DCS

Re: New RC with integrated thumbstrip

Thanks RoadRash but I'm actually referring to the thumbstrip at the bottom of the page (see example at http://www.silvermountainphotography.co ... lowers.php) - when viewed in IE 7 the thumbstrip at the bottom of the page displays at the left, whereas in Firefox it is centered
RoadRash

The barebone example centers the thumbstrip - http://www.highslide.com/examples/galle ... strip.html

Your page gives a javascript error in IE caused by adding the blockRightClick above the call for the highslide js file, but this isnÔÇÖt causing the missing centering.

The missing centering is caused by the setting for width for .highslide-thumbstrip-horizontal div. You have 100% - it should be auto. You probably didnÔÇÖt upgrade your css file when upgrading Highslide.

.highslide-thumbstrip-horizontal div {
width: auto;
}
DCS

Yes - you're right (as always!). Changed that attribute on the highslide css and now it centers nicely in IE as well.

I was aware of the error code being returned by the hs.blockRightClick = true; tag -- I'm still trying to resolve that one. I had posted in another thread regarding this and have since updated my js file after checking the suggested options on the configurator but its still not picking up. Any ideas on this problem?

Once again - thanks for all your help - it really is appreciated!

Donna
RoadRash

blockRightClick:
You have added the blockRightClick function before the call for the highslide js file ÔÇô thatÔÇÖs the reason for the javascript error:

<script type="text/javascript">
hs.blockRightClick = true;
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/highslide/highslide-with-gallery.js"></script>

Try adding it with the other highslide stuff instead:
<script type="text/javascript">
hs.graphicsDir = '../highslide/graphics/';
hs.blockRightClick = true;
DCS

Yes! That solved the problem! I should have realized but never even thought about the placement of the code going after the call for the js file.

Now I can get some sleep :)

Thanks again RoadRash!!!
karelrosseel

is there a possiblity to give a z-index to the thumbstrip
with this code ?

.highslide-thumbstrip-horizontal {
width: 500px;
height: 40px;
z-index:1;
}

=> I would like that the thumbstrip comes over an image-button into the header

Thanks
karel
RoadRash

You canÔÇÖt do it with CSS. See this post for how to fix it: http://highslide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25183#p25183

Return to “News”