Mahesh Mohan

Is It Possible to Scale the height for a single category (in Y axis) dynamically

For my project, certain data's for a same category lies in same x axis, so 2 or more data's in same place overlaps, it's seem as if one data.
To solve this I made the data display in the next line. Since we have given static scale to y axis, data moves out of the particular category as shown in the attachment. Is there any possible way to scale the height of that particular category, so the other categories height does not affect.
highchartDoubt.PNG
highchartDoubt.PNG (1.71 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
dawid.d

Re: Is It Possible to Scale the height for a single category (in Y axis) dynamically

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us with your question!

Could you send the code in which you want to achieve this in the form of a demo, e.g. in jsfiddle? It would be much easier for me to help you then, as it's hard to reproduce the current state of your project from this image snippet.

I'm waiting for your reply
Best regards!
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer
Mahesh Mohan

Re: Is It Possible to Scale the height for a single category (in Y axis) dynamically

Hi dawid.d

Below you can see an sample fiddle

https://jsfiddle.net/MaheshMohan/mhLetkfa/19/

Here I have dynamically adjusted the chart.series.point in load(), using the condition check conflictSlot === true, so that I can see the data in the same position in the next row.
But if one more data comes in that position, it cannot be viewed.

So there is an option to increase the height of Resource 1 alone programattically or dynamically, if conflictSlot is true.
dawid.d

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the height of a single row using the API. Consider whether it would not be better to use categories (child-parent data relations) as in the demo below instead of stacking multiple points in a row.

Demo: https://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/library/pur ... management

I hope you will find it useful
Best regards!
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer
Mahesh Mohan

Hi dawid

Thank you for the reply and alternative that u gave.
dawid.d

You're welcome!

In case of any further questions, feel free to contact us again.
Best regards!
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Gantt”