gandac

Mini gallery - Disabling the Mouse Over controls

I have a mini gallery. 1st thumb only displayed. Slide show autostarts on page open. Pop ups are the same size as the thumb and in the same position thereby hiding it.

1. When hovering the mouse over the playing slide show it displays 'Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.' It is then possible to drag away the pop up and so reveal the single thumbnail underneath. The arrow keys don't seem to be effective. I don't want the user to be able to take any action on this slide show.

2. When the slide show starts up there is a very slight jump of the display. ie the pop up is not quite in the same position as the thumb. I would prefer there to be no jump.

How can these problems be fixed? Preferably in Editor but in the code if essential.

Thank you
seba

Re: Mini gallery - Disabling the Mouse Over controls

1. You can disable it by http://highslide.com/ref/hs.enableKeyListener
2. Could you supply link to your highslide configuration ?
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
gandac

1.a
Thank you for your link. My highslide-config.js file already had the command hs.enableKeyListener = false;

However, I found this link .http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1587 ... -highslide.
I followed the instructions and it is now no longer possible to drag away the slide show pop-up!!
(As regards the two wrappers draggable-wrapper and .titlebar I completely disabled all the code. )

1.b
My remaining problem is this: when the mouse moves over the single thumbnail or a slide show pop-up a little magnifying glass shows with the text “Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.” The arrow keys don’t work and that is good. And the dragging no longer works - good also. But the user is able to stop and start the slide show by clicking. The slide show should just run with no user actions at all. Help!

I was able to stop the little jump as the slide show auto-started on page open by removing the grey border around the thumbnail . I did this by changing some code in highslide.css.

To: .highslide img {Border: none}

I would have preferred to do this in Editor (the fewer code changes the better!) but was not able to see how. Can it be done in Editor?
NB my earlier post http://forum.highcharts.com/highslide-e ... gs-t28600/

Sorry to ask this question but how do I let you see my highslide.css file? I wanted to add the file to the forum post but Upload Attachment gave this error: The extension css is not allowed.

Many thanks for your help and please let me know if you need more info.
seba

Honestly, please prapre html/css/js file, zip and upload here, for example. Then we can cahnce to check this.
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
gandac

Zip file attached as requested.
Attachments
highslide.config.zip
(34.32 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
gandac

Anyone got any help for me?
seba

Sorry for my late reply, could you upload your attachemend, again, becasue I cannot download it?
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
gandac

Zip file uploaded as requested
Attachments
highslideconfig.zip
(34.32 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
seba

Thanks, I run your exampel and upate images etc. Anyway when slider is run (in popup) you can break running this slideshow by click on popup, then popup will be destroyed. So what should happend after click on popup, in your scenario?
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
gandac

"So what should happend after click on popup, in your scenario?" The click on popup (or thumb) should be disabled.

I don't want the user to be able to take any action at all on this slide show.

When the mouse moves over the single thumbnail or a slide show pop-up a little magnifying glass shows with the text “Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.” The user should not see this and nothing should happen on click.

Thank you very much.
seba

Unfortunately you need to edit highslide code and comment some lines, but I did it in my attachement. See it.
Attachments
highslide-welcome.zip
(100.89 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
gandac

Thank you for your help. I have copied your files and tested.

The text and magnifying glass have disappeared - good. However, it is still possible to stop and start the slide show on mouse click. Nothing should happen on click.

Didn't know this was going to be so difficult!

Thanks again
seba

Which browser do you use, because in my Chrome click event doenst triggery any action.
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer
gandac

I have done a test on 6 browsers and on all of them click stops and starts the slide show. Sorry.
Here are the browsers I have tested:
IE 8.0.6001 (the one I use the most)
Safari 5.0.3
Firefox 3.6.13
Opera 11.0
Chrome 33.0.1750.146 m
Maxthon 4.3.2.200

Running Wuindows XP Professional 5.1

Thank yoi
seba

Well its strange, because when I open in IE8 and Chrome (the same versions) click event is not triggered, when you click then popup disappears or only slide is hold?
Sebastian Bochan
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highslide Editor”