danielEGT

Highcharts exporting chart on new server, throws security warning message

Good afternoon,

I have migrated our web applications to a new server, and have brought over the highcharts files. CentOS 7 server, running ColdFusion 2018, and Plesk Obsidian 18 as the web control panel. When I attempt to export a chart, I'm taken to a warning message: "The information you're about to submit is not secure". Our web applications have the up to date ssl certificate installed on each site. On the old server, I was not getting this warning message when exporting the charts. Any ideas what could be causing this and suggestions to fix?

Thanks,

Daniel
dominik.c

Re: Highcharts exporting chart on new server, throws security warning message

Hello danielEGT!

Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us with your question!

Unfortunately, nothing comes to my mind. What is the difference between your new and your old servers? How do they look like? It's hard to tell you what could be done here without more information.

Best regards!
Dominik Chudy
Highcharts Developer
danielEGT

Hi dominik.c,

Thank you for responding. Our old server was an older windows server 2008 R2. Our new server is a Linux Cent OS 7 server. One change that occurred due to the migration was including the HC4 folder, that has all the highcharts contents, was placed in the root of all my web applications, and calling the scripts from that folder. On the windows server, my HC4 folder was a virtual directory added to each web application in IIS via virtual mapping. Also, the previous programmer had purchased and setup highcharts the Windows server, and I'm not sure if he did some other configuration to get the downloaded charts to just download without a "un-secure" warning message. This only happens when you attempt to download any image, print works just fine. It appears to flag my connection going from my server to "exports.highcharts.com" as not secure, prompting the warning. Is there a way I can setup a local export server on my new server?

Thanks,

Daniel
piotr.m

Hi Daniel,

Yes, in the case of such configurations, it is best to install the export server locally and refer to it directly:
https://www.highcharts.com/docs/export- ... the-server

Best Regards
danielEGT

Hi there,

I have followed the instructions on installing node.js. When I attempt to run the export server installation: npm install highcharts-export-server -g, I get an error, please see attached. Any ideas on what I need to do to get the installation to work?

Thanks,

-Daniel
_Highcharts_export_server_error.png
_Highcharts_export_server_error.png (191.15 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
danielEGT

I figured out the issue above, Thanks,

-Daniel
danielEGT

I am trying to export chart image via my local server, however, I'm getting a 404 error when using:
exporting: { url: 'server IP address'}.

Thanks,

-Daniel
piotr.m

Hi,

Did you make sure you entered the correct URL?

Regards
danielEGT

Hi There,

I'm not sure what to place in the URL portion, would it be the actual url to my web application?

Thanks,

Daniel

Return to “Highcharts Usage”