pablonolla

Reset Custom setting to Default

Hi there!

I'm new to Highcharts Cloud, so just starting to explore the options and trying to set a reasonable workflow for my actual project.

And a first question arise after testing a bit the different Advance configuration settings,
Is there a way to "return to default" the twicked values?

Thanks !

p
rafalS

Re: Reset Custom setting to Default

Hi!

Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us.

What do you mean by saying "return to default" and what are "twicked values"? Could you describe me a specific example of what you want to reset?
I believe that the answer to your question is simple, but I need to fully understand it first.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
pablonolla

Hi !

I'll try to explain the question:

i have a bar chart which, by default, displays labels at the top of each bar (those labels being the values of a particular column of data).
When i've tried to edit the appearance or content of those labels using the field in "Customize / Advance / Plot options / Series / Data Labels / Format", I can do it,
but if after writing something in that field i try to "undo"... revert to the default (show again the original values), i can't. Once something has been written in that field, i don't find the way to return that field it's default value.

Thas it make more sense?

thank you!

p
rafalS

Hi,

Thank you for so clear explanation!

Those are dataLabels and their default point's y value can be found in point.y.
Just paste this into that input label: {point.y}

Let me know if it worked or you have any further questions.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
pablonolla

It works on that particular case... thank you! !
Nevertheless, don't you think it would be great to have a reset bottom for all those fields?
ALternatively, Is there a section in the documentation where it explains which are those original values ?
rafalS

Hi,

I totally agree with you. Usually, we send link to the main API: https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/p ... dataLabels
Default dataLabels.format value (ale all other dataLabels options) you can find here: https://api.highcharts.com/class-refere ... ect#format
But I think, in case of Cloud, it should be much easier to find it.

For now, we have an issue with access to some dataLabels options, but when we fix it, I will report it too.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”