gonmerciel

Heatmap renders as line

Hi, I've been a couple of days trying to add a Heatmap to the web app I'm developing (using Angular). After importing and applying the heatmap module I don't get any error, but the series that should be a heatmap (I can see with dev tools, the type of the series is indeed "heatmap") is being drawn as a line series.

I have already checked the colsize parameter and it doesn't help, no matter how big I set this option. The line color is constant and of the default color, so no color related to the colorAxis appears in the chart.

I have tried to reproduce the error outside my project but it always work on jsfiddle, or if I miss or misscofigure any parameter I end up with an empty chart, not a line chart as I am getting in my app.

So, my question is if anybody knows how a heatmap series can end up being interpreted as a line series. I'm also importing Boost, Drilldown and Histograms modules, but tried also removing them with the same result, a line being drawn.

Any help would be much appreciated!
mateusz.b

Re: Heatmap renders as line

Hello gonmerciel,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us with your issue!

Please check the following demo showing how to use heatmap in angular: https://stackblitz.com/edit/highcharts- ... ine-yah6kg
Try to compare your code thoroughly and perhaps this way you will find out what is the cause of the issue. Also check your console for any possible errors.

Line series is the default series to show, and if your heatmap is being replaced with that, then my first guess is that your config is missing something. Modules that you mentioned shouldn't affect heatmap series in any possible way.

I know you've said that you were unable to reproduce that issue in a form of a live demo, but frankly speaking if my hints aren't enough to solve your problem, then I will need you to reproduce that issue somehow.

Let me know if you were able to figure it out.
Best regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”