torstein.honsi
Site Admin

The Editor is launched

The Highslide Editor is a visual tool that lets you configure most of the numerous Highslide options without writing code, and upload the results directly to your web server. This is not only a great help for non-developers, it also saves time for professionals who don't have to read through the API documentation to get things done. The Editor is a pure web application based on Ext JS.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
espaan

Re: The Editor is launched

Hi, great.
one comment. When you launch the editor you get a message "Highslide JS is an open source image, media and gallery viewer written in JavaScript ..."
The statement suggests that it is open source, however the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license does not mix with GPL for example. So how to interpret the open source statement then?

reagards,
Erik
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

The source code for Highslide is freely available an not obfuscated.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
marina

Hi,

Been using the editor for a while now, and except for the fact that there is always 'one image missing' (see my other post dd today), everything is working fine and it is a great tool to work with - I know this has been said many times but it involves a lot of hard work so it can't be said enough : thank you for creating this tool for al of us.
May I suggest two things : 1) a delete or reset button so one can delete all the uploaded images at once (instead of having to click them one by one) and 2) the images are being uploaded in a random order; I would love to be able to upload them in alphabetical order.

Marina
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Thanks Marina!

The missing first image was introduced last week when I added the option to hide all images in a gallery, and open the gallery from a link instead. The bug has been fixed now.

As for a common delete button (or perhaps a Select All button) and the possibility to sort the thumbnails, it has been requested several times. I will add this feature a soon as I can.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
jsdummyfornow

[quote="admin"]Thanks Marina!

The missing first image was introduced last week when I added the option to hide all images in a gallery, and open the gallery from a link instead. The bug has been fixed now.

As for a common delete button (or perhaps a Select All button) and the possibility to sort the thumbnails, it has been requested several times. I will add this feature a soon as I can.[/quote]

That'll be great, 'cause deleting 106 images one at a time is a hassle and being able to ensure they list in order would be great too...
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

It's fast from where I sit, but then I have a fiber almost directly to the server. It's probably a network issue.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
jc0822

Hello.. I haven't used highslide since early last Summer. I am so excited to see that you made the Editor! I am doing more web work for my company so I will be using highslide quite a bit. The editor will make life so much easier for me. Thank you so much!!
RoadRash

Hi,

I canÔÇÖt see any slowness in the Editor, but it seems impossible to upload files larger than 2-3 MB. IÔÇÖve notified Admin about the issue. This will probably be fixed tomorrow morning (Norwegian time).

Return to “News”