zioube

HTML export vs. inject code

Hello guys,

I'v just started using the free plan of Highcharts Cloud.
When I finished making my chart, I have a doubt about how to embed it.

1. I could inject the code;
2. I could copy the HTML code under the export tab and place it directly in my website editor.

Do you know which are the main differences of the two ways of embedding the chart?
bastss
Site Admin

Re: HTML export vs. inject code

Hello zioube!

Welcome to Highcharts forum.
The main difference is with saving and loading the chart. In case of copy HTML code - chart is literally this code, so will be saved at the same server as the website. In inject case chart is saved at Highcharts Cloud servers, so any edition of chart in Cloud will be updated at your website, but it is possible only for signed in users.

Kind regards!
Sebastian Wędzel,
Highcharts Developer
AlexAlexAlexAlex

Hi,

i have a question related to this question. I have searched everywhere but i could not find the option to export the chart as html/js to use it on my page. I need to use the highchart cloud chart generator to generate to look for some charts but i cant export it and i dont want to use it as a embed chart and i have to use the js code for several charts in my page.

How i can i export it as a standard Highcharts chart code? like this:

Highcharts.chart("container", {
exporting: { enabled: false },
chart: {

Thanks
bastss
Site Admin

Hello Alex,

To get used options in the created chart in Cloud - click Export Data button and next copy the HTML version of your chart. Next past it in your editor where you can easily cut JavaScripts options.

Kind regards!
Sebastian Wędzel,
Highcharts Developer
AlexAlexAlexAlex

Hi Bastss,

i have found that i can copy the options from the "Preview Options" tab. Meanwhile i have also discovered the Editor (as you already know from my other post in the forum) but i still have a question. It seams that there is a difference between the Cloud Editor and the Editor, the Cloud Editor has a search input at the "Advanced" tab which is really useful. Does the Editor has a search input? i have searched a bit but i couldn't find it. Is there any way to search in the Editor? it would be great if i can totally replace the Cloud Editor with the Editor.

Thank you.
bastss
Site Admin

Hey Alex,
i have found that i can copy the options from the "Preview Options" tab. Meanwhile i have also discovered the Editor (as you already know from my other post in the forum) but i still have a question. It seams that there is a difference between the Cloud Editor and the Editor, the Cloud Editor has a search input at the "Advanced" tab which is really useful. Does the Editor has a search input? i have searched a bit but i couldn't find it. Is there any way to search in the Editor? it would be great if i can totally replace the Cloud Editor with the Editor.
Actually, Highcharts Cloud is a better and fully supported version of a Highcharts Editor which is still used by some users. There is nothing to prevent, to use Highcharts Cloud for the same purpose as you tried with Highcharts Editor - you can create your chart in Highcharts Cloud, copy and paste JS functions into Highcharts JS.

Kind regards!
Sebastian Wędzel,
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”