svdixit

Performance issue while using synchronized charts on mobile device

Hey there,

so this demo shows how to sync all charts on the page:
https://jsfiddle.net/wchmiel/fnLx2qat/2

I am using same approach to synchronize all stock charts(at max 20 charts), in my cross platform application.

Performance is fine when I use it on PC or laptop, but when I move to mobile device it lagging a lot. When I zoom a chart it takes over 10-12 seconds to zoom all charts, same happens when I reset zoom. This performance is recorded on mobile with 2GB RAM and Android 8.1.0.

I my case I have different points on x-axis. Based on points I recorded performance as follows:

For 1500 points:
When I zoom graph it takes 10-12 seconds to zoom all graphs

For 60 points:
When I zoom graph it takes 8-10 seconds to zoom all graphs

I also used HighchartBoost module to increase performance, But it did not helped me.

How can I improve performance for mobile?

Thanks in advance.
sebastian.h

Re: Performance issue while using synchronized charts on mobile device

Hi,
Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us with your question!

How do you testing these charts? What browser at mobile are you use, do try others?
I'm also interested in how your project is built, it is a web application and you are trying to load on a mobile device, or you are building a mobile application using ionic or similar tools.

Generally, there isn't an extra trick for performance at mobile, charts are creating at JavaScript and they should work without any major problems

Topic about a similar problem at chrome browser:
viewtopic.php?t=43029#p151706

I'm waiting for news.
Best regards.
Sebastian Hajdus
Highcharts Developer
svdixit

Hello sebastian.h,
Thanks for your response.

My application is build using angular 10. I am using Apache Cordova(mobile application development framework) to convert web application to android app.

Cordova is similar to IONIC.

I am using synchronized charts(at most 20 charts). When I zoom in or zoom out single chart it will be applicable for all the charts.

When I open high-charts in my android application in mobile having 3GB RAM it takes few seconds to load, that is okay, But when I perform any action like zoom in or zoom out it takes nearly 10-12 seconds to complete action(to zoom in or zoom out all the charts).

Is there any way to improve performance while I am using synchronized charts in android application?
sebastian.h

Hi,
Thanks for the details.

Maybe the way of synchronization isn't the most optimal. Have you tried using other ways to synchronizing charts?

Here is a topic with some examples of synchronizing and demo using React reference:
viewtopic.php?t=42403#p149104
https://codesandbox.io/s/oo0q4832jy?file=/demo.jsx

Let me know how are you going with this.
Best regards.
Sebastian Hajdus
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”