maxmar123

Range selector "slides" in from the left

Hello,

I'm facing a strange problem. I'm using the official react wrapper and everything is working fine basically.
But there is somethings going on with the range selector. I set it on "floating: true" so I can move it to the bottom of the chart on the left corner - that works good.
I have a sidebar where I can pick dynamically data sources by name. The <li> elements are created from an array and I also implemented a search box where I can search for a specific data source. And here the strange thing happens:
When I type something in the search box, the range selector "slides" in from the left side to it's final position (where it should be) with every key stroke. It doesn't seem like the Highcharts component reloads all the time, because the data and everything stays in place, it's just the range selector that "loses" it's position and finds it again in like 1 second.

I didn't find anything related to this. Also it's hard to explain in words.. Unfortunately my implementation is so big because it's a dynamic platform that I can't reconstruct it in jsfiddle. But maybe some JS pro has got an idea what it going on there. Maybe it's even a React thing, I really don't know.
kamil.k

Re: Range selector "slides" in from the left

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting us again!

I have understood the case but unfortunately, it is hard to help without seeing your implementation as many things can potentially cause this issue. As you are using React, have you tried passing the key with the dynamic data to the HighchartsReact component?

Please, try to reproduce the case, it doesn't have to be the entire dashboard, just the simple part of it or even another example that can precisely visualize the problem. As you are using React, reproduce the issue in the Stackblitz, not the JsFiddle: https://stackblitz.com

Looking forward to your response,
Kind Regards!
Kamil Kubik
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Stock”