gevendra

Measure X-annotation is appearing on Navigator instead of graph. Also the Annotation toolbar is not appearing at all.

I am facing a weird issue, not sure why? My annotation (the light blue shaded portion) and its toolbar is not appearing on the graph but rather on the navigator below when I am completing my measure-x event. Ideally the annotation should appear on the graph with min max and average value. However when doing measure-xy with same code it is appearing fine. I am giving my chart options below ,also the screenshot of the issue. Please help me with this as I am not able to debug it any more.

Code: Select all

const chartoptions = {
  title: {
    text: '',
  },
  chart: {
    animation: false,
  },
  legend: {
    enabled: true,
  },
  exporting: {
    fallbackToExportServer: false,
  },
  boost: {
    useGPUTranslations: true,
  },
  xAxis: {
    type: 'datetime',
  },
  yAxis: [
    {
      id: '2df93b78-7622-4957-a7ec-8aa8482111a9',
      labels: { format: '{value}' },
      opposite: false,
      showEmpty: false,
      title: { text: 'kelvin' },
    },
    {
      id: 'df29ccae-94f3-4d0a-bf11-32ad7da1a2ed',
      opposite: true,
      title: { text: 'kelvin' },
    },
    {
      id: '1dda5a2f-7337-480a-a486-d778ba0f01bd',
      title: { text: 'mbar' },
    },
    {
      id: '1dda5a2f-7337-480a-a486-d778ba0f01bd',
      title: { text: 'mbar' },
    },
  ],

navigator: {
    series: {
      dataGrouping: {
        groupPixelWidth: 2,
      },
    },
  },
  plotOptions: {
    series: {
      dataGrouping: {
        enabled: false,
      },
      showInNavigator: true,
      animation: false,
      states: {
        inactive: {
          opacity: 1,
        },
      },
    },
  },
  rangeSelector: {
    buttons: [
      {
        type: 'minute',
        count: 1,
        text: '1m',
      },
      {
        type: 'minute',
        count: 30,
        text: '30m',
      },
      {
        type: 'hour',
        text: '1h',
      },
      {
        type: 'day',
        text: '1d',
      },
      {
        type: 'week',
        text: '1w',
      },
      {
        type: 'month',
        text: '1m',
      },
      {
        type: 'all',
        text: 'All',
      },
    ],
    selected: 6,
    inputEnabled: false,
  },
  stockTools: {
    gui: {
      buttons: ['measure', 'zoomChange', 'toggleAnnotations'],
      definitions: {
        measure: {
          items: ['measureX'],
        },
        zoomChange: {
          items: ['zoomX'],
        },
      },
    },
  },
  navigation: {
    bindings: {
      measureX: {
        end: function (e, annotation) {
          console.log('Annotation end')
        },
        annotationsOptions: {
          typeOptions: {
            label: {
              enabled: false,
            },
          },
        },
      },
    },
    annotationsOptions: {
      events: {
        afterUpdate: function (e) {
          console.log('Annotation update')
        },
        remove: function (e) {
          console.log('Annotation removed')
        },
      },
    },
  },
}
pawelys

Re: Measure X-annotation is appearing on Navigator instead of graph. Also the Annotation toolbar is not appearing at all

Hello, thanks for contacting us with your question. I tired to replicate your issue, but I don't see any issues on my machine. Could you try to replicate the issue in the online editor? Here is my example with your configuration: https://jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/p7wfugko/

I filled the data, with random values (sinus function).
Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer
gevendra

Re: Measure X-annotation is appearing on Navigator instead of graph. Also the Annotation toolbar is not appearing at all

Is there any way we can get on a call or something? The issue is not reproducible on online editors but it is consistent in my local . The only way to mitigate this is when we get on a call and see what is impacting this. That would be very helpful.
pawelys

Unfortunately, we do not provide call support. If you are our licensed customer with a valid Advantage plan, you can contact us on Skype on a live text chat, see more info here: https://www.highcharts.com/blog/support/

From my experience, 99% of Highcharts issues/problems can be reproduced in an online editor like e.g. jsFiddle. If it is impossible, then your issue is more likely related to your app/environment, not Highcharts library, and debugging/fixing it goes beyond the standard scope of Highcharts support.

I would really like to help you, but I need an online demo of your problem so I have something I can work on. Even screenshots or videos could be helpful

Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer
gevendra

:) I totally understand . Let me give you the screenshot of the issue and see if that can be helpful. All I need is a direction in which I should investigate and debug in my own application. I think it is important to highlight here that with same code and same graph measure XY and Measure Y is working absolutely fine. Also some one tried to reproduce the issue in jsfiddle.net/BlackLabel/bs92gqx5 but couldn't. Can you please refer to below URL for screen shots of the issue. I am unable to attach it here. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/656 ... ing-in-the
pawelys

Well, as my colleague said on the stack Overflow, It's hard to say without seeing the reproduction of the issue. It seems that the measure appears to another xAxis and yAxis that should be attached. But if you can't reproduce the issue, there is the chance, that the problem lies somewhere in your configuration. Sorry, I couldn't help, but since the support already started on Stack overflow, try to continue the discussion there. Kind regards,
Paweł Lysy
Highcharts Developer

Return to “Highcharts Stock”