pablonolla

Re: Patterns instead of (or on top of) colours in bars and pie slices?

Hi!

Is it possible to fill the bars, columns or pie slices of those charts with vector patterns instead of colors? Or even better, together with color?

I would need to generate charts that work well on a monochrome environment, and patterns are much interesting than colours for that.

Please find attached a picture with the type of result i'm looking for.

Thank you!

p
Attachments
tramasindesign10.jpg
tramasindesign10.jpg (65.44 KiB) Viewed 5558 times
rafalS

Re: Patterns instead (or on top) of colours in bars and pie slices?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us again.

In Highcharts, we have a pattern-fill.js module for that, but, unfortunately, it's not implemented in Cloud. For now, it's imposible to color your points like that.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
pablonolla

Thanks for the replay, Rafal.
I understand.
Wouldn't it be possible to use that pattern-fill.js script added as "custom code" to the chart on Cloud?

If not, i wonder if i should not use Highcharts instead of Cloud... I've seen that there is an Editor which helps to adjust the chart quite similarly to the Cloud.

I know it's totally out of the scope of this forum, but still: What is the difference between using Highcharts and the Cloud?
Can i use Highchart not being a expert developer?
rafalS

Hi,
Wouldn't it be possible to use that pattern-fill.js script added as "custom code" to the chart on Cloud?
During the last few years, we were trying to support users by adding modules via "Custom Code", but it was causing even more and more problems, so now we don't recommend it and don't support anymore. Maybe it is possible, but it's highly not recommended.
If not, i wonder if i should not use Highcharts instead of Cloud... I've seen that there is an Editor which helps to adjust the chart quite similarly to the Cloud.
We have (among the others) 3 products: Highcharts, Cloud and Editor.

You are probably talking about the Editor (http://editor.highcharts.com) - it's a deprecated product and we don't support it anymore. Cloud is a new version of the Editor.
I know it's totally out of the scope of this forum, but still: What is the difference between using Highcharts and the Cloud?
In general, Cloud uses the Highcharts' core code, but the Cloud is limited, because doesn't contain all modules (like pattern-fill). Also, the Cloud lets you easily create a chart without writing any code, but, because of that, is very limited when comparing to Highcharts - which is our main product, is 100% customizable and works with all modules.

Can i use Highchart not being a expert developer?
It's hard to answer this question. Highcharts is not a difficult library, has good documentation and API and great support community which always help you solve any problem. When writing Highcharts you basically write JavaScript code. I don't know if you know JavaScript, but if not, in my opinion you should try Highcharts anyway.

If you want to build normal chart (similar to ones you can build with Cloud, but more advanced or customized) then you should use Highcharts and it should be still very simple (at least as long as you don't have complex and very big requirements).

Remember that I'll be here in case you need any help and you can try out Highcharts before you buy a license.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”