thefireescaper

Batch generating static images using Export server

I run a stock screen service and every day we update the stock data into our database. I then want to call export server to generate approx 7000 static images for the stocks in the database. Is the hosted export service intended for this and can be used for this scenario? If so what are the key considerations and limitations?

Thank you
kamil.m

Re: Batch generating static images using Export server

Hi there,

We have forwarded your question to our Export Server development team. We will be back with an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,
Regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
piotr.m

Re: Batch generating static images using Export server

Hi,

We appreciate you reaching out to us with your inquiry.

7000 charts is a huge number (adding to that stock charts and the usually large amount of data in such charts, this can cause performance issues). You can of course test it, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee it will work without problems. It would also be necessary to set up workers and keep a proper balance between workers, the worker's limit (--workLimit), and a large --timeoutThreshold.

To sum up, 7000 is a really big number and it can be a problem to get it running. Please take a look at this link on performance in highcharts export server: https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... nce-notice

If I may clarify any issues/matters I am available at your convenience.

Kind Regards

Return to “Highcharts Stock”