DoctorWatson

Center thumbnails

Hi.

I just discovered Highslide and it's easy to use editor. I want to use Highslide to put just 3 to 5 thumbnails horizontally and centered on my web page. However, the editor always creates code that aligns them to the left. I tried already with Thumbstrip > Position > 'middle center' but that seems not to do the trick. Which setting should I use ?

Greetings
MisterNeutron

Re: Center thumbnails

The editor isn't really set up to allow customization of the thumbnail layout - it's intended more to help you tackle the Highslide JS options themselves.

I would suggest doing your own thumbnail layout - it's just basic HTML and CSS. There are three ways (at least) to do a simple thumbnail layout. Take a look at this demo page I put together to illustrate the different HTML and CSS for each: http://misterneutron.com/thumbsDemo/. I'm partial to the "inline-block" method, since it centers the last row automatically.

Look at the source code of the page to see how each is done. The CSS for each is shown in the <head> section - in the real world, you'd want to stash your chosen option in a stylesheet, instead. And the thumbnails don't have the Highslide JS links on them (class="highslide" onclick="expand....), but the page should provide a framework you can use.
DoctorWatson

OK. Well, I had looked at the code and I knew I could achieve it using a good old and simple <Table> but I thought the editor had some build in feature to do the work for me (yes, lazy sod, am I :mrgreen: ).
And as more than six years have passed since I made web pages, perhaps the editor would come up with some fancy PHP, HTML or JS - whatever is 'in vogue' nowadays.
Thanks anyway.
MisterNeutron

DoctorWatson wrote:And as more than six years have passed since I made web pages, perhaps the editor would come up with some fancy PHP, HTML or JS - whatever is 'in vogue' nowadays.
Highside JS itself hasn't been updated in over four years. It's virtually "abandonware" at this stage of the game. Even the example pages are still using XHTML, a relic. There's really no support at all coming from the developer - it appears that I'm the only one answering any questions in here, and I'm just a user, and one who actually doesn't know much Javascript, to boot.

Don't succumb to the temptation to use HTML tables for layout (I hope my example page will show you a couple of better ways to tackle it). HTML tables are definitely not "in vogue" nowadays, unless you're actually producing a table, something that looks like an Excel spreadsheet. ;)

Return to “Highslide Editor”