anupama.dumbre

How to Automate high charts testing

Do we have any ready to use tool to automate high charts. I required in one my project. I have tried with protractor but graph is not loading when script runs. Looking for all possible ways to automate high charts graph testing. Open for selenium solution also if available.
pawelys

Re: How to Automate high charts testing

Hello, welcome to the official highcharts forum, and thanks for contacting us with your question!
At the moment the highcharts library has loads of tests, that are kept in our repository, which ensures CI/CD. You can check the tests and test configuration directly In our repository: https://github.com/highcharts/highchart ... aster/test
Let me know if that works for you, and in case of any further questions feel free to contact us again!
Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer
anupama.dumbre

Hello pawelys,

Thank you for quick response. My issue is when i try to hit the url where we have graphs, the chrome browser not loading the graph. I am getting loading icon. Do I need to install npm highcharts to get the graph loads in browser? My application is loading properly when I hit it manually through chrome browser.
I am using protractor to automate the high charts graph in chrome.
pawelys

Hello again! My guess is that probably you are trying to fetch the data and create the chart asynchronously, so I would suggest implementing mocked API response or some delay in rendering/checking the data. Apart from that, Highcharts is a well-tested library, so you shouldn't test Highcharts itself, rather its integration in your project :)

In case of any further questions feel free to contact us again! Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer
anupama.dumbre

Hello,

I am trying to automate highcharts integration in my application. But i am not able to locate elements on the graph. Is there any different way to locate elements on the graph. I am trying with traditional way of locating elements using protractor. I want to test everything is plotted correctly on the graph and tool-tip is showing correct data. I have line graph with data points and also bar graph.

Thank you for your previous quick responses.
pawelys

What do you mean, that you can't locate the elements on the chart? If you want to ensure, that the items are rendered in the correct place on the chart, check our GitHub e.g. https://github.com/highcharts/highchart ... gend-align
where the tests are gathered. You can take patterns from the given files. I hope that this works for you, Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Stock”