aakashuniyal

Lazy Loading on Gantt Chart

For a Gantt Chart that can have any levels of parents within a series or any number of series, is there a way i can lazy load any way the data for the Gantt chart ?

Ideal scenario needed to be implemented is to fetch the child tasks within a series every time the Parent is expanded. Is this possible ? I didn't see any API or example based on this.

Or if there is another strategy which is already tested and widely used to lazy load data into a Gantt chart, any suggestions or samples would be welcome.

Example : After expanding Develop , dynamically inject Create Unit tests and Implement into the series ? (Same for every parent there would be in the chart)
Gantt.PNG
Gantt.PNG (30.13 KiB) Viewed 845 times
mateusz.b

Re: Lazy Loading on Gantt Chart

Hello aakashuniyal,

Thanks for contacting us with your question.

Unforunately we don't have anything like that implemented yet. I found a related github ticket that you might find helpful in this case: https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/14232
You can find there a plugin allowing you to catch expand / collapse events. You can try to use it to implement loading additional data. Also I highly encourage you to leave your feedback there if you want to see that feature implemented.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Regards!
Mateusz Bernacik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Gantt”