puffster

geoJSON map suddenly stopped working

I've been working on a chart using a geoJSON map that suddenly quit working today. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. I've created the jsFiddle below and it appears to be doing the same thing there. I'm wondering if something has changed with the source map? I'm just starting out with maps so I don't know if I'm overlooking something simple or inadvertently changed something, but any help in figuring it out would be greatly appreciated!!

https://jsfiddle.net/wL5dm9qk/
dominik.c

Re: geoJSON map suddenly stopped working

Hello puffster!

We appreciate you reaching out to us and sorry for the late response!

I've checked your demo and it seems that your data from geoJSON is in the wrong format. The geometry property is null, so the chart can't load data that has some nulls inside of its structure. Maybe the data was changed while you were working. I advise you to check this data and then tell me what did you find out. ;-)

Best regards!
Dominik Chudy
Highcharts Developer
puffster

Thank you for the reply -- you were correct, I downloaded the geoJSON file and opened it, and there were clearly two records that were null. I removed them, saved the file, inserted it into my project and called it instead of the API, and everything started working again. I also went back to the web source and indeed it shows that the API was updated 4 days ago, so I'm going to send them a message and let them know...

So glad to know I'm not going crazy though!! :)

Thanks again and have a GREAT 2021!!
dominik.c

I'm happy I could help you! Happy new year! :)

In case of any further questions, feel free to contact us again.
Dominik Chudy
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Maps”