NODE. Can't you provide an solution to make it with Latest Version please ?

Thanks
Attachments
export error.PNG
export error.PNG (19.76 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

Return to “Highcharts Usage”