torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Highslide now supports easing

Take full control over the way the slides open and close! Robert Penner's Easing Equations can now be called directly from Highslide. See hs.easing for demonstrations.
EarlyOut

I must be missing something, but I can't detect any difference at all in those examples, either in FF or IE7.

Correction - I actually can detect some differences, but it's very, very subtle!
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

If you are on an old system the easing may be lost. The easeInBack and easeOutBack are the most visible examples.
EarlyOut

Yes, I'm on a 5-year-old PC that doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, so that may be the problem. Some of the easing examples just look slightly more uneven and jerky than the others, with a little "bounce" at the beginning or end, but that's about it.

Edit - Fiddling with hardware acceleration settings helps make the effects more visible. Time to get a new PC, but I'm dreading getting lumbered with Vista. :(
Last edited by EarlyOut on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
alan927

admin wrote:If you are on an old system the easing may be lost. The easeInBack and easeOutBack are the most visible examples.
easeInBack and easeOutBack are awesome! Definitely unique.
EarlyOut

One nasty little side-effect to using easeInBack: if the expanded image is wide enough to take up the entire browser window, the slight expansion just before the image closes causes scrollbars to appear, both in IE7 and in FF.

It can be avoided by setting easingClose to one of the other easing methods, like easeInQuad.
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Code: Select all

Yes, I'm on a 5-year-old PC
That's why nobody made a thumbnail expansion script five years ago...
bobsc

Could you add "ActionScript 1.0 Equations" to the Configurator?
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Right now the Configurator only covers customisation of the highslide.js itself, and the Easing Equations do not require any modication. But it would be nice to have the opportunity to experiment with it visually, so I will think about how easily it can be done.
bobsc

It would be nice to add the Easing Equations to the Configurator because then you would have 1 less JS file and you could also pack it.

Mootools does it.
ericob

XP is *still* available!

EarlyOut wrote: <snip> Time to get a new PC, but I'm dreading getting lumbered with Vista. :(
XP is still for sale... you don't have to use Vista. :) And if you really really prefer XP, it could be worth the money to buy XP Professional: the end of life horizon is much farther out than for XP Home.
velocity

Very nice, great addition.

Could a rute from exanding to open be done in not-straight way?

Lets say the image does a circle in his expanding process.

I imagine it isnt so simple as it sounds(even if u have Robert Penner's Easing Equations )

And i said b4, very nice!
free will
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Thanks velocity,

I believe this can be done if you hack the code for the expanding. Like it is now, if you set the easing, the top, left, width and height all follow the same setting. If you separate them I think you could make the image expand in funny ways. The place to hack this is the for loop in the changeSize function.
vaikava

This is awesome  but on images only. I can't see any effect on iframe-popups. Is this supported?
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

I can't see any effect on iframe-popups. Is this supported?
Yes, I just tested it with example-iframe.html and it works well.

Return to “News”