bihelpdesk

Highcharts export server installation problem

When doing an install of the export server on Windows Server 2016 with node.js v16.16.0 I received a number of warnings. It doesn't seem to install correctly and there were no setup prompts:

C:\Windows\system32>npm install highcharts-export-server -g
npm WARN config global `--global`, `--local` are deprecated. Use `--location=global` instead.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: This module moved to @hapi/sntp. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: this package is now deprecated
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Please upgrade to version 7 or higher. Older versions may use Math.random() in certain circumstances, which is known to be problematic. See https://v8.dev/blog/math-random for details.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Please upgrade to version 7 or higher. Older versions may use Math.random() in certain circumstances, which is known to be problematic. See https://v8.dev/blog/math-random for details.
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: This module moved to @hapi/hawk. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.

changed 213 packages, and audited 214 packages in 11s

2 packages are looking for funding
run `npm fund` for details

16 vulnerabilities (1 low, 7 moderate, 5 high, 3 critical)

To address all issues, run:
npm audit fix --force

Run `npm audit` for details.
kamil.m

Re: Highcharts export server installation problem

Hi there,

It seems that your warnings come from the old packages. Some of them are already deprecated (i.e phantomjs-prebuilt).

Please try to reinstall the whole export server package. If this solution won't work, you can try testing our new export server.

We are currently in a process of rebuilding the export server using Puppeteer instead of phantomjs. If you would like to know more about it and install it from the GitHub repository - visit the link below.

GitHub: https://github.com/highcharts/node-expo ... /puppeteer

Do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions,
Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
bihelpdesk

I uninstalled the package and re-installed it and got the same warnings. I was able to install the export server on my dev PC without any problem but not on the server. BTW, this is the first time we've installed the export server on this server.
kamil.m

Hi, thank you for that information. In that case I would suggest to install exactly the same version of Node.js on your server as on your dev PC.

Let me know if that solved your issue!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
bihelpdesk

I uninstalled the latest version of node and installed an old version (11.11). It now seems to be working OK. What is most latest version of node that the export server supports?
kamil.m

In general we suggest using the latest LTS version of Node, but we're investigating this issue. Which version were you using on the server?
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer
bihelpdesk

16.16.0. It's the current LTS version.
kamil.m

We will have a look at that, thank you for your feedback!

Best regards!
Kamil Musiałowski
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Stock”