ceeol

Marker Trouble

Hi,

I have a problem with the user interface in setting the marker settings for the series in the user interface.
While I have read up on the documentation, so that I understand that the marker option should be a JSON object, I don't understand how to insert that JSON object in the input field given (with advanced).

A valid marker shows as "[Object object]" (advanced view), while mine, which is now invalid, creates all kinds of problems in the Javascript.

I am actually looking for a way out of this, similar to editing in the preview of the settings, where I would have been able to fix it...

Regards,
Ole
rafalS

Re: Marker Trouble

Hi, Ole!

In Highcharts Cloud you can set marker's options in two ways:

1) Go to: Customize chart -> ADVANCED tab -> Plot Options -> Series -> Marker. You can set options there.

2) Also, you can go to: Customize chart -> CUSTOM CODE tab and set options in a "JSON" (object) format as you said:

Code: Select all

// Sample of extending options:
Highcharts.merge(true, options, {
    plotOptions: {
        series: {
            marker: {
             	radius: 12,
              	fillColor: 'red'
            }
        }
    }
});
Hope I helped. Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
ceeol

Well the advanced tab gives you a simple string input field (is that actually a bug?). How do I insert the correct JSON into that?
I would prefer to use the interface rather than instructing my less advanced users to use Javascript to create the chart.

Ole
ceeol

Mind you, I am looking at "Marker" under Series, not plot options. The reason is that I have two series, each showing at a different y-axis, and assumed I needed to set the marker options there.
Now I am in a Catch22 situation because the marker options for one of the series are invalid.

Check out the attachment.
Attachments
highcharts-marker.jpg
highcharts-marker.jpg (116.84 KiB) Viewed 6947 times
rafalS

ceeol,

You are right, it is a bug. Thank you for catching this. We will try to fix this in the new version of Cloud: 3.0.
For this moment, as a workaround, you can use these options in CUSTOM CODE:

Code: Select all

Highcharts.merge(true, options, {
    series: [{
       radius: 7
      }
    }, {
       radius: 17 
      }
    }]
});
Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
ceeol

Probably belongs in a separate post, but: Will version 3.0 be backwards compatible with what we have now? Any launch date you can tell us about? Need to know whether I should spend a lot of time on this version, or go directly for version 3.
rafalS

ceeol,

Everything should be compatible with the new 3.0 version. We do not know when exactly will it be released, but should in a few weeks.

https://www.highcharts.com/documentation/roadmap

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead
rafalS

Hi, ceeol,

ETA for Highcharts Cloud 3.0 is the middle of December.

Best regards!
Rafal Sebestjanski,
Highcharts Team Lead

Return to “Highcharts Cloud”