aadu

Trying to sync navigator with chart at max range zoom

I am trying to synchronise my navigator to my chart when its zoom is at max range. As you can see in the screenshot below, my navigator is at max range but the dips in the series of it do not sync up with the main chart. I believe this is because there is data grouping on the navigator, but not on the main chart. However, if I disable data grouping on the navigator, it just renders completely blank.

I don't understand why the main chart can render in less than a second with no data grouping, but the same doesn't seem to be possible for the navigator? Can anyone give a perspective on this?

kamil.m

Re: Trying to sync navigator with chart at max range zoom

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. Would you mind sharing your chart in a live editor (i.e JSFiddle)?
It would be much easier to work on a solution directly on your config.

Let me know once you reproduce the issue,
Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
aadu

kamil.m wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:34 am Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. Would you mind sharing your chart in a live editor (i.e JSFiddle)?
It would be much easier to work on a solution directly on your config.

Let me know once you reproduce the issue,
Best regards!

To simulate this exact issue I would need to make a JSFiddle with 5 series, each with 20,000+ points? Can you do that inside of a JSFiddle?

Maybe if anyone could provide more information on limitations with the navigator? Is there a maximum number of data points it will render before it defaults to blank? By setting "dataGrouping" to enabled for the navigator, everything works fine, but obviously this means the xAxis won't sync right with the above chart that has "dataGrouping" set to disabled.
kamil.m

We have tried to reproduce it in the JSFiddle, with a randomly generated data of 5 series and 20000 points. Data grouping is disabled for navigator and data series.

Although it is a bit slow, the navigator still looks fine, just like the data series. No grouping is applied, no blank navigator either.

Could you please take a look at this basic demo and compare it with your project?
DEMO: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/8df6chk3/

Thank you in advance!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
aadu

kamil.m wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:01 pm We have tried to reproduce it in the JSFiddle, with a randomly generated data of 5 series and 20000 points. Data grouping is disabled for navigator and data series.

Although it is a bit slow, the navigator still looks fine, just like the data series. No grouping is applied, no blank navigator either.

Could you please take a look at this basic demo and compare it with your project?

Thank you for responding! Yes, I apologise, it appears I left out an important fact. This only seems to occur when the boost module is loaded (which I require). It is strange...even if you adjust the boost threshold to a crazy high number (e.g. 999999), the navigator always appears blank for me when the module is loaded.

You should be able to see this here: https://jsfiddle.net/Lwfk3p0d/8/
kamil.m

Thank you for mentioning the boost module implementation, that makes things a bit more clear.

In that case, I'd suggest disabling the boost module for navigator series. Take a look at the demo below:
DEMO: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/mut8ovz9/

Let me know if that fixed your problem,
Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
aadu

kamil.m wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:36 pm Thank you for mentioning the boost module implementation, that makes things a bit more clear.

In that case, I'd suggest disabling the boost module for navigator series. Take a look at the demo below:
DEMO: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/mut8ovz9/

Let me know if that fixed your problem,
Best regards!
Oh, for some reason I didn't realise you could turn off boosting for just the navigator. Thank you. Would you be able to explain to me why I boosted navigator returns blank?
kamil.m

Sure thing, you can turn it off on a series level!

We did some digging into this issue, and it turns out that it might be a bug. The last working version for disabled dataGrouping and boost enabled is 8.2.2.

I have reported it on our GitHub Issues page, so feel free to watch the thread for any fixes or workarounds.
https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/17820

We are sorry for the inconvenience,
Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Stock”