JackW.

data source for up-to-date daily closing prices

Hallo everyone,

in the past days, i havd the opportunity to fiddle around a bit with highcharts, mainly using the http://jsfiddle.net/ environment for testing out some concepts.

I am currently creating a small website which is supposed to show the performance of a small handful of stocks (about 10) compared to the index.

Everything is running perfectly as long as i am using a static .json file which i compiled from stock data that i pulled manually from several websites (mainly onvista and yahoo.

Now i want to automate the data input in order to have daily up-to-date information on all the stocks (only daily closing prices needed).

I have seen some examples from 2015-2016 that were pulling the data from yahoo finance csv tables. Looks like this was pretty simple back in the days. However, this seems no longer possible. I think yahoo shut down this service.

In all my google searches i was unable to come up with a simple alternative way to get free stock market data. Could anyone please point me in the right direction here? Are there any services out there that allow a similar workflow as with yahoo back then, without doing any registering, installing 3rd party APIs and so on?

BR
Jack
dawid.d

Re: data source for up-to-date daily closing prices

Hello,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for contacting us with your question!

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the scope of our support. As Highcharts, we don't provide data, except for the maps.

We can help only if you have a problem with loading data you already have.

In case of any other questions related to Highcharts functionality feel free to contact us anytime
Best regards!
Dawid Draguła
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Stock”