mateusz.b

Re: Local Export Server Connection Issues

Hi mk.developer,

Our export server developers are working on this issue. They will provide an answer asap.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
mateusz.b

Hi,

Please try following steps:
- install highcharts-export-server

- run few times this command:

Code: Select all

node node_modules\highcharts-export-server\build.js
For some reason sometimes it doesn't work for the first time, we're still investigating why.

- after running it multiple times check content of this file: .\node_modules\highcharts-export-server\phantom\export.html
It should contain minified Highcharts scripts. If it doesn't, then most likely there is a problem with downloading these scripts. On our side everything seems to work correctly and we thing that the problem could be caused by firewall settings.

If the file contains minified scripts, please run again an export server test from our docs.

Let me know if it helps.
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

mateusz.b wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:31 pm Neeharika_Singh,

We are aware of the problem, but we don't have ETA for the fix at this moment and I don't have any workaround. Please comment in the mentioned issue and follow it for any updates / workarounds. Meanwhile I will check what is the cause of the message that you get on v14.

Regards!
Hi Again,

We are using Highcharts for longtime now with Proper Valid License. But since this local export server is dependent and works only till node v14 we need to know what is ETA or Roadmap at least in making export server work with Latest Versions of Node. Can you please provide the details accordingly ?

Thanks in Advance ..!
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

The new export server will work with last node LTS (16.14.2) or newer. Currently our export server developers are migrating old export server to the new one, which is already available for tests here: https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... refactored

Feel free to test it, keeping in mind that we're still working on it so some issues are expectable. If you decided to do it, we will appreciate any feedback.

Feel free to ask any further questions.
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

As you suggested we have installed node 16 and highcharts-export-server

When I run the following command my chart has to be generated. Instead, it just keeps on running forever. I have to stop it manually everytime. Please find the below snippet for your reference.

Code: Select all

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{ \"infile\": { \"title\": { \"text\": \"Steep Chart\" }, \"xAxis\": { \"categories\": [ \"Jan\", \"Feb\", \"Mar\" ] }, \"series\": [ { \"data\": [ 29.9, 71.5, 106.4 ] } ] }, \"width\": 1200 }" localhost:7801 -o output-file.png
i'm using following versions,

node- 16.15.0
npm- 8.8.0
highcharts-export-server - 2.1.1

please help us to resolve this issue,

Thanks and Regards,
Neeharika singh
Attachments
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
MicrosoftTeams-image.png (27.12 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Neeharika_Singh

Any update regarding this issue,

Thanks and Regards,
Neeharika singh
mateusz.b

Neeharika Singh,

The question is forwarded to our export server developer and I will be back win an answer asap.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
Neeharika_Singh

Any update regarding this issue,

Thanks and Regards,
Neeharika singh
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Our export server developer is still working on this issue. I will let you know asap once the answer is ready.

Thanks for your patience.
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer
mateusz.b

Hi Neeharika_Singh,

Thanks for your patience.

Most likely the issue is caused by the wrong port. In new export server the default port has been changed to 8080 so please try to use that port and let me know if it helped.

Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”