essah

How to build a crypto currency chart

How can i build a cryptocurrency chart using highcharts

Im interessted in using prices from binance or other exchanges and than turn theminto a price chart.

Why arent there any tutorials on this site on how to do this?
Crypto is 9 years old, so why i sthere no documentation?
rafalS

Re: How to build a crypto currency chart

Hi essah,

Do you want to show Bid’s and Ask’s of speciffic cryptocurrency? If not, what data exactly do you want to present? If only "price in time", you are looking for a normal Highstock line chart.

Best regards
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
new2Hicharts

Because less than 1% of the global population is currently aware of cryptocurrencies and their technological disruption to every single industry similar to the invention of the Internet itself: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=an ... &FORM=VIRE

However I fully expect the network effect and rate of adoption and price discovery of cryptocurrencies to go near vertical when the Bitcoin ETF is approved on Aug 10: https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurrenci ... 1807101111

Or when NASDAQ eventually launches their cryptocurrency exchange: https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurrenci ... 1805141341

It is still very early my friend :)
Message me on the free 'telegram' messaging app if your interested in my free trading group with target of 80k BTC by dec. My username is bitmeets
Last edited by new2Hicharts on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rafalS

essah,

It is possible to build chart you expect using normal Highstock chart, but you need your own data source.

Thank you for suggestion of creating cryptocurrency chart type! We will discuss and think about it for sure.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
BlindTrader

This thread is several years old. Basically I'm looking to do the same thing. After looking at the demos, it seems as viewing the demo for the AAPL stock example I just get a bunch of graphics with numbers and no context as to what they mean. It would be nice to have the sonification feature work on these charts so as to audibly spot trends/chart patterns such as rising and falling wedges, ascending and descending triangles, bearish and bullish divergences, money flow, momentum waves, etc. Surely this can be done. I'd want to incorporate these aspects into a chart, say pulling data from either Bitstamp or Bybit and associate different tones for each component to audibly spot trends. Many of the interactive examples work on the site, but when it comes to the stocks example, there is nothing to interact with. All I see are a bunch of graphics. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, there doesn't seem to be any tutorials specifically detailing how to setup a chart like this for stocks or crypto alike. In addition I'd need to use keyboard navigation to spot price targets as well. Are all of these things able to be accomplished using Highcharts? I also don't see how to setup which exchanges/sources I can pull from to get a chart feed. The downloadable stocks package still shows me a bunch of graphics and only for the Apple stock and no apparent way to select a different timeframe, such as the 15 minute or the 4 hourly. In addition, there must be a way to view the chart audibly with data but also see the candle sticks as well, such as open and close prices, wicks, etc. This surely isn't specific to crypto, but any stock for that matter.
mateusz.b

Hi BlindTrader,

I find your question more A11Y related than Highcharts Stock itself. Detailed answer for your question you can find here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47580&p=171456#p171456

For other users I just want to clarify - Highcharts is a front-end JavaScript charting library. It should be used to build charts based on your provided data. Demo section purpose is to show Highcharts capabilities and give general idea of what can be achieved with this library.

Best regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Usage”