phil91

Javascript newbie issue with word cloud

Hello experts,

Am not very brilliant with javascript which is why I ask you to forgive my relative ignorance here.
I am trying to use the word cloud sample to adapt it to one of my .NET projects.
I'd simply like to use the word cloud (which displays well by default) as a fullscreen chart since I am displaying members first names and I do have LOTS of members first names to display. To make it simpler, I filtered out the list to set a threshold but whatever I do, the display does not exceed 500 px maybe.

Suprisingly I cannot add he code I used here (Cloudflare blockage) so I attach it ato this msg: (I shortened the text list as it's way larger, which is why I used a very large TurboThreshold...

I have played with the min-width, max-width, I have set a large container siize but nothing seems to allow me to make my chart fill the screen...

I'd be very happy if somebody could point me to the right parameter,

Thanks in advance and bets regards from Paris

Philippe
Attachments
highcharts.zip
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
pawelys

Re: Javascript newbie issue with word cloud

Hi! Thanks for contacting us with your issue! The best way of sharing code with us is with jsfiddle demo, like in this example: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/pqwr2cz9/

I used your configuration, but everything seems to be working in order. could you investigate, if the issue is still present, and if so, try to describe your problem better. Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer
phil91

Hi,
Thx for the reply. As I said in my original post is that the script is working perfectly well.
My issue is that I cannot set it to use the full width and height of my screen.
Ideally I"d like it to cover the full width/heigh (almost).
I could somewhat manage a decent height using the chart height parameter as indicated in the following fiddle demo :

https://jsfiddle.net/fh08nacp/

However, whatever value I pass to its width does not seem to make any difference, be it on a 4:3" or a 16:9" monitor.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong there?

Thx

Philippe
pawelys

Hi! Well, In fact the chart's height is limited by you, whereas the width (if not set manually) is spanned across 100% of available horizontal space. What can overwrite this setting is css, chart.width option. You can just leave the dafault option, if you want to ensure the 100% width. Let me know, if that works for you! Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer
phil91

Gotcha!
Got rid of the css max-width stuff and it's now ok.
Thx much and have a great weekend!

Philippe
pawelys

Good to hear! In case of any further questions feel free to contact us again! Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”